Ejiro Evero

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I'm hoping Seattle hires Ejiro, as he has consistently produced results at each of his stops. However, it's a bit of an unknown how he'll manage the whole organization instead of just the defense and the schemes they run.

I know the hot young defensive minded coach is MacDonald but I think Ejiro Evero will end up being the better overall coach for the team that hires him.

According to Field Gulls, he will be interviewing with the Seahawks.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Evero is pretty high up the list of current candidates as being one of the guys that I would really like.

I get that he has worked for two crappy operations over the past two years - the '22 Broncos and '23 Panthers; but both years his unit stood out amongst an otherwise crappy team. It's shortsighted to hold those two bad teams against him. He had his units playing above their talent level. I really think that performing well with the increased level of difficulty that comes from being on bad teams is a huge positive; the lazy take will be not wanting anyone from the Panthers, but it's about looking beyond that.

Very sharp guy. Diverse football mind: coached offense for Harbaugh's 49ers teams, rose further through the ranks as defensive coach with McVay's Rams. Has a Super Bowl ring, so has been exposed to a championship program. As a player, was a UDFA, so understands connecting with the entire roster.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm a huge fan. I still lean towards an offensive guy but He's done well at every level and players really like him as well. Would be interesting to see who he would bring in as OC too

xray

Reaction score
I'm worried that JS will interview him and the other rumored candidates , just to look like he's being diligent , but hires Quinn as planned all along . I hope I'm wrong . :(

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Evero doesn't have the experience/contacts necessary to enlist and build a strong coaching staff.

Hard pass for me.

OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
I'm worried that JS will interview him and the other rumored candidates , just to look like he's being diligent , but hires Quinn as planned all along . I hope I'm wrong . :(

I really don't think Seattle goes with DQ.

Time to go get a blizzard. I do like the crushed M&M blizzards.

OP
OP
L

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Evero doesn't have the experience/contacts necessary to enlist and build a strong coaching staff.

Hard pass for me.

Fair enough. The same can probably be said for nearly all the offensive/defensive coordinators. McVay and Kyle S. included.