ET III ( in his own words)

3Girls'HawkDad

Reaction score
Adding Thomas to another team will not separate them from good to great and his contract wishes will do the opposite. I would trade him for a 3rd and a Jimmy Garrapolo penecilin shot

toffee

Reaction score
Seymour":pwj4vghs said:
^^^^^^^ Yep....and not only that.....they will never make back the 5+ million in lost wages. That is 1/2 a year of your career you just lost making the useless point that everyone already understands before you attempted to "make it".

This,

My point has been that Eerl screwed himself over and over and over and still insist on doing more screwing as he sits at home getting angrier.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ek8t6bh said:
12thbrah":1ek8t6bh said:
His beef really should be with the CBA and NFLPA who put the players and teams in these situations. No wonder teams can't hang onto their stars anymore.

Earl wasn't beefing when he signed his 40M contract in 2015 with 25M guaranteed, 10M bonus and would see every penny of the 40M if he showed up to camp and played the entire season.

But HE'S chosen to go the holdout route demanding a new contract..............when all he has to do is come in, ball out and show the rest of the league that he's healthy and productive.

THAT'S how he can squeeze another extension out of the league. It's sure as hell not by holding out, not playing and keeping all the injury prone and age/production questions in eternal limbo.

I see it the same way.

I've lost respect for him.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
This whole segment was pretty good, but I especially like what Doug Gottlieb says at 5:22.

[youtube]lPZDgyudrTQ[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3ebg4553 said:
This whole segment was pretty good, but I especially like what Doug Gottlieb says at 5:22.

[youtube]lPZDgyudrTQ[/youtube]

Note to Earl, our HOF all star FS at his prime:

You must stand by your value, your pride, and your words. You mustn't succumb to temptations and cross the pickett line. You must holdout til the end, which is at least till the end of this season, and if the SeaHawks, aka big meanie, dare to franchise ya, got to hold out on that tool. You said it yourself:

"As long as God is with me, I will never fold ."

Earl, you are a man of your words, a supernatural man of principle , God will be with you till the end, toffee and other homers are with you if you stick to your words.

hawks85

Reaction score
I wonder how this earl situation is going to play out. Someone asked me today what i think about about it. I'm going to be honest Earl is done here. I honestly think earl doesnt play all year I think he holds out. After the season earl has burned all his bridges here and wont get any big money. He handled this entire situation wrong imo. His 2015 extension was almost all up front money, it was a front loaded contract now hes holding out for more money. The way he has handled this makes him look like a greedy ass athlete. If another team wanted to trade for him it would have happened already.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Disingenuous
I’m not a Gotlieb fan but he is 100% correct about Earl Thomas. His kids aren’t in danger of starvation and he hasn’t been disrespected in the slightest by the Hawks. He was paid a front loaded contract structured as he and his agent requested at a league high for his position and that contract is still in force and being honored by the team. It is Earl Thomas who has been disrespectful to the Seahawks in his dealings. Even so I still hope that the team reaches a fair extension to his existing contract so that he can finish out his career in Seattle instead of the fans having to watch an all time great finish out his days in Buffalo or Cleveland.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Aros":2j2v6tft said:
Yep. ET needs to get his ass into camp and show the world he still has it. Then after this season let the chips fall how they may.

I don’t think he ever plays another down as a Seahawks player. His position is foolish, selfish, stupid, and his press releases are a comical tour de force. He has placed himself ahead of his team and doesn’t deserve to be renewed here. Pete won’t have him back and the team won’t give into him. He’s gonzo.

I’d give a good bit of his money to K J Wright who showed up and is his usual dependable self.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
brimsalabim":36er1ng2 said:
Disingenuous
I’m not a Gotlieb fan but he is 100% correct about Earl Thomas. His kids aren’t in danger of starvation and he hasn’t been disrespected in the slightest by the Hawks. He was paid a front loaded contract structured as he and his agent requested at a league high for his position and that contract is still in force and being honored by the team. It is Earl Thomas who has been disrespectful to the Seahawks in his dealings. Even so I still hope that the team reaches a fair extension to his existing contract so that he can finish out his career in Seattle instead of the fans having to watch an all time great finish out his days in Buffalo or Cleveland.

Oh I'd love to see end up playing for those two teams because that means we got some good picks
for him and he deserves to play for whoever but the Cowboys..

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Vesuve":2efpp0w3 said:
Sgt. Largent":2efpp0w3 said:
12thbrah":2efpp0w3 said:
His beef really should be with the CBA and NFLPA who put the players and teams in these situations. No wonder teams can't hang onto their stars anymore.

Earl wasn't beefing when he signed his 40M contract in 2015 with 25M guaranteed, 10M bonus and would see every penny of the 40M if he showed up to camp and played the entire season.

