Earl Wants To Be Highest Paid Safety in NFL

getnasty

Reaction score
Love Earl, eventhough he had a couple of "what the hell" moments off the field, he still always broght it on the field. Probably my favorite Seahawks of all-time and honestly wouldn't mind seeing the franchise tag used on him.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Shouldn't this be moved to the NFL forum since he thankfully no longer plays here. Eric Berry makes a ton of cash as well...how's that working out for the Chiefs?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ye072p1 said:
massari":1ye072p1 said:
If they can re-sign Clark, the Seahawks would likely franchise Thomas and trade him for a 3rd or early 4th, no?

No way we'd risk committing 12-13M guaranteed to deal with the same drama of Earl last off season, only to get a late round pick.

No team was willing to give up a 1st or 2nd up until he got hurt, so highly doubtful someone's giving up a 3rd or 4th on a one year franchise tag with Earl now coming off two major leg injuries AND now knowing that Earl's going to be a pain in the ass and want the moon for his contract extension.

He's gone. Time to move on.

Any way we can keep 12-13 Million free if Earl holds out?

Is that worth the potential picks? do we want picks this year or comp pick the following? Lots of questions John and Pete get to answer.

Jville

Reaction score
Cyrus12":14hyhk2d said:
Shouldn't this be moved to the NFL forum since he thankfully no longer plays here. Eric Berry makes a ton of cash as well...how's that working out for the Chiefs?

Earl's official departure date isn't until March 13th.

Retention of an Earl Thomas thread in the main forum serves as a magnet for all that have something to say on the subject. It also negates the need for multiple threads and over population of the main forum with duplicate subject material.

Pete and John noted years ago that Seattle is not a prison. They want players who want to compete in the Seahawks program. The interests of Earl Thomas lie elsewhere and the front office has telegraphed (clearly I think) that he will be afforded ever opportunity to maximize the full value of his next contract as a free agent.

Only twelve more days of this Seattle saga before it officially goes league wide. More to follow on the subject ...... league wide.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
If he insists on getting top dollar, that means *allas is out!

I think he ends up in SF.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
He did have an amazing (but short) season last year with Seattle. Had he been healthy all year, would this discussion be different? Would he have been re signed by Seattle? Would our playoff run have been different? Walter Jones was irritating with his hold out antics, but fans soon forgot about that and we consider him today one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Seahawks player ever.

Clearly Earl was a difference maker last year and will most likely be one again for any team that picks him up. I think he would clearly have value to Seattle should they keep him, but not the kind of value that warrants the $ he is asking for.

I still think of all the picks he made last year and how much better he made all of those around him.

I think the reason Sherman wants ET in San Francisco is that Sherman was a little exposed last season without ET covering his back side.

seabowl

Reaction score
Won't we get a compensatory pick for him anyway in like the 3rd or 4th?

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Earl Thomas wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

in other news: EVERY SAFETY IN THE NFL also wants to be the highest paid safety in the NFL.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Being the highest paid safety would help him realize his dream of having really fat kids.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Coming off injury, the only way Early gets top dollar is if he gets one of those back-loaded contracts to make the per year look big but in reality it is money he'll never see. But more power to him for getting what he can get. Hope somebody explains the benefits of living in an income tax free state.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Bottom line …….seems to me it is all about GREED. Of course, that is the mantra of most star players in the NFL. :stirthepot:

chris98251

Reaction score
Well having to decide what flavor to feed his kids can be stressful.

6130PORr71L

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1j358vle said:
Bottom line …….seems to me it is all about GREED. Of course, that is the mantra of most star players in the NFL. :stirthepot:

If you're troubled by an athlete wanting to get paid as much as possible, perhaps you should stop following all professional sports.

Tical21

Reaction score
He'll get it. HOF player, who, four months ago was the best safety in the league. His injuries haven't been soft tissue and wont slow him.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":bjhgzyzj said:
I want to know what a Sarftey is first.

It’s a defensive player with unrealiistic salary expeectations, who has broken the same leg twice, has starving kids after receiving +/- $50 million from his team, visits conference rival locker rooms, professed he wanted to be here, but still flips off his team when hurt. I think it might an ET.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1s2lek9w said:
Well hopefully he gets what he wants. The more he gets paid, the higher pick we get. Correct?

Can get at most a comp 3rd round. Why not tag and trade for a 3rd in this draft?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkfish":33pkrc8a said:
JSeahawks":33pkrc8a said:
Well hopefully he gets what he wants. The more he gets paid, the higher pick we get. Correct?

Can get at most a comp 3rd round. Why not tag and trade for a 3rd in this draft?

Dont think many folks are going to surrender a high draft pick plus the salary ET wants