Eddie Lacy average at best at camp?

chris98251

Reaction score
Pope played well was cut by Jets and brought back and contributed, he was a change of pace back, I think he is with the Colts now, talent was there and we seen it, he would have had a hard time here making the team this year, J.D. McKissic is a lot like him.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
ACFan":7akpjszg said:
I think Lacy is valuable to start the year especially, experimenting with the O-line probably means we'll have average run blocking at best to start the year, so we need backs who can get yards on their own.

Love what Rawls can do, but if there is some penetration he can easily lose 7 yards, we need backs who can get back to the line of scrimmage, or push the pile for a few extra yards.

So I think Lacy is extra valuable to start the year. Let the O- line develop as the season goes on, and get Collins, Carson and Prosise up to speed, then maybe not so much.

Just wanted to say, when Rawls was healthy in 2015, he led the league in lowest % of rushes that went for negative yards. i.e. he always got back to the line of scrimmage.

Personally, I think Rawls is the best RB on the team. He just has to stay healthy. I think if he was healthy for a full 16 games, he'd be at or near the top of the league in rushing.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Josea16":2ybn8uiu said:
Jazzhawk":2ybn8uiu said:
IIRC, last year, this board was all agaga over Pope. Lots of heart, but, how many teams did he get cut from before winding up back here? Now he's not even on our roster. Frankly, what most people here 'see' is irrelevant and often misguided.
Correct. Which is why I make no serious predictions about the team until 4 games have been played. Except that we're going to beat Dallas on Christmas Eve.

If you see Carson a lot in the preseason he is done and Collins is in. It's not rocket science guys.

People are free to speculate if they wish. It's fun and it doesn't hurt you. This isn't a competition to have the best forecasting methods.