Eskridge

seabowl

Reaction score
So this guy is not a complete bust why not let him return kicks? He supposedly is very fast and by his college tape is very good in the open field. Plus although Dallas is a decent kick returner he is never going to bust one because he’s just not that fast. Thoughts?

Rat

Reaction score
I've been wondering this all year. Do we really need Lockett handling those duties? I can think of few injuries that would hurt the team more at this point.

BASF

Reaction score
The thing about Carroll as a coach is he is all about trust. He stated early in the year that Lockett was returning kicks because Carroll trusts him to do the right thing. I considered it at the time to be an indictment on the decision making of the other candidates that we have on the team.

I do hope that they are working on Eskridge as a returner but it is obvious that the coaches are using him sparingly. I can't remember who on this board posited that his concussion last season was a one of the worst kind and had lasting effects, but I believe they were right. I have had several concussions in my life and I can tell you that even the slightest hit to the head now in my forties can cause problems for a few days.

rcaido

Reaction score
Didn't Lockett fumble a return a couple games ago. Lockett is no longer the rocket when doing punt returns for like 5 years. I rather him doing amazing catches and dropping to avoid hits.

They should let DJ Dallas do it, was going to say Penny too(hope recover fast)

Reaction score
Yes I agree he should be returning kicks. What is he now your 4th or 5th wr. Get Him on the field!

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Wow I just put the thread out last week and now poof, he’s returning kicks.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Didn't Lockett fumble a return a couple games ago. Lockett is no longer the rocket when doing punt returns for like 5 years. I rather him doing amazing catches and dropping to avoid hits.

They should let DJ Dallas do it, was going to say Penny too(hope recover fast)

That was the play that the 49ers pushed one of the Hawks into Lockett, to cause a fumble during fair catch.