Eric Bieniemy

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Not sure he will have good player relationships. I've read somewhere that he likes to talk down to players. I think the last time it was Mahomes. Either way I don't see how JS would bring him here.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yeah, can JS just think of a way to entice him to come be our OC somehow? More money + more control of...something that other OCs never get? I still say that there's ZERO reason for us to not be a top 3 offense if our oline is healthy. That's WITH Geno.
For OC If be onboard but a HC, no, because as a previous poster said, excellent communication skills are required for a coach to succeed because of array of departments, including the media, that a coach has to interact with.

knownone

Reaction score
What's the fascination with Bieniemy? Washington has some talent on offense, and he didn't exactly make them better. They were pretty much the same with him as with Turner the prior season; only the running game got substantially worse.

cymatica

Reaction score
As I said, off topic and I do not want to get into a drawn out argument over it.

A comment on my part does not constitute as an invitation to a debate.

Move on.
How cowardly. I wasn't trying to debate, I asked for an example and you obviously have no proof to back up your absurd claim. If you don't want to invite debate on something off topic, then don't post it and claim it as fact.

Sorry but I don't move on when someone makes false statements regarding race issues, especially when they refuse to back it up even in the slightest

LastRideOut

Reaction score
How cowardly. I wasn't trying to debate, I asked for an example and you obviously have no proof to back up your absurd claim. If you don't want to invite debate on something off topic, then don't post it and claim it as fact.

Sorry but I don't move on when someone makes false statements regarding race issues, especially when they refuse to back it up even in the slightest

👍🏾

LastRideOut

Reaction score
What's the fascination with Bieniemy? Washington has some talent on offense, and he didn't exactly make them better. They were pretty much the same with him as with Turner the prior season; only the running game got substantially worse.

To the eye, Washington was quite a bit better on offense. It just didn't translate to wins. They had some pretty hard fought games by mid-season, before they traded away some of their players.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not EVERYTHING has to be a race issue. Black, white, orange, green, who cares? You either can coach, or you can't. He's clearly rubbed a lot of people the wrong way over the years. Esp. players.

bileever

Reaction score
Eric Bienemy is a decent OC but he's no genius. People have discovered that the Chiefs' success on offense is based on Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid. What killed Bienemy's hopes for a HC job was Matt Nagy's time with the Bears. Nagy was KC's OC in 2016 and 2017 but couldn't replicate the success in Chicago.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Bienemy's past brushes with the law are nearly 3 decades behind him, so it's questionable if that's been the hang up teams have had over hiring him as a head coach. There's also the possibility that there's some underlaying issues he's had with the players, coaches, etc, that he's just not a people person, or maybe he just plain doesn't interview well, doesn't say the right thing, farts during interviews.

But clearly, something is scaring teams off as he's well qualified and should have at least garnered some interest as there's been 8 openings this season, which ties a record.

James in PA

Reaction score
What would scare me off with Binemy is that he is pass-happy. And unless you have a guy like Mahomes, Brady, or Rogers, that's a bad way to run an offense.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Not EVERYTHING has to be a race issue. Black, white, orange, green, who cares? You either can coach, or you can't. He's clearly rubbed a lot of people the wrong way over the years. Esp. players.
this league would probably give you 5 number one picks if you hired a nonbinary asian woman HC.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
What would scare me off with Binemy is that he is pass-happy. And unless you have a guy like Mahomes, Brady, or Rogers, that's a bad way to run an offense.
Valid points. A pass happy offense is fine as long it is suited to the opponents weakness and isn't a weekly thing. Also, good play design factors into it too. I like a pass happy offense but not the pop-gun or air coryell type of offenses.

A WCO style offense or a variant of it, works as a pass happy offense if need be.

Scout

Reaction score
To the eye, Washington was quite a bit better on offense. It just didn't translate to wins. They had some pretty hard fought games by mid-season, before they traded away some of their players.
Washington defense just cratered this past season, and they had a lot of young talent stacked on defense. That is a big reason why Rivera is gone.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He USED TO be the hot candidate every year. Not even close now. He's a hell of an OC, maybe that's just his gig. And that's a good thing.