Enjoy the win but...

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3nm42b0y said:
Spin Doctor":3nm42b0y said:
theincrediblesok":3nm42b0y said:
Spin Doctor":3nm42b0y said:
Wilson's ball placement looks off, he should've had much better stats than he did, and we should've come away with more points. Our offense still only managed 1 touchdown today against a mediocre bears team on a short field, not impressed.

You're never impressed with Wilson so I'm not impressed that your not impressed :)
There have been times that I have been impressed with him, but for me he is just too inconsistent. As a passer he still is very raw. Can't remember which game it was, but last year he was hitting slant routes with great anticipation, and was climbing the pocket. He looked almost like a miniature Aaron Rodgers. The times that Wilson looks like that are too sporadic however. One week he'll look like a golden god, and the other he'll be missing wide open receivers, and making life difficult for his receivers and O-line.

Oh yeah I'm not saying he doesn't get the blame, he gets plenty of blame and he takes those blames himself. So your saying every single game, that everyone else doesn't make mistakes and that Wilson has to play mistake free football but the receivers and O-line never make any mistakes?
The line made some mistakes for sure, and we also didn't pay attention to matchups. There is no reason why Graham should've been blocking that D-lineman one on one. That being said Wilson needs to improve his pocket presence, and get the ball out of his hands quicker. He needs to stop hesitating and double clutching, those kind of things kill drives.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
falcongoggles":35hk1izc said:
One offensive touchdown...that is atrocious and it will end our season if not fixed. Questions?

Sarcasm??

26 points.

By the way, is this your first year watching Pete Carrol football?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2bkahjj9 said:
371 yards of total offense. I'll take that kind of crap offense every week!

Amazingly enough that is with 33 total yards of offense after the first quarter. So 338 yards from 2nd quarter on

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":137a8vfr said:
oldhawkfan":137a8vfr said:

Amazingly enough that is with 33 total yards of offense after the first quarter. So 338 yards from 2nd quarter on

It's time to give the keys to the car to Wilson and stop handcuffing him. It's obvious we are better when we go uptempo and let him make plays. He will have some frustrating plays where he holds it too long (this will continue to improve though), but then he will have some magical plays like the 4th and short when he escaped the sack and soft tossed it to Graham for the first.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
The line made some mistakes for sure, and we also didn't pay attention to matchups. There is no reason why Graham should've been blocking that D-lineman one on one. That being said Wilson needs to improve his pocket presence, and get the ball out of his hands quicker. He needs to stop hesitating and double clutching, those kind of things kill drives.

I will agree that Graham should not be blocking one on one, seems like he can get beat easily. How can Wilson get the ball out quicker if it's a deep developing play. We don't have any deep threats. Kearse is not a deep threat/screen play threat yet we use him as one. Graham is not a blocker but we use him as one. People also complained about Doug playing on the outside when he's best in the slot, and that Kearse shouldn't be our number #2 Receiver yet he is. We have converted Defensive Lineman/Tight End that are now playing on the O-line. We barely use Luke Willson and he's one of the fastest TE but we can't even use him as a deep threat on plays with Graham. Chris Matthews who barely gets any catches now for some reason, it goes deeper than Wilson my friend.

Smellyman

Reaction score
kearly":28zfxi8h said:
Wilson: 101 passer rating.
Graham: 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD.
Rawls: 104 yards rushing. 6.5 YPC.

The bears lost by 26 points.

~drops mic~

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1yl83wde said:
Spin Doctor":1yl83wde said:
Wilson's ball placement looks off, he should've had much better stats than he did, and we should've come away with more points. Our offense still only managed 1 touchdown today against a mediocre bears team on a short field, not impressed.

You're never impressed with Wilson so I'm not impressed that your not impressed :)

Oh wow Spin disliked the way wilson played what a surprise :sarcasm_off:

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":3ccebko2 said:
Spin Doctor":3ccebko2 said:
theincrediblesok":3ccebko2 said:
Spin Doctor":3ccebko2 said:

There have been times that I have been impressed with him, but for me he is just too inconsistent. As a passer he still is very raw. Can't remember which game it was, but last year he was hitting slant routes with great anticipation, and was climbing the pocket. He looked almost like a miniature Aaron Rodgers. The times that Wilson looks like that are too sporadic however. One week he'll look like a golden god, and the other he'll be missing wide open receivers, and making life difficult for his receivers and O-line.

