Elbow hit to KJ that took him out of the game? Video proof

Tical21

Reaction score
That's a textbook block, hand doesn't hit his face. That's how you're taught to block since you're 6 years old. Get some shoulder and give a good punch. That's it. What are we whining about here? Our guy got blocked too hard so dangit there has to be a fine?

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":2cdkvllu said:
That's a textbook block, hand doesn't hit his face. That's how you're taught to block since you're 6 years old. Get some shoulder and give a good punch. That's it. What are we whining about here? Our guy got blocked too hard so dangit there has to be a fine?

Man you got blinders on. The only reason he doesn't hit his face because the thing called the helmet got in the way.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Tical21":gnavw6o0 said:

What in the world are you talking about??? The strike zone is from the shoulders down. Any contact to the face is a penalty. An elbow to the facemask is not only dangerous but has been and always will be illegal.. I hope they fine the hell out of him.
You obviously weren't taught football very well or are lying.

http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/penaltysummaries

Tical21

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":35ik728t said:
Tical21":35ik728t said:

What in the world are you talking about??? The strike zone is from the shoulders down. Any contact to the face is a penalty. An elbow to the facemask is not only dangerous but has been and always will be illegal.. I hope they fine the hell out of him.

Okay, I'll play. You've got a guy running at you. Your coaches have told you to block him. He is 6 inches shorter than you. His helmet is going to be the most forward piece of his body, correct? Where are you then supposed to hit him? Should yous just jump out of the way and let him go instead?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tical21":14bczj4q said:
seahawk12thman":14bczj4q said:
Tical21":14bczj4q said:

Okay, I'll play. You've got a guy running at you. Your coaches have told you to block him. He is 6 inches shorter than you. His helmet is going to be the most forward piece of his body, correct? Where are you then supposed to hit him? Should yous just jump out of the way and let him go instead?

You don't always answer your own question but when you do you state the obvious. Stay questioning my doubting friend.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Tical21":2b1x8092 said:
seahawk12thman":2b1x8092 said:
Tical21":2b1x8092 said:

Wright was out of the play, extend your arms and engage in the shoulder blades as if he was rushing the passer. Go through his body with your arms. Wright isn't going to bullrush Dunlap and he will successfully take him out without ripping his head off. I am 6'5 and blocked much shorter people all the time. When does a defender ever catch a running back like that from behind? Next to never..

What is the difference between a elbow blow to the head and a punch??

Answer: Nothing.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
StoneCold":2esr5a1l said:
Tical21":2esr5a1l said:
seahawk12thman":2esr5a1l said:
Tical21":2esr5a1l said:

You don't always answer your own question but when you do you state the obvious. Stay questioning my doubting friend.

LOL

Tical21

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":djassl15 said:
Tical21":djassl15 said:
seahawk12thman":djassl15 said:
Tical21":djassl15 said:

Wright was out of the play, extend your arms and engage in the shoulder blades as if he was rushing the passer. Go through his body with your arms. Wright isn't going to bullrush Dunlap and he will successfully take him out without ripping his head off. I am 6'5 and blocked much shorter people all the time. When does a defender ever catch a running back like that from behind? Next to never..

What is the difference between a elbow blow to the head and a punch??

Answer: Nothing.
Extend your arms and engage in the shoulder blades? Zombie block him? You want to play pat-a-cake with him?

When I saw the title for this thread and saw all the whining going on, I was not expecting to see a textbook block. A fine?

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":18vaoak1 said:
Tical best .NET troll.

You guys are all marks.

This guy should be banned; he is a troll now. This gets so tiring. :17:

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Tical21":qnn2535p said:
Extend your arms and engage in the shoulder blades? Zombie block him? You want to play pat-a-cake with him?

When I saw the title for this thread and saw all the whining going on, I was not expecting to see a textbook block. A fine?

