Earl Thomas

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ss1uhw9 said:
So no way it makes sense to franchise him and force him to play to get another deal again in 2019.
Except that we could force a trade that way. Get some pics for him.

sutz

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2v43ytc5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2v43ytc5 said:
So no way it makes sense to franchise him and force him to play to get another deal again in 2019.
How do you propose to force another team to engage in a trade they may or may not want to do?

DJrmb

Reaction score
They need the franchise tag for Frank Clark. They can't afford to use it on Earl at the hopes some team will trade for him.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1ci95xhh said:
Sgt. Largent":1ci95xhh said:

So you want to waste 11M of guaranteed cap space to force a player that has been about as vocal (verbally and non-verbally) as a player can be that he doesn't want to be here.............and deal with another circus off season and camp of an Earl disruption to get a late round pick for a player that just blew his leg out for the 2nd time in three years?

Why?

It's over, Earl's gone. Move on. No way Pete and John franchise Earl, hold him hostage for another year just to get a 4th or 5th rounder in a trade, which is all he's worth now after another leg injury.......not with possibly having to use the franchise tag on Clark or Reed.

edogg23

Reaction score
Am I the only one that can't see on the replay where he actually did anything to break his leg? I must have watched it 20 times and it seems it broke by him running. This doesn't look like a freak accident to me. Looks like something is compromised with his leg and should be something teams consider when offering him a contract.

Seymour

Reaction score
edogg23":svb4r0ta said:
Am I the only one that can't see on the replay where he actually did anything to break his leg? I must have watched it 20 times and it seems it broke by him running. This doesn't look like a freak accident to me. Looks like something is compromised with his leg and should be something teams consider when offering him a contract.

You are correct!
Exactly why I say this is on Earl for not taking the Seahawks advise to have that weakened bone surgically repaired with the pin to add strength. Earl took the high road and now we get the finger. :shock:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
edogg23":3mh7092w said:

It wasn't a big impact like Earl's first break where he ran full speed into Kam.

That's what Seymour and others have alluded to, Earl chose to not follow the Hawk's doctor's advice and have the leg pinned and set right the first break, instead he let the leg heal naturally and that's what probably led to it being broken so easily the second time.

And yes teams will be wary of Earl's health, that's why when he does sign, I doubt it's for more than a one year prove you're healthy deal, or a deal like Richard signed where it's a multi-year deal, but loaded with health and performance incentives.

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":de48g9i7 said:
edogg23":de48g9i7 said:

You are correct!
Exactly why I say this is on Earl for not taking the Seahawks advise to have that weakened bone surgically repaired with the pin to add strength. Earl took the high road and now we get the finger. :shock:

Whoever advised Earl to not insert the rod has cost Earl tens of millions.

Latest posts