Oh yeah I'm not saying he doesn't get the blame, he gets plenty of blame and he takes those blames himself. So your saying every single game, that everyone else doesn't make mistakes and that Wilson has to play mistake free football but the receivers and O-line never make any mistakes?

LOl of course he is, its always Wilsons fault, he could go 30-30 and 7 tds and he would still complain about a ball placement, or something stupid like that

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeaToTheHawks":379qvqzt said:
WilsonMVP":379qvqzt said:
oldhawkfan":379qvqzt said:

It's time to give the keys to the car to Wilson and stop handcuffing him. It's obvious we are better when we go uptempo and let him make plays. He will have some frustrating plays where he holds it too long (this will continue to improve though), but then he will have some magical plays like the 4th and short when he escaped the sack and soft tossed it to Graham for the first.

That is exactly what all the experts are saying even Sims said it. We move the ball better when Wilson calls the plays, and these stupid scripted plays are the wrost. ON the few times today were you can argue he held it to long there was no place to go even the announcers said that

Anthony!

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":1746w7a9 said:

I will agree that Graham should not be blocking one on one, seems like he can get beat easily. How can Wilson get the ball out quicker if it's a deep developing play. We don't have any deep threats. Kearse is not a deep threat/screen play threat yet we use him as one. Graham is not a blocker but we use him as one. People also complained about Doug playing on the outside when he's best in the slot, and that Kearse shouldn't be our number #2 Receiver yet he is. We have converted Defensive Lineman/Tight End that are now playing on the O-line. We barely use Luke Willson and he's one of the fastest TE but we can't even use him as a deep threat on plays with Graham. Chris Matthews who barely gets any catches now for some reason, it goes deeper than Wilson my friend.

LOL and the truth shall set you free, Wilson is close to last on the list of offensive issues, given he is the main reason it even functions at all given all the things mentioned above.

Hendo66

Reaction score
theincrediblesok":icry8qjd said:

Spot on !

peppersjap

Reaction score
The offense struggled early but definitely started playing in the 2nd half. With almost 400 yards total offense I think they did what they had too.

Atradees

Reaction score
To have a consistent offense the oline has to allow for that. I think its that simple.

QB needs reps lineman need reps receivers need reps.

None of that happens if Bad Guys are crashing down on the QB alot.

It results in 3 and outs. Not reps.

We went with some Gimmicks like the no huddle to mask deficiencies but the downside

is that it doesn't eat clock and One

could end up shooting themselves in the foot if there isnt perfect execution giving the ball up quicker.

Not rocket science; just football....

There were proven commodities on the market in the Oline department.

We went with the raw talent Cable likes.

When I see Sweezy 2-5 yards downfield when the QB is being pressured I wonder.....

will there ever be consistency with these converts?

All this whinin aside we had exlosive plays as Pete calls them and won the game after a ugly first half.

Largent80

Reaction score
kearly":2zz9wgwe said:
Wilson: 101 passer rating.
Graham: 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD.
Rawls: 104 yards rushing. 6.5 YPC.

The bears lost by 26 points.

Add this one in, the Bears punted on EVERY possession in the game !!!!!!!!!!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Imagine that, someone telling us to enjoy the win, but....

No thanks, not only will I enjoy the win, but I'll enjoy a bunch more this year. 26-0, gave up less than 150 yards, 371 yard to 146, yet it's still not good enough. Shoot, add the 2 drops by Rawls and Lockette and they are well over 400 for the game. Oh well, I guess everyone looks at it different. They did what they were supposed to do against that team, stomped them into the ground.

hawker84

Reaction score
Is it me or does each of the first 3 halves this year remind me of Russell's rookie year. Bevell handcuffs him until the second half, then all of a sudden the offense opens up. Why can't Bevell realize this and do this in the first halves as well? Completely baffles me why it takes Bevell an entire half to figure this out?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's a very good point. We were in our section just yelling to let Russ do what he does. It's maddening sometimes no doubt.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The offensive line is a work in progress... we all knew that.

It's not how you start that matters... it's how you finish.