Eddie Lacy average at best at camp?

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2iccsyoq said:
We certainly haven't heard much about him, other than his meeting his weigh-ins.

As far as I can tell, he failed his last weigh in last Tuesday. No word on it at all, and others he passed they released the results.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
Popeyejones":294gmxq0 said:
Teams rarely (if ever) tackle to the ground in training camp.

Lacy's game is yards after contact.

Every training camp smaller and faster backs look like world beaters, and once people start tackling to the ground in pre-season games and the regular season, the big power backs who can break tackles again come to the fore.

I wouldn't even start to try to evaluate Lacy until tackling starts happening.

Yup this exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

And Honestly the biggest thing for all 3 backs is health. There will be a healthy rotation between the 3 and an increased focus on establishing and sticking with the run.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
stang233":2abe6tac said:
He will not look good until they are 100 percent full contact

This.

We never saw much of Marshawn all through training camp and the preseason either. Big thumper type backs rarely look good when it's a month of flag football and minimal contact.

I'm not worried about the RB position this year, Pete and John did a great job of restocking the shelves and creating a great competitive environment for 2-3 of these backs to shine once the downs start to count.

Aircrew

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3fwo06wo said:
Teams rarely (if ever) tackle to the ground in training camp.

Lacy's game is yards after contact.

Every training camp smaller and faster backs look like world beaters, and once people start tackling to the ground in pre-season games and the regular season, the big power backs who can break tackles again come to the fore.

I wouldn't even start to try to evaluate Lacy until tackling starts happening.

This.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seymour":3m7tvlzp said:
MontanaHawk05":3m7tvlzp said:
We certainly haven't heard much about him, other than his meeting his weigh-ins.

As far as I can tell, he failed his last weigh in last Tuesday. No word on it at all, and others he passed they released the results.

He passed. Carroll said that in his presser yesterday.

mikeak

Reaction score
I heard that Lacy is doing a lot better in camp that Lynch used to do.............

He is an NFL veteran - he doesn't bring it until the season starts

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2ttbj6u9 said:
Lacy didn’t do much in the mock game which was in part by design — with no to-the-ground tackling allowed Carroll said the format didn’t suit his strengths anyway.

But expect him to get some work in the preseason opener Sunday against the Chargers when we should begin to get a fuller idea of how he will fit in this season.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... wide-open/
Beastmode didn't light up in practice either. Guys who's game is running people over are not going to look good in practice.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, I'll wait to see what he does in the pre-season. And more importantly in the regular season. Very little can be taken from camp w/many players. Not worried one bit about Lacy.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3b6d0r1y said:
Coug_Hawk08":3b6d0r1y said:
I was at camp yesterday. All of the RBs looked bad/really average coming out of the backfield to me. The o-line was getting worked though. Two safeties in backed up situations, penalties (quite a few false starts), and lots of sacks given up.

That's beyond dissapointing.

Hopefully they can clean it up soon
but completely expected.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qac71g1 said:
Seymour":3qac71g1 said:
MontanaHawk05":3qac71g1 said:

He passed. Carroll said that in his presser yesterday.

Weird, wonder why they waited 6 days to tell us? Well that is good news, not that 2-3 lbs matters a whole lot with him, more so that it tells me / us his level of commitment more than anything.

chris98251

Reaction score
Bruising backs take a lot of punishment thru the year, not subjecting Lacy to contact will keep him fresh longer, we did the same with Lynch,I expect a quarter in pre season and then by the end of pre season a series from him. He just needs to get hit a bit and hit people and we will see where his heart is at and if he is bringing the wood.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3tznvd5x said:
Bruising backs take a lot of punishment thru the year, not subjecting Lacy to contact will keep him fresh longer, we did the same with Lynch,I expect a quarter in pre season and then by the end of pre season a series from him. He just needs to get hit a bit and hit people and we will see where his heart is at and if he is bringing the wood.

Speaking of that....Did you know today was John Holmes birthday? :twisted:

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
IIRC, last year, this board was all agaga over Pope. Lots of heart, but, how many teams did he get cut from before winding up back here? Now he's not even on our roster. Frankly, what most people here 'see' is irrelevant and often misguided.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Lacy is the one real RB stud on that roster, he's gonna get fed about as many carries as he can take.. Starting game 1 at GB. So looking forward to it!

TRawls and CJ may grow up to be like Lacy, fingers crossed on that.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Found this quote from Pete Carroll on Seahawks.com regarding Lacy -

“Eddie’s doing great,” Carroll said. “He hasn’t missed anything, he’s been very attentive to everything that we’re doing. He can catch the football. He can run thick and heavy, you don’t get to see all of that right now. He’s in good shape. He has done everything we’ve asked of him, he has done a great job. We’ve got to get to these games, it’s going to take us a while, but as we get to these games, everybody’s going to get the football, and we’ll just see how it feels with different guys running it, because we have a lot of diversity in the running back spot.”

Asked about Lacy’s much discussed weight, Carroll said, “He’s perfectly on track.”

Link to the full article - http://www.seahawks.com/news/2017/08/07/six-takeaways-seahawks-mock-game

Josea16

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":1r6x7k4t said:
IIRC, last year, this board was all agaga over Pope. Lots of heart, but, how many teams did he get cut from before winding up back here? Now he's not even on our roster. Frankly, what most people here 'see' is irrelevant and often misguided.
Correct. Which is why I make no serious predictions about the team until 4 games have been played. Except that we're going to beat Dallas on Christmas Eve.

If you see Carson a lot in the preseason he is done and Collins is in. It's not rocket science guys.

Tical21

Reaction score
So the big slow guy isn't good at 2-hand-touch. Shocking.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":2g06x6g9 said:
Yep, I fell a little for Pope.
Gotta remember it's the preseason, teams are not really game planning, and as with Pope's case last year it was against mainly 3rd stringers and worse.

There always a preseason flash in the pan. This year will be no different.

Latest posts