Earl wants to retire a Hawk

rjdriver

Reaction score
One of the best football players to ever wear a Hawk uniform. I loved watching that guy play. Earl NEVER took a single play off and he played with fearless, reckless abandon. I remember his first game back after breaking his leg. I thought there would be a level of apprehension in his physical style (it’s how the body physically works after major injury), but he was flying around and playing as aggressively as ever. He was the ringmaster of that defense and his ball hawking ability and speed allowed our other DB’s to take high reward risks that paid dividends in a lot of games.

Do the circumstances of his departure suck? Sure. Did his “feed my family” rants and Dallas episode bother me? Sure. I get the rancor fans have.

He’s an emotional guy who has no filter. That’s how he played physically and unfortunately that’s how he was emotionally. It’s an asset on the field but comes off immature off the field. However, regardless of how you feel, I hope you savored every moment watching that guy play in a Seahawks uniform, because you won’t see anyone better for a long time if ever.

uncle fester

Reaction score
rjdriver":jlll6idz said:
However, regardless of how you feel, I hope you savored every moment watching that guy play in a Seahawks uniform, because you won’t see anyone better for a long time if ever.

This quote sums it up entirely.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I hated to see Earl's great legacy damaged by one bone-headed moment. Yes, he should retire as a Seahawk, but we may want to wait a bit on the Ring of Honor. Need some space between his final act and his redemption. It would also help if Earl acknowledged his action was in poor taste. Forgiveness is there for those who ask for it.

vtxretro02

Reaction score
He blew his chances of retiring a Seahawk when he gave us the one finger salute... appreciate your service to our team Earl.. and you will be remembered as one best if not the best
Seahawk Safety of all time but your classless gesture to towards the Seahawks after breaking your leg ..was enough for me... your jersey number will never hang in the rafters at centurylink field.. . best of luck with the rest of your career... but one finger salute right back at ya... .. your gesture to the team that drafted you in the first round and made you a very rich man.. thats how you treat them !!! .. it really shows your character..

Uncle Si

Reaction score
vtxretro02":390almew said:
He blew his chances of retiring a Seahawk when he gave us the one finger salute... appreciate your service to our team Earl.. and you will be remembered as one best if not the best
Seahawk Safety of all time but your classless gesture to towards the Seahawks after breaking your leg ..was enough for me... your jersey number will never hang in the rafters at centurylink field.. . best of luck with the rest of your career... but one finger salute right back at ya... .. your gesture to the team that drafted you in the first round and made you a very rich man.. thats how you treat them !!! .. it really shows your character..

While i understand the sentiment, ETs beef (and subsequent gesture) was with JS/PC... not the Seahawks or its fan base

AirStrike

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3o5yxan6 said:
It's cute that anyone would actually think they team would have made the Super Bowl (either one) w/out Russ.

Who said that??

The Breh

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3ec7accc said:
It would also help if Earl acknowledged his action was in poor taste. Forgiveness is there for those who ask for it.
He owes nobody an apology. At all.
Especially fans who value the players perspective nil.
He had every right to feel pissed given the circumstances having unfolded in the worst case scenario possible.
It's a ruthless business, with a lot at stake and emotions run high. When again, the worst case scenario possible happened.
He gave you the best Seahawks football experiences we've seen and a legion of "fans" want his legacy written off because of what?

The same pussy emotions you're expecting said player to conceal.
While your job was well in tact.
As you judged from the comfort of your lazyboy somehow personally offended because of a finger.

quadsas

Reaction score
The Breh":2ws8ckjz said:
Tusc2000":2ws8ckjz said:
It would also help if Earl acknowledged his action was in poor taste. Forgiveness is there for those who ask for it.
He had every right to feel pissed given the circumstances having unfolded in the worst case scenario possible.
It's a ruthless business, with a lot at stake and emotions run high. When again, the worst case scenario possible happened.
He gave you the best Seahawks football experiences we've seen and a legion of "fans" want his legacy written off because of what?

As you judged from the comfort of your lazyboy somehow personally offended because of a finger.

He had absolutely no right to be pissed off lmao.

And the fact that he was so pissed off (due to his own actions backfiring on him, and blaming others) was what sparked fan backlash against him.

Stop being so childish and act like players 'deserve' shit. He was a crybaby bitch and I dont want any part of him.

And noone is discrediting his achievements as a Seahawk. Would you accept a partner back who was great for five years, turned abusive, whixh prommpted you to leave him, only for him to ask for a second chance a month later?

(redacted due to fascist regime) off Earl

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":2pua209y said:
The Breh":2pua209y said:
Tusc2000":2pua209y said:

And the fact that he was so pissed off (due to his own actions backfiring on him, and blaming others) was what sparked fan backlash against him.

Stop being so childish and act like players 'deserve' shit. He was a crybaby bitch and I dont want any part of him.

And noone is discrediting his achievements as a Seahawk. Would you accept a partner back who was great for five years, turned abusive, whixh prommpted you to leave him, only for him to ask for a second chance a month later?

I don't know in the passion of the moment with everything on the line for him and the pain he is suffering from getting a major break in a bone I am sure you would have waved and smiled to the crowd as the wheeled you off the field.

quadsas

Reaction score
chris98251":ydmc5pap said:
quadsas":ydmc5pap said:
The Breh":ydmc5pap said:
Tusc2000":ydmc5pap said:

I don't know in the passion of the moment with everything on the line for him and the pain he is suffering from getting a major break in a bone I am sure you would have waved and smiled to the crowd as the wheeled you off the field.

Bad post

chris98251

Reaction score
quadsas":gb7klebe said:
chris98251":gb7klebe said:
quadsas":gb7klebe said:
The Breh":gb7klebe said:

Bad post

Yes your post was................

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
Earl is and always will be a Seahawk LEGEND . Thank you Earl .

I understood how great you are and I knew you were the most important piece to the Seahawks during your time here .

I wish we could have granted your wish and traded you last off season . But I won’t let that sour time ruin my memory of your absolute greatness ! Thanks again earl . Looking forward to you retiring a Seahawk