Enjoy the win but...

OP
OP
hawkfannj

hawkfannj

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":278veod5 said:
Imagine that, someone telling us to enjoy the win, but....

No thanks, not only will I enjoy the win, but I'll enjoy a bunch more this year. 26-0, gave up less than 150 yards, 371 yard to 146, yet it's still not good enough. Shoot, add the 2 drops by Rawls and Lockette and they are well over 400 for the game. Oh well, I guess everyone looks at it different. They did what they were supposed to do against that team, stomped them into the ground.
Don't go pounding your chest and set up a parade now!
we did not "STOMP " them into the ground by no meens offensively . So your right it does depend on how you look at it . If your fine with that type of offense production point wise then that's good for you 1 TD is good enough for you great man . We are going to beat a lot of teams with one offensive TD . You can move it between the 20s all you want rack up stats galore how bout scoring points against a horrible D .
That bears D is god awful that's a fact .
Fact stats are for losers no sprinkles for you

Largent80

Reaction score
The bears came along at the right time because the team seems to be in pre preseason form

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Whatever you say, if you want to be unhappy and worried after a 26-0 win have at it. We can agree to disagree.
Winning doesn't have to look a certain way, 26-0 is exactly what that game was. They got past the 50 yard line a couple times? Come on now. Did it have be 70-0?? Just because I'm not sitting here complaining after a 26-0 loss, doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the O-Line etc. Looking forward to some more ugly wins. I'll enjoy the win my way, you can look at it your way. Plenty of work to do no doubt. I just prefer to enjoy wins and trust that it will get better as the year rolls on.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":4kro4ep6 said:
Whatever you say, if you want to be unhappy and worried after a 26-0 win have at it. We can agree to disagree.
Winning doesn't have to look a certain way, 26-0 is exactly what that game was. They got past the 50 yard line a couple times? Come on now. Did it have be 70-0?? Just because I'm not sitting here complaining after a 26-0 loss, doesn't mean I'm not concerned about the O-Line etc. Looking forward to some more ugly wins. I'll enjoy the win my way, you can look at it your way. Arguing on the internet is a waste of time.

Some people think the NFL is like college, when a powerhouse team will pound a hapless small school by 80.

The Bears are not a good team without Cutler and Co. but they are still an NFL team. Beating an NFL team by nearly 4 touchdowns, regardless of their quality, is a beat down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out how 26-0, when your opponent punts every single drive isn't a beat down. All in how you look at it I guess.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1nlq3as3 said:
The Seahawks were not blown out by either the Rams or the Packers, two teams with well-coached defenses and (in GB's case) an elite offense. I'm more encouraged by that than I am by beating the Bears.

Yea me too, because scoring 19 points on one of the worst defenses in the league, at home, isn't encouraging.

I just hope it's something we can build on, and get some chemistry and rhythm going. Detroit doesn't seem like all that great of a defense this year, but they're miles better than Chicago. It will be a nice progression: start with terrible and work up to average.

chihawk

Reaction score
I wouldn't put it on Wilson, but slow start on offense definitely is concerning. I remember seeing two early drops on passes that should have been caught (Rawls had a really bad one that could have gone for big yards).

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
We can never have nice things! :th2thumbs:

Realistically the naysayers have a point. The offense needs to get going prior to the 3rd quarter. And it all starts with the run! Marshawn Lynch has 138 yards rushing on 38 snaps this season! Is that more to do with his own health or should we place the blame on our less than cohesive Oline? Rawls has 109 yards on 18 snaps (although nearly all of that happened yesterday) behind that same line. Hope we get to see more of him going forward! So there's one or two things to work on as far as the run game.

We seemingly do not have a TE in the building who can block. We knew what we were getting when we brought in JG88 but his blocking yesterday was a testament to the old adage that a tiger cannot change his stripes. He needs to be taken out of the blocking roll or at the very least he needs help in those situations. We brought in Fred Jackson to help pass block, but thus far I am just not seeing it in action. So there is another thing to work on.

Our receiving corps actually looked pretty good yesterday except for a few key drops from Matthews and Lockette. The drops nearly sunk us last year in the NFCCG and a few others so I think we are seeing better play from our starters here. So for once that is not a major source of concern for me personally.

Tackling on Defense however remains a source of concern. These first three games have been hard to watch from a tackling only perspective. Yesterday was an improvement over the Rams and Packer games but it still needs to be a focus.

We actually made a marked improvement as far as penalties yesterday 5 for 41 yards I think. The past two seasons I have been bitching about the constant spotting the other team a hundred yards of turf in penalties per game. Green Bay is case in point. But we seemed to be a lot better yesterday. Maybe just because they were home?

Special teams might be the best in the league right now. Alright the half assed punt yesterday was a flyer for Ryan and Hauschka has missed a FG already but overall our Kicking game, Coverage and our return game are about as good as any sane person could ask for. Tyler Lockett FTW!

I was really glad to see Clark getting more reps yesterday as well. About time!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A W is always enjoyable.

Of course there are things that need to be improved, mostly unfortunately on O.

Any time the D pitches a shutout it's a good thing!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rideaducati":2th2bzab said:
I think the problem with the offense "might" be Russell. He seems to be AFRAID to throw the damn ball unless a guy is WIDE OPEN and even when a guy is wide open, he doesn't see them a lot of times. It's getting frustrating.

I see a guy who's TRYING his best to be a better pocket passer going through his progressions etc.

IMO this is throwing off Russell's tempo and mojo. When Russell's "on it" as Pete likes to say, he's scrambing, running around, avoiding sacks and making big plays down field.

Now that teams are learning how to corral him, compounded by how bad our pass protection...........we're seeing a gun shy Russell just trying to not make mistakes.

byau

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2jwt4coj said:
rideaducati":2jwt4coj said:
I think the problem with the offense "might" be Russell. He seems to be AFRAID to throw the damn ball unless a guy is WIDE OPEN and even when a guy is wide open, he doesn't see them a lot of times. It's getting frustrating.

I see a guy who's TRYING his best to be a better pocket passer going through his progressions etc.

IMO this is throwing off Russell's tempo and mojo. When Russell's "on it" as Pete likes to say, he's scrambing, running around, avoiding sacks and making big plays down field.

Now that teams are learning how to corral him, compounded by how bad our pass protection...........we're seeing a gun shy Russell just trying to not make mistakes.

Good point, and this is what I saw Kaep doing last year too and it seemed to have thrown off his whole game.

It's good that Russell works on stuff, hope he still stays true to what his strengths are though.

canfan

Reaction score
kearly":35tgycq1 said:
Wilson: 101 passer rating.
Graham: 7 catches for 83 yards and a TD.
Rawls: 104 yards rushing. 6.5 YPC.

The bears lost by 26 points.

Don't go letting facts cloud your judgement like that! :sarcasm_on:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2pcxws5h said:
Enjoy the win, but...

...don't you DARE enjoy the win.

Enjoy the win....

If you only like fooling yourself.

Sports.

Serious business.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Our offense isn't designed for fast starts. We throw body blows and expect to dominate in the 2nd half. Rawls was the spark plug for our offense but even with 230 yards passing and 100 plus rushing our offense scored 16 points on the worst D in the nfl. The silver lining is that we were FINALLY able to run the football. As the run games develops, the offense goes. Russell had a good game yesterday from the pocket so I will east some crow. The Hawks will get a much stiffer test against the Lions D next week.