ESPN 30 for 30 10/28: Brian and the Boz

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":3l5424ec said:
I dont care who is running the ball. The RB WILL score when the LB is knocked into the middle of next week like he was on that play

Huh? LB's stand up RB's on the goal line all the time, our own Heath Farwell did it last year in St. Louis

http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/a ... cbd67a3e22

Boz was not coming off a block, he had a clear shot at Jackson, and got mowed over. End of story.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
How did a benign post devolve into bickering over semantics and definitions of "broken tackle"?

Good stuff.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":se6gjixw said:
seahawksny":se6gjixw said:
I dont care who is running the ball. The RB WILL score when the LB is knocked into the middle of next week like he was on that play

Huh? LB's stand up RB's on the goal line all the time, our own Heath Farwell did it last year in St. Louis

Boz was not coming off a block, he had a clear shot at Jackson, and got mowed over. End of story.

Im just saying that Allen knocked Butler into oblivion on the block. That didnt help the Defense.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":2jnob1xg said:
Sgt. Largent":2jnob1xg said:
seahawksny":2jnob1xg said:

Im just saying that Allen knocked Butler into oblivion on the block. That didnt help the Defense.

What does that have to do with Boz not making the play?

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":haf8iyuk said:
seahawksny":haf8iyuk said:
Sgt. Largent":haf8iyuk said:
seahawksny":haf8iyuk said:

What does that have to do with Boz not making the play?

Nothing..... you are reading too deeply into my post. It's one of those things that when u see something so many times , u notice something new each time.. And the other LB got nailed on the block.

I'm not debating if he missed a tackle. What I'm saying is that it's a team sport, and looking at this clip it wasn't just Bosworth that apparently got beat

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
pehawk":3v5gja02 said:
How did a benign post devolve into bickering over semantics and definitions of "broken tackle"?

Good stuff.

Happens every time. Amazing how people see things differently.

For me, was a fan of The Boz at the time, and still am. Had the book, the poster. Had many arguments defending him and that stupid play. Can't wait to watch the show.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":125q1z8f said:
pehawk":125q1z8f said:

Good stuff.

For me, was a fan of The Boz at the time, and still am. Had the book, the poster. Had many arguments defending him and that stupid play. Can't wait to watch the show.

How would you feel about him raising the flag? I think I'd lose my isht like a 10yo girl at a Roman Polanski premier (um, maybe bad example), I'd LOVE it.

Now that the Seahawks have won a Lombardi, I think it's okay to embrace some of the failures. We're still very insecure as a fanbase, but, I think we've improved enough to laugh at ourselves, a bit.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2terb14u said:
seahawksny":2terb14u said:

And fine I'll get dragged into it. He didn't get 'mowed' over, or run over, or bull dozed, or trucked, like people have said over the years.

Did he drive him backwards, and save the TD? Nope.

He did give him a pop, stand him up a bit, and re-direct him, but Bo's momentum and leg drive carried him into the endzone at an angle.

And I think that's the point, to be 'mowed' over would imply he got run over, he did not. Bo went into the endzone at an angle after contact. Which means he went around him. Right?

Boz didn't make the play, everyone agree's on that point. But let's stop with the mowed over, run over, or bull dozed, or trucked comments.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
pehawk":2xrdjwke said:
twisted_steel2":2xrdjwke said:
pehawk":2xrdjwke said:

Good stuff.

How would you feel about him raising the flag? I think I'd lose my isht like a 10yo girl at a Roman Polanski premier (um, maybe bad example), I'd LOVE it.

Now that the Seahawks have won a Lombardi, I think it's okay to embrace some of the failures. We're still very insecure as a fanbase, but, I think we've improved enough to laugh at ourselves, a bit.

I'd go bonkers. I think it needs to happen. Would love it!

Ozzy

Reaction score
Can we talk about his movie career? I think its a very underrated element to the Boz.

Always been a huge fan of Boz and looking forward to watching this, thanks for the heads up on it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":25pxrm26 said:
Boz didn't make the play, everyone agree's on that point. But let's stop with the mowed over, run over, or bull dozed, or trucked comments.

I guess "Mowed" is in the eye of the beholder..........and Boz is like Sherman in that he talked a lot of smack, so when he didn't make a play, people are going to pile on with these sort of terms in order to get their dig in deeper.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
pehawk":2bx59qtp said:
hawksfansinceday1":2bx59qtp said:
If Bo would've devoted himself only to football (he liked baseball better) and stayed healthy (a BIG "if"), to my eyes he would be considered the greatest RB of all-time. That's saying something because I saw Jimmy Brown play. He had the power of Brown and even more speed. And Brown was anything but slow.

As for that play, Bo broke the tackle and it certainly wasn't the only one he broke that year.

No doubt. Bo was my Jim Brown, a RB that made his opposition look like 9yo's.

Bo was just phenomenal, and that's not just an Auburn alum talking (when Bo was at Auburn, I lived in Texas and didn't care one bit about some university in Alabama).

That play has gotten blown up into legendary status when all it was was just good football. Bo got his pads lower than Boz did and won the leverage game. Can't tackle a runner like Bo up high at the chest/shoulders. Just can't.

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dlx85ig8 said:
twisted_steel2":dlx85ig8 said:

I guess "Mowed" is in the eye of the beholder..........and Boz is like Sherman in that he talked a lot of smack, so when he didn't make a play, people are going to pile on with these sort of terms in order to get their dig in deeper.

bowled over
mowed over
got owned
got trounced
got tagged
got popped
got bamboozled

whatever language you put it in- Bo won, Boz lost and it wasnt pretty

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He was a marketing genius. He even sold Boz Hater T-shirts in Denver!

Reaction score
If you don't think the Boz was a great linebacker,Google his highlights in college there is one on YouTube, some of the sickest plays you will ever see! The dude gets into the backfield quicker then any college defender I have ever watched.

irocdave

Reaction score
I was living in Sacramento at the time Boz got picked up by my favorite team in the supplemental draft. I had read the sports illustrated article about him and thought he was an asshole when I was 16?. Some of the stuff he claimed to have done was pathetic and I was shocked that he laid claim to being responsible for these actions. I didn't like him at all, the SI article was in 86? TV coverage of the Hawks was sparse in the late 80's so I didn't get to see him play much, but ESPN made a point of covering him throughout his brief career. I moved back to Seattle in late 90 and went to several Hawk games that year. Still remember seeing lots of Boz T-shirts at the games. He had to have sold half as many shirts as Bo did in the PNW.

Selling "Ban the Boz" shirts to Donkie fans and reaping the profits (remember something about donating to charity also??) was a troll move most can find totally funny.

Cut and paste from Wiki..

"Bosworth signed with a Seattle team that had failed to reach the playoffs for two seasons (a 10-6 finish in 1986 was only good enough for 3rd in the old AFC West as they lost out to the Kansas City Chiefs in head to head match-up). He appeared in 12 games in his rookie season, playing well for the most part, but became known more for his outspoken personality and appearance than his actual play on the field. Before the first game of the season, versus the Denver Broncos, Bosworth trash talked Denver quarterback John Elway. 10,000 Denver fans wore $15 T-shirts reading "BAN THE BOZ", but did not know that Bosworth's company manufactured the shirts.[5]

Boz was not a colossal bust, he was productive but his body was shot before he came out of college. To many roids.