ESPN: Russ likely to miss at least a month

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1446599063592263682[/tweet]

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Gues we will get a peak at what it looks like without Russ. I'm hopeful that they will be able to implement a good game plan that the Steelers won't be prepared for game 1. Its the games afterward once teams get an idea what we want to do and how to make him uncomfortable that will be a real test.

James in PA

Reaction score
Welp, there goes another year in which Russ won’t win MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mizak

Reaction score
I think Russ should come back vs WFT on 11/29. Look at Seahawks next 5 games,

Stealers
Saints
Jaguars
BYE
Packers
Cardinals

He could come back vs Packers after the BYE but Seahawks play at Green Bay so if I were Pete, I wouldn’t take that chance. I also wouldn’t take the chance for him to come back against Arizona.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Yea, that sucks. But if we were going to lose him, this season would be the one I'd pick. Our season is pretty much toast with or without him.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Time for Geno to be our Jimmy G, Bridgewater, Matt Flynn. And plays so well there’s a conversation around it.

I never felt like Geno got a fair shot in New York. Definitely a chance for him to revive his career after seeing how Russ prepares everyday.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Nice that (for the first time in ages) the 'Hawks have a third QB on the roster in Jake Luton.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
This situation will certainly try the patience of some dans. I am always optimistic and hopeful of winning but outside of the JAX game I don’t think they win any game without him. That defense will have to improve ten fold.

nutluck

Reaction score
Just seen this

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1446615115579670531[/tweet]

kidhawk

Reaction score
nanomoz":t05bg5pw said:
Nice that (for the first time in ages) the 'Hawks have a third QB on the roster in Jake Luton.

Sarcasm?

Pretty sure he was cut 2 weeks ago. I assume he'd be available to resign though if they are so inclined. They definitely need someone quickly so we have a prepare backup in case something happens to Geno next week.

RW92

Reaction score
My son who is in med school and is pursuing a career a orthopedics quickly diagnosed the problem watching the game
last night as boutnniere deformity and would need surgery. Hopefully Russ will heal well and the Hawks will still be in the hunt when he returns.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":8eg753c2 said:
nanomoz":8eg753c2 said:

Sarcasm?

Pretty sure he was cut 2 weeks ago. I assume he'd be available to resign though if they are so inclined. They definitely need someone quickly so we have a prepare backup in case something happens to Geno next week.
Lifetime Seahawks fan, local kid, making NFL minimum salary wouldn’t be too hard to convince him to sign if they wanted him.

pmedic920

Reaction score
RW92":3g9zvtb8 said:
My son who is in med school and is pursuing a career a orthopedics quickly diagnosed the problem watching the game
last night as boutnniere deformity and would need surgery. Hopefully Russ will heal well and the Hawks will still be in the hunt when he returns.
I didn’t say anything but I knew also (95%) that this would require surgery.

I’ve seen that injury multiple times in my career, and knew that them having him keep that pink/yellow spongy ball in his hand was an attempt to protect ligaments/keep things in place.

Not surprised one bit to hear the updates, saddened absolutely.

There is a very similar injury called “swan neck” both when severe and caused by injury (not chronic like arthritis) require surgery for one to get back to original condition, or close to it.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Too bad Wilson wasn’t fine and PC was expected to miss at least a month.

Stud

Reaction score
Scorpion05":acy7ee4s said:
Time for Geno to be our Jimmy G, Bridgewater, Matt Flynn. And plays so well there’s a conversation around it.

I never felt like Geno got a fair shot in New York. Definitely a chance for him to revive his career after seeing how Russ prepares everyday.

LOL. Glad you finally get to see how good Russ is watching Geno be a mediocre QB. Enjoy what other teams in the last 10 years have had to endure (backup QB's being forced to start). You've been spoiled far too long.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2xgc2264 said:

Next man up!

It sucks for Russell and us Hawks fans in general, but it's an opportunity of a lifetime for Geno. I'll be rooting my ass off for him.

AKNFidel

Reaction score
This season has been hard to watch this far... Having Wilson out will make the suckage a little more palatable. Would like to see Smith show me I was wrong about his abilities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nanomoz

Reaction score
kidhawk":lyt1re7j said:
nanomoz":lyt1re7j said:

Sarcasm?

No. Not sarcasm. He's on the practice squad according to .com. I'm honestly glad they've had someone else in the system for a few weeks. And someone that seems to have a bit of upside.

https://www.seahawks.com/team/players-roster/

IndyHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":3gg7ayir said:
Welp, there goes another year in which Russ won’t win MVP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Taps playing"