Easley Completely Changed by Hall of Fame Honor

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/08/02/seahawks-legend-kenny-easley-%E2%80%9Ccompletely-changed%E2%80%9D-pro-football-hall-fame-honor[/urltargetblank]

Great article on .com about what the Hall of Fame induction means to Kenny Easley.

“It just changed everything spiritually for me,” Easley said of receiving that phone call last summer. “I got up, started walking, started doing all kinds of things to get my health back… That was significant, that was really significant in my life.”

As significant as enshrinement into the Pro Football Hall of Fame is to Easley, he can’t yet put the meaning of that honor into words. Easley has such reverence for this honor that, until he actually goes through the ceremony this weekend and puts on that gold jacket, he won’t try to describe what it means to him.

sutz

Reaction score
Would love to see Kenny raise the 12 flag in that gold jacket. :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Easley is my favorite Hawk of all time, so I was devastated when things kinda turned sour with his relationship with the organization.

Understood, they did him wrong with his health.

So this whole HOF experience for him has been amazing to see, and easily can see why it's been rejuvenating and cathartic for him personally. Easley had about as bad of a taste in his mouth about the Hawks and his football career in general for a LONG time. This HOF induction has vindicated him personally, professionally............. and like he said spiritually.

sutz

Reaction score
Kenny in the Hall, 45 on the wall!

:2thumbs:

baumer64

Reaction score
sutz":2zcruulr said:
Kenny in the Hall, 45 on the wall!

:2thumbs:

:ditto:

He is one of my all time favorite Seahawks as well. Great and selfless team leader. And man what a hitter!!!

12HawkFan

Reaction score
I just watched him walk out on the field at the Hall of Fame Game and they got a few words from each inductee and Kenny was clearly choked up, the sheer gravity of that moment just literally made him speechless.

Here's to you #45, you were the best in the NFL at your position in your day and you are still one of the best players to ever put a Seattle Seahawks uniform on.

Can't wait to see you raise the 12 Flag in you HOF Jacket.

GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
BullHawk33":2lzstlbc said:
Kenny left it all on the field. Loved watching him play the game.

Disagree there are a lot of former players at home that still have nightmares because of his hits.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Gotta give Ronnie Lott a lot of credit for being an long time advocate pushing for Easley to get into the HOF.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1algshet said:
Gotta give Ronnie Lott a lot of credit for being an long time advocate pushing for Easley to get into the HOF.
Agreed. I don't think Kenny would be there if it weren't for Ronnie Lott.