Early peak at 2016 QB class

kearly

Reaction score
Vernon Adams is the QB I want for Seattle. He's not a 1st round pick physically, and he has plenty of issues with mechanics, but he is one of the smartest QBs I have ever watched. In a lot of ways he reminds me of Philip Rivers.

I really like Goff, but never heard anyone else hyping him so I was wondering if I was missing something. I guess not. I just looked it up and he's McShay's #1 QB for 2016 right now. Really surprised to see a skinny QB ranked so high.

I want to like Cook, but holy hell does he stare receivers down. He's basically Colin Kaepernick with lesser tools. Fun QB though.

Brissett is fun too, but he's just too 'clunky' for me. He makes routine plays feel awkward. He runs well but doesn't look fast. His game is like Jameis Winston, if Winston were not a natural.

Hogan has solid stretches, but he feels like he should be a backup even in college.

Also, I think Winston and Mariota are very good bets to be top 10 QBs in five years. I know it's just preseason, but Mariota looks so smooth out there and Winston will probably work out in the NFL if he can stay out of trouble.

As far as the 2016 class of QBs, it reminds me of 2013. Some very good 2nd tier QB prospects, but nobody that you'd take #1 overall at this point. I see a lot of good, long term backups, but not anybody that can take over a team (except maybe Adams in a best case scenario).