Earl

DynoHawk

Reaction score
That look in his eye is the same look a 15 year old boy is gonna get when he comes to date Earls baby girl.

byau

Reaction score
Just like y'alls to know I've worn my Earl jersey for the last three weeks and he's gotten a pick in each week (during the bye week I'm sure he picked something up at the store)

Just sayin'

#MojoWorking
#SportsSuperstition #ItsReal
#ANGRYEARL

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Aros":1tj6i4fd said:
I was thinking he was off a bit this year. Then he grabbed some picks. Still, I wondered if he was really 100% in the game on his usual All Pro level.

Then I witnessed this and said "Oh hell yes, Earl is back."

Hahahahaha, I love this look because every Seahawk fan knew at that moment he was on it.

ivotuk

Reaction score
vin.couve12":in997mjk said:
I think it's possible that this is the best game of his career. Particularly because he was without Kam and stepped up over any previous level of understanding of things. He played deep well, but he also played at the mid and short levels a lot more where the ball takes less time to arrive and so you have less time to adjust compacted by playing a cover 3 that has the largest zones on the short areas. He was in the right positions without that heady coverage call being given to him. Many folks forget that Kam sat maybe 70% of his rookie year specifically so he could learn from Lawyer Milloy. Earl has always had that layer ahead of him where he could just play and not have to worry about making the calls and adjustments on the back end.

Today he did it without that aspect and even did it with some seriously blown assignments from amidst said back end. Huge, huge game from him, IMO.

Great points. Pete said in 710 interview that they had to teach him discipline because he was trying to play using his ability, and not his head. That worked in College, but not in the NFL. I think he's readjusting after a poor start, and using his recognition through study, to point his athleticism in the right direction.

SeaChat

Reaction score
I have gone back and reviewed the film footage of this last game, with more emphasis on the defensive play during my second rerun. Kam is a really important piece of our D-line. We have other highly skilled players who can fill in, and who over time, would do near equally well, bringing me to my point about Earl.

The Legion of Boom, are what they are because of the time that most of them have spent on the field with each other. There comes a time, when you have played together with someone long enough, that you know what they are going to do next, even before they do. That has finally started to find its way back into the legion this season, after the change ups from last season.

I purposely made mention of Kam, and should have Sherman as well in this post, because the three of them played through a significant part of the season and all of the post season with significant injuries that they refused to let stop them from competing, and compete they did, at higher levels than their opponent, and as we later learned furthered the extent of their injuries and had to work all that much harder to recover from them in the off season.

This is a real testament to who the characters are that make up the legion of boom, and what they are made of. They all give everything they have and then some, and not for personal fame or reward, but for each other, their team, and the 12.
If Earl is in fact all healed up and back banging on all 8 cylinders again, then his opponents need to heed this warning, " Be Afraid, Be Very, Very Afraid", because Earl is back.
If Kam is healed up from his groin injury, and can stay healthy, along withe rest of the long timers on the D-line, we are going to be more than any offensive line can contenend with this season because The Legion of Boom is back.
Earl doesn't need to play dirty, he'll beat your butt all day long by the book.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Seems like a two-factor situation where he was 1. Gaining confidence to go fullbore after the injury. 2. Appears the coaches have given him expanded options that he's been getting used to.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

Latest posts