Emotions are starting to get numb

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":67ppel78 said:
This team's much better when it's all on the line. It was at 3-3 last year, and now at 2-4 it feels similarly do or die.

You would think that's the case.. but has it really been that way?

0-2 against the Bears with Jimmy Clausen at QB.. they couldn't pull away until late.

1-2 against the Lions.. they gave up 89.9 yards at the end and got away with a blatant penalty to preserve the win.

This was a huge game for us, much bigger in the grand scheme of things for us than Carolina.. and we pissed away a 9 point lead in the 4th.

Maybe we're just not that good? Last year we were fortunate to run up against a string of back-up QB's to get everything kicking into place.. we might have that the next two games, but after the bye? Not so much.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Our defense has lost it's heart. I just spent a shitload of money for four tickets, etc to see the next game against the Niners and I don't even want to go. No, I won't give them away, but it's a waste of money and time at this point. Sad really...

HawkEye

Reaction score
I feel lthe same.

In the Krieg years, I never felt like we had a game in the bag...90's were, well, brutal. I was almost used to loose in terrible fashion.

I think we will get better and catch the Cardinals, but so far, those 4 losses felt just like in our worst years.

djb28

Reaction score
This season is really making me miss the team that was non existent in the first half then came blazing back in the 2nd half. AND WON!

nbk35zw

Reaction score
HawkEye":q2csmk8o said:
I feel lthe same.

In the Krieg years, I never felt like we had a game in the bag...90's were, well, brutal. I was almost used to loose in terrible fashion.

I think we will get better and catch the Cardinals, but so far, those 4 losses felt just like in our worst years.

On the bright side, your avatar is stunning.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
How inevitable did it feel that we were going to lose on a seam throw to Olsen?

I mean, honestly, if there was one play I could have predicted we'd lose on, that was it. That in itself took some of the sting out. It was so comically predictable.

The one guy on their team you can't let beat you. Every TE on the planet has already carved you up. And it happens again. Just laughable.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
I'm not even kidding that when we led 23 to 14, I had less than 50% confidence that we were going to win. I wasn't surprised in the least and that's kind of crazy to no longer feel surprised. This team has lost its confidence and so they now play in the fourth quarter like they are afraid of messing up.

Greenhell

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2qxjg4wm said:
Greenhell":2qxjg4wm said:
EverydayImRusselin":2qxjg4wm said:
So basically we're back to pre-Wilson Seahawks teams. I was hoping it wouldn't return for a long time.

This. Mediocrity is the lowest rung of hell.
And we're the very definition of it right now. Personally I'd rather be like Kansas City and in the hunt for a spot high in the draft. Maybe then we could have a shot at getting a decent offensive line. It really does start and end right there, no pass go, no 200.00 dollars.

I could never want to be in the place of the KC just to get a high draft pick. Besides, pc/JC would probably trade down, stock pile picks and draft more DEs,DTs, beefy punters and turn them into more oline projects. Ugh.

Greenhell

Reaction score
HawkEye":1842z2ps said:
I feel lthe same.

I'm getting anxiety at the thought of this PC led team reverting back to those mediocre years. Ugh.

StoneCold

Reaction score
Largent80":vrsqlh61 said:
If Russ hadn't overthrown Lockett this thread doesn't exist

Unfortunately this can be said of all of our losses. Not exactly on Russ every time, but it's just a play here and a play there. Seemed so inevitable that they would score. Maybe this will light the fire, but there isn't much heat in this team right now. It really isn't a talent problem. They aren't playing together on either side of the ball. Can't help but think that all of the offseason moves, from Russ getting paid to Kam's hold out to new DC and all the new players that are just not fitting together. This is in part a coaching problem, but mostly a player problem. Someone has to speak up and clear the air. Last year it was Kam, but he burned his right to speak by holding out.

Season's not over, but the probabilities are getting smaller. At one time this year a loss to SC was unthinkable. Now? I'm not looking forward to the 4th quarter this coming Thursday.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I remember sitting there watching them go up 20-7 and thinking "that doesn't mean anything." How sad. In years past we all knew that meant everything.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Aros":tmk82oki said:
I remember sitting there watching them go up 20-7 and thinking "that doesn't mean anything." How sad. In years past we all knew that meant everything.

When they settled for 3 following another Cam pick in his own territory, I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that the Panthers would come back.

This really feels more like the Holmgren days than the PC days. Those Holmgren teams held on to 4th quarter leads like Christine Michael holds on to a football.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Largent80":2krs83ul said:

You mean on the drive where they scored a TD anyway?

Solid take.

mrt144

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":24uxtku2 said:
Largent80":24uxtku2 said:

You mean on the drive where they scored a TD anyway?

Solid take.

If Russ could only hit 65 yard bombs with any regularity...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
davidonmi":8xsdmwkr said:
you can blame the offense all you want, but a 10 point 4th quarter lead should be safe against greg olsen, ted ginn and the rest of the trash Carolina has at WR

There is plenty of blame to go around here.

Honestly, these collapses require multiple points of failure. The offense has every opportunity (in these cases multiple since we are 2+ scores ahead) to ice the game on their own.

These have been a total team effort. We experienced the EXACT same phenomenon in our section. Every fan in our area fully expected a late game collapse. And when Carolina missed the extra point, there were several that immediately responded: "I guess we'll lose by four now instead of one".

The expectation is, that this team will completely fail on all levels and not make any of the plays they have opportunities to make on either side to win a game. That's a tough pill to swallow. And it's not like we're being given any reason to expect more otherwise.

When you're in a funk like this, it just takes a couple plays to make all the difference. Right now, it seems like we're in a passive, "Let's see if the other team can make the game losing mistake". There is little active, "Let's make the game winning play" kind of vibe. It's not the Seahawks way we've come to expect. It just feels like we're playing scared/safe at the end of games.

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
DavidSeven":mvrcliw0 said:
How inevitable did it feel that we were going to lose on a seam throw to Olsen?

I mean, honestly, if there was one play I could have predicted we'd lose on, that was it. That in itself took some of the sting out. It was so comically predictable.

The one guy on their team you can't let beat you. Every TE on the planet has already carved you up. And it happens again. Just laughable.

I don't claim to be an expert but I saw it coming too.

formido

Reaction score
I feel alright. It's disappointing, but we've had a lead in every 4th quarter. This is the best 2-4 team I've ever seen. Half of Seattle's games have come against undefeated squads. There's clearly some good stuff to build off of, it's not all bad. Seattle's still good right now, but they'll have to improve to get great. We've seen it happen every year so far with this team under Carroll.

mikeak

Reaction score
ONlY positive I see is if this team recovers and makes the playoffs then I doubt they lose a lead in the 4th quarter again

With that said I would rather be a 4-2 team