Elbow hit to KJ that took him out of the game? Video proof

Hawks46

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":qpdek5x2 said:
I'll be surprised if that play doesn't bring a fine.

I would. There wasn't a flag thrown on the play, so they won't review it. That only matters if you're a QB. Ask Bennett.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawks46":152dc7ma said:
c_hawkbob":152dc7ma said:
I'll be surprised if that play doesn't bring a fine.

I would. There wasn't a flag thrown on the play, so they won't review it. That only matters if you're a QB. Ask Bennett.

Actually they do review everything, no flag but as always fines come out for illegal hits and thing a week or so later, that was a blatant head shot, with the focus on concussions I would not be surprised if he is fined.

The league looks at all this stuff, for uniform violations to missed officials calls, this is both.

Tical21

Reaction score
I just watched the Lockett runback. There were at least six Chargers who had their helmet come into contact with at least one part of a Seahawk. Should all six Seahawks be fined?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":2ly3ojrh said:
I just watched the Lockett runback. There were at least six Chargers who had their helmet come into contact with at least one part of a Seahawk. Should all six Seahawks be fined?

Don't be silly . . . that's not the same as an obvious cheap shot, forearm to the neck.

Tical21

Reaction score
In all seriousness, watch the play again. It is about for posts up from here. Describe what you would rather see Dunlap do.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Tical21":30dtfdqb said:
In all seriousness, watch the play again. It is about for posts up from here. Describe what you would rather see Dunlap do.

I would rather see a football play . . . get low and hit him in the chest.

Untitled-1.gif

StoneCold

Reaction score
Tical21":mltqwdaj said:

Wow, you really are just a rolly polly trolly. Now you're just making crap up. I went and watched it and there are not 6 Seahawks hitting chargers in the head with their hands or fore arms.

Go fish!

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
Interesting discussion. It's like folks are looking at two different gifs, evidently.

Some posters see a "block" executed with a forearm/elbow shot to the neck/side of head.

Others see a "punch to the sternum" (Huh? Sternum? You mean the spot right between the numbers? That's where Wright gets hit?) or "hitting him in the shoulder as he runs by".

Pretty wildly diverging viewpoints of video.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
athanas":34ipqyxd said:
StoneCold":34ipqyxd said:
Bobblehead":34ipqyxd said:
grizbob":34ipqyxd said:
He didn't have recovery water?

Dammit, I chuckled and immediately hated myself for it :shock: :141847_bnono:

I felt the same way when I hit "submit".

You do know what will wash that feeling away?

Recovery Water: It's Got Stuff Plants Crave.
LOL.... I love that movie!

athanas

Reaction score
It's no Office Space, but it is still highly under appreciated.

That being said, looks like the dude whacks KJ with a forearm shiver to the neck-bone.
The days of Deacon Jones are long gone. That should cost that cat some money.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Pretty funny, Tical, and I do hope for an explanation.

You pretty much defined Frank Clark as an idiot punk and put all the blame on him for the alterication he had with Rivers.

Yet you are defining what Dunlap did to Wright was a "textbook" block and the right thing to do?

So let us get this straight for Dunlap he made a text book block attacking KJ Wright in the shoulder. At the point of impact, he had Wright beat, a man that size easily could have just chipped Wright out of the play with a mere shove.

But Dunlap went full King Kong after his legit block to Wright's shoulder by maliciously following through an initially clean block. Dunlap drove his massive forearm into an already off balance KJ Wright's neck/facemask area to completely obliterate out of action. Even though it was not necessarily after just impending Wright's momentum was enough to take him out of the play.

Watch the play, Dunlap at full strength continues to finish his iniatally clean block to the shoulder by maliciously driving his forearm into Wright's neck, at that point you can actually see Wright go from unbalanced falling to his legs quivering, knees buckling and just dropping.

Yet Dunlap is a hero and you call Frank Clark's contact with Rivers a dirty play?

A play where Clark:
-was caught in a 8-10 player scrum
-trying to finish a play
-with his blocker pushing him into Rivers
- and trying to avoid completely body slamming Rivers full force while falling may or may not made incidental contact to River's Helmet while trying regain his balance
- and whether you think the contact was incidental or not, it wasnt seemingly malicious in any way. Just a little competitive love tap if anything in the spur of the moment mishap that had no egregious intent to seriously injure a player.

Yet to you, Clark is utter BS, an idiot, a dirty player, in the wrong. a ticking time bomb and Dunlap was just a dude making a great play.

