Earl Thomas, is his heart still in the game?

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3ngkpnf1 said:
Injury; gelling with Williams and a missing Kam; tweaks to the defense with a new coordinator; take you pick.

The guy has the earned the right to just be good instead of exceptional over four or five games every once in awhile without arousing suspicions, IMO.

Basically all of this.

Not worried in the least.

grizbob

Reaction score
If his heart wasn't still in the game this front office/coaching staff would have known it and addressed it long ago. :irishdrinkers: :0190l: :179422:

Sterling Archer

Reaction score
The cool thing about Earl is that he is incredibly honest with his thoughts. If you read his blog or watch a few interviews from last year you will see that he admitted that mentally he was struggling with the injury and was having a hard time. I recall him saying that it was the first injury that actually limited him physically and I can see how that would take some time to adjust to and realize that you are mortal (with regard to the game).

He seemed to pick it up later in the year and thus far I haven't seen any inkling of these thoughts from him this offseason. I think he's back to 100% both physically and mentally.

sutz

Reaction score
Of all the muscles in ET's body, I think his heart is the one I worry about least. ;)

chet380

Reaction score
valleyflyfisher":3qgtnkci said:
Love me some Earl, all day every day, but ...and I hope I'm wrong....but I see a lot of Bob Sanders in Earl and I for one would not be surprised to see him dealing with injuries going forward. Small, fast, hard hitting safeties just don't physically hold up over the long haul. If Earl has a 10 year career I will be surprised.

I now shudder when I see ET in a situation where he might have to make a direct tackle on one of the 225 lb. RB's -- with his smallish frame, the potential for a devastating serious injury seems high -- he is a Pro Bowl FS b/c of his smarts and speed -- to lose him b/c of a routine, but relatively meaningless, tackle would be a disaster.

Latest posts