Earl Thomas Crying After Tonight's Game?

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2r1rmbul said:
semiahmoo":2r1rmbul said:
Crizilla":2r1rmbul said:
Pete has lost this team. The NFL is a copy cat league. Always has been. The Seahawks aren't the team they used to be because everyone "stole" their philosophy. It's time to rebuild or Wilson's prime will be wasted away.

I agree totally 100%. I had a whole thread largely devoted to that very thing but I can't seem to find it now.

Anyways, that's my biggest concern w/ the team right now - that the next 3-5 seasons of Wilson's prime playing years will be wasted as he struggles while being surrounded by a mediocre program.

Really hope that doesn't happen because he truly deserves a lot better.

6 days ago we were talking about the 1 seed and a run at the Super Bowl.

Geez.

We? You. "We" expected a loss today, and more to come. This team has needed to purge some ghosts since XLIX. Coaches and players. 2013/14 was fun, but it was time to move on two years ago. Now it's just sad. It literally has Earl crying.

BigMeach

Reaction score
It's just an unlucky couple of seasons and this one more than the last. Everytime we find a replacement RB with promise they get injured. We lose our most key positions to injury. You can plan correctly all day long and it doesn't work out.

To me there is a huge difference between poor planning and good planning but things not going as planned due to bad luck.

This team has been built for years now as a team who plays everyone close, it can work really well or it can go wrong. All that aside you give us a kicker who makes field goals and we're looking a hell of a lot better right now with everyone not losing their minds. Just go back and look at the stats from previous years and how many games were decided by us making our field goals.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
BigMeach":2tlk5cyo said:
It's just an unlucky couple of seasons and this one more than the last. Everytime we find a replacement RB with promise they get injured. We lose our most key positions to injury. You can plan correctly all day long and it doesn't work out.

To me there is a huge difference between poor planning and good planning but things not going as planned due to bad luck.

This team has been built for years now as a team who plays everyone close, it can work really well or it can go wrong. All that aside you give us a kicker who makes field goals and we're looking a hell of a lot better right now with everyone not losing their minds. Just go back and look at the stats from previous years and how many games were decided by us making our field goals.

I agree with the Kicking...You could argue with a better kicker we would of been 10-2 going into this game

pmedic920

Reaction score
Look, I get it, emotions are running high.
It was a tough loss, one that we all know shouldn’t have happened.

But we have to keep the boards half way tidy.

Get back on the topic of the OP, please.
And please keep this reminder in mind as you post in other threads.

Moving forward.

If Earl was crying, I can’t/won’t fault him one bit. He’s one of our guys that seems to lay it “all out” every game. He knows that our “D” should have eaten up B.B.

ETIII, one of my all time favs.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Earl is all heart, leaves all on field... not only back there holding down without usual guys and then loses Wagz and KJ... talk about everything being put on your shoulders... ETIII will be best free safety ever when all said and done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rossob

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":29755tox said:
rossob":29755tox said:
WilsonMVP":29755tox said:
vin.couve12":29755tox said:
All the same, it's all about Wilson now, which is what people wanted. Now we'll suffer the same playoff exits without any chance to win another ring because we are that team. That team that guzzles their 20M+ QB that has no chance of winning a ring because they can't run the ball late in the season and in the playoffs.

So stop talking about Wilson's prime and Wilson this and Wilson that. We were dominant as a TEAM, like the team that just kicked our arses. Obviously we are decimated with injuries, but without 3 turnovers that game isn't near as tough.

Funny how monkeys do that though. Never fails.

Nah you just have to have your QB never be paid like a top QB coughpatscough to consistently win, and i know this is sort of OT but seriously...Brady is more than likely the GOAT how the F has he not been paid like it. Some sketchy shit man

If we had say Flynn like we were supposed to instead of Wilson this team was winning shit and you know it. We would be the Texans of the NFC

Because he has been good for a long time and earned his money. Winning is now more important to him than the pay.

has he ever been paid as a top QB? I honestly dont know
I don't know whether he was ever paid for his value, but he surely has made enough money. According to Forbes, he earned a total career salary of 196.2 million and according to Sports Illustrated, he made 44 mill in 2016 alone on salary and endorsements combined.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/vincentfra ... b009456020
https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/02/05/tom-brady-net-worth

stizz19

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1stfcus8 said:
In my opinion, "rebuild" is the completely wrong word.

We need to get rid of some of the coaches, some of the scouts and evaluation guys, and some other behind the curtain roles (film study review, some positional coaches etc)

As far as players, ifedi needs to be gone yesterday, lacy has nothing left, graham is nowhere near the money he is being paid.

On the D, lane could go. Other than that, I cant think of anyone that is consistently bad. As guys present issues, we take them off that position and if they dont improve we trade or waive.

Basically, we copy what the most successful team in the league has done as far as requiring responsibility and mandating that you do the job you were hired to do.

I am so sick of seeing a decent gameplan (eagles short pass, run the edges, misdirection etc) only to follow it up with run of the mill long developing plays and throwing up long jump balls. Ridiculous, it's like amnesia sets in every week after a decent showing by the coaches.

Do your job or lose it, just like the rest of us.

Don't get the hate for Graham still, sure he drops some passes but the guy was tied for the lead in TDs this year. Can't block worth a damn but that's not what we brought him here for, we brought him to score and that's what he is doing.

Threedee

Reaction score
Even if the Seahawks "rebuild," you do it on offense, and hang onto the #1 FS and #1 MLB in the game today. If possible, you also hang onto the #1 SS and CB, as well.

As for that offense, you just need to develop OLinemen who are of an NFL caliber. And you fire Bevell several years ago.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Crizilla":3jqaox0y said:
Pete has lost this team. The NFL is a copy cat league. Always has been. The Seahawks aren't the team they used to be because everyone "stole" their philosophy. It's time to rebuild or Wilson's prime will be wasted away.
Totally agree.

No team is "scared" of the Seahawks.

If you haven't notice, the Seahawks have been getting bullied more and more with each season since the Patriots Super Bowl loss.

This is not an accident.

The copycat league is real, and Pete has never been great at "changing."

He preaches two things central to his program: run the ball, play solid defense.

Problems with this:

1. Can't run the ball with cables complicated zone blocking scheme with offensive line players that would otherwise be third or fourth stringers on other teams or not even in the league.

2. Cover 1 and Cover 3 has been figured out by other teams. The defense only play in these two schemes.

Pete Carroll is extremely hard headed. He doesn't see his scheme has been figured out.