Just seems like you are flip-flopping on your great know-it-all-powerful logic or you just really want to bed Rivers.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
I don't know how anyone can see it differently so I did a closeup shot and made it alot bigger, and even slow motion it, every frame you can see that his arm was never in the sternum area. If it was, then how did half of Dulap's arm is way past KJ's neck? That arm extending like that meant that he did an elbow backhand.

Tical21

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":mituu4hw said:
I don't know how anyone can see it differently so I did a closeup shot and made it alot bigger, and even slow motion it, every frame you can see that his arm was never in the sternum area. If it was, then how did half of Dulap's arm is way past KJ's neck? That arm extending like that meant that he did an elbow backhand.

You've obviously never blocked someone in space before.

Tical21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":rko2vlhi said:
Pretty funny, Tical, and I do hope for an explanation.

You pretty much defined Frank Clark as an idiot punk and put all the blame on him for the alterication he had with Rivers.

Yet you are defining what Dunlap did to Wright was a "textbook" block and the right thing to do?

So let us get this straight for Dunlap he made a text book block attacking KJ Wright in the shoulder. At the point of impact, he had Wright beat, a man that size easily could have just chipped Wright out of the play with a mere shove.

But Dunlap went full King Kong after his legit block to Wright's shoulder by maliciously following through an initially clean block. Dunlap drove his massive forearm into an already off balance KJ Wright's neck/facemask area to completely obliterate out of action. Even though it was not necessarily after just impending Wright's momentum was enough to take him out of the play.

Watch the play, Dunlap at full strength continues to finish his iniatally clean block to the shoulder by maliciously driving his forearm into Wright's neck, at that point you can actually see Wright go from unbalanced falling to his legs quivering, knees buckling and just dropping.

Yet Dunlap is a hero and you call Frank Clark's contact with Rivers a dirty play?

A play where Clark:
-was caught in a 8-10 player scrum
-trying to finish a play
-with his blocker pushing him into Rivers
- and trying to avoid completely body slamming Rivers full force while falling may or may not made incidental contact to River's Helmet while trying regain his balance
- and whether you think the contact was incidental or not, it wasnt seemingly malicious in any way. Just a little competitive love tap if anything in the spur of the moment mishap that had no egregious intent to seriously injure a player.

Yet to you, Clark is utter BS, an idiot, a dirty player, in the wrong. a ticking time bomb and Dunlap was just a dude making a great play.

Just seems like you are flip-flopping on your great know-it-all-powerful logic or you just really want to bed Rivers.
I don't understand the correlation you're making between the two.

The similarity is that you've got Seahawks fans that don't know any better swearing that the world is against them.

Dunlap hits Wright, hard, good. Extends after the play. Did he have to do it? I'm sure he didn't. But every single one of us that has posted in this thread would take that shot the same way. That's exactly how you're taught to do it. Punch with the forearms and unload through the guy. As a lineman, it doesn't get any better than getting a clean shot on a guy, in the neutral zone. You go for the big hit every time. His hand gets up around the neck area. Waaaaaaaaa. Again, I guarantee you KJ Wright thought not one thing dirty about the hit. I guarantee you nobody else in the country shown that tape would think anything dirty about that hit. Nobody that has ever played the game would think dirty of that hit.

Rivers has been sacked hundreds of times in his career, and never took this much exception to one. If Clark did nothing wrong, why did Rivers do it? In a preseason game no less. I guarantee you Clark did SOMETHING. It just doesn't pass the smell test. You don't have to believe me. You know I don't care. You know that 50 people against me here bothers me none. You also know that just about every time I go 50 to 1 in this place, I end up being proven right. You've been here long enough. I pick my battles. I'm not going to stick my neck out like this if I'm wrong.

Msfann

Reaction score
It looks like a good block to me. I don't see anything cheap about it and I don't like cheap shots.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
If Okung had done that, I would love it. So obviously, Dunlap should be fined, suspended, drawn and quartered.

It's football. I loved it when Golden destroyed a Cowboy Linebacker, and likewise, our LB needs to keep his head on a swivel.

If the NFL fines his ass, oh well, the NFL do what they do. But it was a hell of a football play.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
It's an illegal play to hit a defender in the neck and head area. The NFL needs to do a better job protecting defenders from getting the forearm shiver to the neck and head, as much as they protect offensive players from the same kinds of illegal hits.

OP
OP
theincrediblesok

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Tical21":2fjvzknf said:
theincrediblesok":2fjvzknf said:

You've obviously never blocked someone in space before.

Maybe not in football, but I've done Competition Tae Kwon Do.

I guess we will see if the NFL says anything, I'm more relieved that KJ didn't get injured for the season, that’s my concern on that play.

Pete said that his shoulder was banged pretty good, KJ wanted to go back in, I bet he wanted to give Dunlap a little payback.

Latest posts