:tomato:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tical21":2c0msr7h said:

Is it the fact that his elbow hits KJ in the head and not his hand that makes it a good block? Cuz if it was the hand it certainly would have or should have been a penalty. If KJ was a dress wearing QB they would have hung Dunlap.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
It's just not legal to deliver a blow with your helmet, shoulders, hands or forearms to the head and neck area of an opponent. Cut and dried, no whining about it.

Tical21

Reaction score
StoneCold":4rx72gx9 said:
Tical21":4rx72gx9 said:

Is it the fact that his elbow hits KJ in the head and not his hand that makes it a good block? Cuz if it was the hand it certainly would have or should have been a penalty. If KJ was a dress wearing QB they would have hung Dunlap.
Sure, but he's not. He's a 6'4, 235lb linebacker. Crack back blocks and blindside blocks and open field blocks happen all the time, right? In almost every play, a guy's helmet gets touched in some form or fashion. Go ahead, watch the game again, look at youtube, whatever you gotta do. Dunlap delivers a punch to the sternum and his shoulder hits Wright in the head. It's not dirty, it's not high, it's just football. If you flag or penalize this, you start handing out 25+ every game.

I guarantee you four things:
1. KJ Wright did not feel in any way that this was an illegal hit.
2. The Seahawks staff did not feel in any way that this was an illegal hit.
3. There will be no fine from this hit.
4. If Okung had blocked Melvin Ingram this way, and had received a fine for it, every last one of you would have been complaining and touting it as a legal block.

Interpret it however you want. Whine and cry foul-play if that makes you feel better. We're very good at that in this part of the world, and have quite a wonderful reputation for doing so.

xgeoff

Reaction score
peppersjap":2kdjjo14 said:
That was a cheap shot. Hard to believe this is the same guy acting like his QB was being roughed up when he pulls crap like that.

Honestly, I don't know what you guys are talking about. This looks like a block to me, and something KJ should have known was coming. What would you want the OL to do? He was blocking and KJ got hurt, it happens. He's standing in front of KJ, it's not like he comes out of nowhere. What's cheap about it? I've knocked guys on their asses with the same kind of block in high school and flag football. You just hit guys in the shoulder as they run by and it throws them off balance. Put a little umph into it and it knocks them on their asses. You're actually allowed to hit guys in the shoulders because they wear shoulder pads.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Tical21":29m6yodo said:
This has got to be some sort of sick joke. A fine?

What are you going to fine the guy for? Being mean? Blocking?
You've got to be on some pretty good shit tcal.
It was obviously a damned Cheap Shot at the head/neck area, but it's perfectly legal "Cheap Shot" because Wright isn't playing Quarterback eh? :141847_bnono:

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tical21":k5kw5ggh said:
StoneCold":k5kw5ggh said:
Tical21":k5kw5ggh said:

Sure, but he's not. He's a 6'4, 235lb linebacker. Crack back blocks and blindside blocks and open field blocks happen all the time, right? In almost every play, a guy's helmet gets touched in some form or fashion. Go ahead, watch the game again, look at youtube, whatever you gotta do. Dunlap delivers a punch to the sternum and his shoulder hits Wright in the head. It's not dirty, it's not high, it's just football. If you flag or penalize this, you start handing out 25+ every game.

I guarantee you four things:
1. KJ Wright did not feel in any way that this was an illegal hit.
2. The Seahawks staff did not feel in any way that this was an illegal hit.
3. There will be no fine from this hit.
4. If Okung had blocked Melvin Ingram this way, and had received a fine for it, every last one of you would have been complaining and touting it as a legal block.

Interpret it however you want. Whine and cry foul-play if that makes you feel better. We're very good at that in this part of the world, and have quite a wonderful reputation for doing so.

If it was just the shoulder I wouldn't quibble, but quibble I will over the elbow smash.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
If Bennett gets fined for a LEGAL hit to a dress wearing QB, them this deserves the same thing

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If it was one of our guys doing that to a Charger player, the Media would have basically acted like he stabbed someone :?

Latest posts