Earl wants to retire a Hawk

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't get why all his anger was at Pete. Does Pete have final say in the contract decisions re renegotiating early etc? Nothing against Schneider?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":o96tupw0 said:
I don't get why all his anger was at Pete. Does Pete have final say in the contract decisions re renegotiating early etc? Nothing against Schneider?

Pete's always had final say.......it's the main reason he came here in the first place, Allen promised him total control over all football operations.

Seymour

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":269t6gne said:
Without Lynch, Earl, Kam, and Sherman we don't win a SuperBowl.

Those guys along with Wagner, Bennett, and Avril were literally the lynchpins to our success.

When we started losing them, we never got back again.

Earl was a big part of what made the greatest secondary, perhaps in league history, so effective. If he hurt your feelings, well I am sorry, but it does not remove the reality that without him this team would never have been much more than a wildcard team.

He is also one of the best to play his position. One of the best centerfielders and sideline to sideline safeties ever, maybe not Ed Reed, but certainly as good as most of the rest.

We were lucky for the time we got with him. We won't be as good without him for a long time, if ever.

If that does not warrant officially recognizing his greatness ON THE FIELD (regardless of the off the field stuff that hurt the feelings of some of you) then I don't know what does.

You acknowledge everyone but Wilson as key to our success?

Wow....what disrespect! :177692:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's cute that anyone would actually think they team would have made the Super Bowl (either one) w/out Russ.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3pi9x8rl said:
HawkRiderFan":3pi9x8rl said:

Pete's always had final say.......it's the main reason he came here in the first place, Allen promised him total control over all football operations.

Maybe ET is hoping he's in the league longer than Pete, so he can return after the current PC/JS tenure.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Absolutely as it should be. When his career comes to an end, let him sign that one day deal so he can retire a Seahawk.

Regardless of my feelings about his antics in recent years, the dude was one of the best to ever suit up for us and deserves to be in the Ring of Honor someday for his contributions on the field and helping us land our first Lombardi.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":36875vqf said:
Sgt. Largent":36875vqf said:
HawkRiderFan":36875vqf said:

Maybe ET is hoping he's in the league longer than Pete, so he can return after the current PC/JS tenure.

I honestly don't think as time goes along Earl will still be harboring any ill will towards Pete, especially when it comes to being inducted into the ring of honor with the LOB, or coming back to raise the 12th man flag, etc.

Pete's been coaching for 30 years, and I can't think of one ex player that has said anything bad about the guy. I think that speaks to his character and how much players love playing for him.

chris98251

Reaction score
Really I think he was pissed at Pete the President of Operations not Pete the Coach.

LargentFan

Reaction score
I love Earl. I wish him nothing but good luck. I'll be thrilled if he retires as a Seahawk and goes into the Ring of Honor. Hall of Fame seems likely as well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RastaHawk12!":1hsf32m2 said:
Not just ring of honor...

Does he get retired if he makes the HOF?

Do you mean number retired?

If I had to guess, no. Even if Earl makes the HOF I think the Hawks would still want to treat him on equal footing with the rest of the LOB when it comes to things like the ring of honor and retiring numbers.

What I hope is they'd all be open to being in the ring of honor as the LOB, and not individually...........that is if BB is out of prison by then.

LargentFan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":15oq0fap said:
What I hope is they'd all be open to being in the ring of honor as the LOB
I like this idea. Maybe a section where they are all together.
Imagine that event...it's half time and we are playing at home against the 49ers.
"Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome YOUR Legion of BOOM!"

I don't think Browner makes it...even if he's out of prison by then, he may have tarnished his reputation too much to ever receive that sort of fanfare.

AgentDib

Reaction score
If Earl can damage his standing with the fan base through off field stuff like he did then he can also repair it in the same manner. This is a welcome step along that path.

quadsas

Reaction score
He can retire as a Raven.

Dont act like a cock while youre with the team and then instantly switch stances once you leave and realise its not better elsewhere.

As far as I am concerned, him and Sherm can (Mod Edit), thanks for the ring. Youre not bigger than the team

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Whatever. I like Earl. My second favorite Hawk after Marshawn. He should retire a Seahawk.

rcaido

Reaction score
i wish we can have him right now. would love to see all the butthurt fans reaction when they do.

i rather still have him then our current secondary.

Atradees

Reaction score
A one day contract. Its a media stunt. Im I supposed to care as a fan? Because of the manner of his leaving Im less inclined.

chris98251

Reaction score
I laugh at this crap, he played his heart out here and may not be the most amiable person, we didn't pay him to be, we didn't ask him to be a Role Model, we asked him to give up his body for the team which he did, he wanted to get paid and we said play out your contract. He seen Sherm, Avril, Kam and other have serious injuries. It was a business deal and he came up short this time and is bitter. So was Kenny Easley, for a while, time heals most wounds.