ESPN 30 for 30 10/28: Brian and the Boz

RiverDog

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3643ol5h said:
That play against Bo is one of the most overblown moments in sports history.

Truth. Jackson didn't carry Boz into the end zone as so many people thought he did. Had the play been on the 50 yard line instead of the goal line, it would have been a normal, uninteresting play not worthy of a raised eyebrow. But since Jackson scored, the Hawks lost, and Boz went on to be one of the biggest busts in league history, it became the icon for Brian Bosworth's pro football career.

Seahawker86

Reaction score
does anybody know where I can watch old seasons of the Seahawks this all happened way too early before my time Young Buck status

bmorepunk

Reaction score
kthebestwayw":znvtn5j5 said:
does anybody know where I can watch old seasons of the Seahawks this all happened way too early before my time Young Buck status

If you watch a hamster running on a wheel for a couple of decades you'll get the idea.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
bmorepunk":uphsbic6 said:
kthebestwayw":uphsbic6 said:

If you watch a hamster running on a wheel for a couple of decades you'll get the idea.
You definitely would be on an Easter egg hunt for the good seasons. [emoji41] 79 is good year for Zorn. 84 for Kreig.

themunn

Reaction score
It's amazing that fans of a team that have watched Marshawn Lynch actually mow over defensive players for nearly half a decade now still get a bit confused about whether or not Boz got mowed over.

Compare what happened to Boz with this:

Beastmode2 original

Seahawks3

That is what getting run over looks like

drcool

Reaction score
Really enjoyed watching this. Seems like as he looks back on his life he realizes he was a tool for a lot of it. It would have been awesome to see what he could do if he just focused on the football side of things and not the shameless self promotion. But then again, without that there would never be a 30 for 30 special on him. Very interesting story.

chris98251

Reaction score
drcool":u0mhxjqx said:
Really enjoyed watching this. Seems like as he looks back on his life he realizes he was a tool for a lot of it. It would have been awesome to see what he could do if he just focused on the football side of things and not the shameless self promotion. But then again, without that there would never be a 30 for 30 special on him. Very interesting story.

The self promotion was his personality, he had plenty of football in him, just the Roids and his shoulders being basically destroyed ended his career.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Very interesting 30 for 30. Boz was a great college LB. I remember being completely psyched when the Seahawks got him in the supplemental draft. I find it interesting that some think he was a great LB for Seattle. His pro career lasted 24 games. By his own account he was a bust in the NFL. He had a few flashy plays that made you think he could be great for the Seahawks, but the reality of it is that he never even came close to the level of play that he had at Oklahoma. Without the persona of the Boz, Brian Bosworth would be remembered by Seahawk fans along the lines of an Isaiah kacyvenski and bobby spitulski.

Rocket

Reaction score
Boz was great. Fragile, but great.
Haters gotta hate.
Boz hit Bo from an angle, not square like Beast above. Apples and cumquats.

RiverDog

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":gxj05eqe said:
Very interesting 30 for 30. Boz was a great college LB. I remember being completely psyched when the Seahawks got him in the supplemental draft. I find it interesting that some think he was a great LB for Seattle. His pro career lasted 24 games. By his own account he was a bust in the NFL. He had a few flashy plays that made you think he could be great for the Seahawks, but the reality of it is that he never even came close to the level of play that he had at Oklahoma. Without the persona of the Boz, Brian Bosworth would be remembered by Seahawk fans along the lines of an Isaiah kacyvenski and bobby spitulski.

Those guys were backups and never started except as injury replacements. Boz was a solid starter for a couple of years, so I'd group him with guys like Dave Wyman and Bruce Schultz. But your point is valid. Wyman and Schultz aren't anymore memorable than Kacyvenski and Spituluski except to some of us old farts.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Of course, what they don't show you on the replays is that Box was lined up facing the right tackle on a blitz, and Bo ran to the left shoulder of the left tackle.

Boz was still able to get to the other side of the line and get his hands on Bo at the LOS.

That play for me separates new fans from old geezer fans. You can tell who saw it live and who's only seen it on film.

I met Boz in Malibu about 8 years ago and told him he was one of the greatest hawks of the 80s and thanked him for the memories. He looked at me like I was crazy, so I told how much I loved watching him hit Elway late and chase him around and also my description of the Bo play from having seen it live at the Kingdome.

That's when he said his call on the play was an outside blitz but he knew they'd be running left so he dropped back and attacked the left side.

I make a point of ridiculing people who say he was run over. nothing weaker than passing judgement on something you never saw

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
RiverDog":35uuytru said:
oldhawkfan":35uuytru said:

Those guys were backups and never started except as injury replacements. Boz was a solid starter for a couple of years, so I'd group him with guys like Dave Wyman and Bruce Schultz. But your point is valid. Wyman and Schultz aren't anymore memorable than Kacyvenski and Spituluski except to some of us old farts.

That's probably a better grouping. Wyman was drafted the same year as Boz albeit in the regular draft along with Tony Woods. Of the 3, Wyman was the best yet was the lowest draft pick of the three and had the least hype.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
I watched the program and loved it. Seemed to me that he's owning up to the unsavory things that happened. That's why I was somewhat surprised to hear his Sooner teammate Tony Casillas rip him on his radio show, stating that the whole thing was a sham and that the supposed character rehabilitation is all a farce.

Meat

Reaction score
Can someone tell me when it airs again? Thanks. :D

Subzero717

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":3oqdo8f2 said:
I watched the program and loved it. Seemed to me that he's owning up to the unsavory things that happened. That's why I was somewhat surprised to hear his Sooner teammate Tony Casillas rip him on his radio show, stating that the whole thing was a sham and that the supposed character rehabilitation is all a farce.
I watched it and thought the same thing as Casillas. Just my opinion. It all seemed cheesy and self serving. On the other hand I dug Boz and thought he got a bum rap as a football player when injury not lack of talent kept him off the field.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
themunn":3i0dp075 said:
It's amazing that fans of a team that have watched Marshawn Lynch actually mow over defensive players for nearly half a decade now still get a bit confused about whether or not Boz got mowed over.

Compare what happened to Boz with this:

Beastmode2 original

Seahawks3

That is what getting run over looks like
:lol: "End Of Story"

scutterhawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2mk6c6gl said:
http://deadspin.com/john-clayton-sent-a-gift-to-the-player-who-ended-brian-1653160937

Classy John.
Clayton is a p-R*ck.....Always has been.....Always will be.