ESPN Seahawks Preview

HawkGA

Reaction score
I was thinking about the Super Bowl earlier today, primarily as it relates to the AFC but this applies to the NFC too. In the AFC, I just don't see anybody beating the Patriots. Last year, I thought the Stealers could do it and if memory serves they kind of got spanked. So I would put the Patriots odds of making the Super Bowl at something north of 50% . . . possibly in the 70% neighborhood.

Okay, that wasn't Seahawks related, but it gets me to this. I suspect there might well be something similar in the NFC. I do think the competition is a little steeper. I think the Falcons could be good (if they don't implode after last season's end). The Packers and Cowboys will probably be okay but I think both take a step back after last season. That leaves pretty much a 4 team race (and I would be *shocked* if it wasn't one of those four teams). Split that evenly and that's 25% each for making the Super Bowl but I like Seattle's chances a bit better than any of those team. I'd say the Seahawks are somewhere in the 40% range. Maybe 30-35%.

getnasty

Reaction score
10 percent chance to go to the Superbowl seems wary to low.

HawkerD

Reaction score
10% is a joke. If it was random it would be 6.25%. Someone needs a remedial math class.

The probability of all 16 NFC teams has to add up to 100. Bears, miners, rams, skins combined are probably 1%

Erebus

Reaction score
HawkerD":3o0xg80k said:
10% is a joke. If it was random it would be 6.25%. Someone needs a remedial math class.

The probability of all 16 NFC teams has to add up to 100. Bears, miners, rams, skins combined are probably 1%

I'm not going to speculate on whether or not it was intentional, but the OP misrepresented what was said in the article. They gave us a 10.7% chance to WIN the Super Bowl, not simply appear.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
I don't think we'll have a top 5 offense, but I think what we have will be enough.

Rat

Reaction score
There are 32 teams in the league. 10% chance to win it all is pretty damn good.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rat":3qynerdx said:

It's only a 10% chance to make it, not to win it. So really only a pool of 16 teams to compete with for that. Random would be a 6% chance to giving a 10% chance isn't much better than that.

Rat

Reaction score
HawkGA":16gggdre said:
Rat":16gggdre said:

It's only a 10% chance to make it, not to win it. So really only a pool of 16 teams to compete with for that. Random would be a 6% chance to giving a 10% chance isn't much better than that.

Did you read the preview story? It's 10% to win it.

They have us as the third best team in their rankings. Hard to argue much with that.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rat":3x6xnyuw said:
HawkGA":3x6xnyuw said:
Rat":3x6xnyuw said:

Did you read the preview story? It's 10% to win it.

They have us as the third best team in their rankings. Hard to argue much with that.

I blame Sdog for typing it incorrectly in the OP.