But HE'S chosen to go the holdout route demanding a new contract..............when all he has to do is come in, ball out and show the rest of the league that he's healthy and productive.

THAT'S how he can squeeze another extension out of the league. It's sure as hell not by holding out, not playing and keeping all the injury prone and age/production questions in eternal limbo.

I see it the same way.

I've lost respect for him.

I haven't lost respect for Earl, I love Earl. If every player prepared and played as hard as Earl Thomas, we'd never lose.

I just think he's an emotional irrational immature person, and that gets in the way of him seeing things clearly..............and IMO he's not going to get what he wants by holding out.

We're not going to budge, and no one else is going to back up the Brinks truck for him when he's not playing and showing everyone he's still a great player and can stay healthy.

toffee

Reaction score
I will only lost respect for Earl if he folds which he won't as long as God's with him. As a loyal foot soldier of Earl'sl army, we are always with Earl, but he mustn't fold, that's how he keeps his army.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee":1rkexvpl said:
I will only lost respect for Earl if he folds which he won't as long as God's with him. As a loyal foot soldier of Earl army, we are always with Earl, but he mustn't fold, that's how he keeps his army.

As long as Earl's being genuine about this, and not using his moral convictions as an excuse for being greedy like every other player gets when they're crying for a new contract?

Then good for him. I disagree entirely, but if those are his convictions, then I commend any person for standing by their convictions.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3343h4o3 said:
toffee":3343h4o3 said:
I will only lost respect for Earl if he folds which he won't as long as God's with him. As a loyal foot soldier of Earl army, we are always with Earl, but he mustn't fold, that's how he keeps his army.

As long as Earl's being genuine about this, and not using his moral convictions as an excuse for being greedy like every other player gets when they're crying for a new contract?

Then good for him. I disagree entirely, but if those are his convictions, then I commend any person for standing by their convictions.

Earl is supernatural, and often moved in mysterious ways, I have quitted trying to understand him. As a soldier of Earl's army, we are with Earl as long as he doesn't fold. If he folds, he will lost his army, and as Earl said, God will no longer be with him.

Stand firm Earl, never fold.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
toffee":39svljfg said:
Sgt. Largent":39svljfg said:
toffee":39svljfg said:

Earl is supernatural, and often moved in mysterious ways, I have quitted trying to understand him. As a soldier of Earl's army.....

A soldier of what? Not trying to be antagonizing here, but this is a bit right?
I also got curious about what going

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":ey24gfnh said:
toffee":ey24gfnh said:
Sgt. Largent":ey24gfnh said:
toffee":ey24gfnh said:

Earl is supernatural, and often moved in mysterious ways, I have quitted trying to understand him. As a soldier of Earl's army.....

A soldier of what? Not trying to be antagonizing here, but this is a bit right?
I also got curious about what going

Yeah, my heebie jeebie cult spidey sense is tingling.

JeI6hJ4

adeltaY

Reaction score
I think he's making fun of ET fans but I could be wrong. Pretty condescending if that's the case but whatever.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
toffee":bp9f8p2g said:
Sgt. Largent":bp9f8p2g said:
toffee":bp9f8p2g said:

Earl is supernatural, and often moved in mysterious ways, I have quitted trying to understand him. As a soldier of Earl's army, we are with Earl as long as he doesn't fold. If he folds, he will lost his army, and as Earl said, God will no longer be with him.

Stand firm Earl, never fold.

Ya ok bro not sure of your serious with this stuff or not but it's entertaining I guess.

Fade

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2gn52ken said:
Aros":2gn52ken said:
Yep. ET needs to get his ass into camp and show the world he still has it. Then after this season let the chips fall how they may.

I don’t think he ever plays another down as a Seahawks player. His position is foolish, selfish, stupid, and his press releases are a comical tour de force. He has placed himself ahead of his team and doesn’t deserve to be renewed here. Pete won’t have him back and the team won’t give into him. He’s gonzo.

I’d give a good bit of his money to K J Wright who showed up and is his usual dependable self.

So what kind of draft pick are they going to get for him?

He has to report eventually to accrue a season otherwise the Seahawks still own him next year.

Bryce84

Reaction score
I've seen this perspective posted on Seahawksdraftblog before, but what Earl fails to see is that trades don't magically happen because you want them to, and Seattle is not going to give away an All Pro safety for peanuts. The fact that no team has offered a fair trade for a player of his caliber and stature should be even more disrespectful to him than not getting an extension from Seattle. Yet he's pointing the finger directly at the Seahawks.

I respect that he's looking out for himself and wants security, but he's seemingly completely blind to this aspect of what's really going on.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
.....and the Seahawks have a mirror pointing directly back at ET. Maybe he should phone home.