Expert Picks: Cowboys @ Seahawks

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
TCHawkfan":30310arh said:
"Skinny Mike" is notoriously horrible at picking winners!!! A dartboard with a monkey throwing the dart would do better.

BTW, has anyone seen the segment they have on one of the networks (can't think of which one) where they have some ugly little dog with 2 dishes of food with teams logos and whichever one the dog eats is predicted to win the game? REALLY???

I understand your confusion, but that's not a dog. That's Pete Prisco.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Cartire":1mk34wc6 said:
A smart better would definelty take the points. 8 is a big number. But being at the clink, its also not a surprise that it has to be that high to get even action.

Definitely? I'm not sure why that's so definite. Seahawks winning this game by 10+ seems likelier to me than a close game. We won 5 of 8 home games by double digits in 2013, same thing in 2012, and in this year's opener beat a Green Bay team that I'm pretty convinced is better than this Dallas team by 20...I mean any team can play you tough on the right day, but I don't see much reason to believe that Dallas +8 is a +EV bet.

Cartire

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":376g5vu4 said:
Cartire":376g5vu4 said:
A smart better would definelty take the points. 8 is a big number. But being at the clink, its also not a surprise that it has to be that high to get even action.

Definitely? I'm not sure why that's so definite. Seahawks winning this game by 10+ seems likelier to me than a close game. We won 5 of 8 home games by double digits in 2013, same thing in 2012, and in this year's opener beat a Green Bay team that I'm pretty convinced is better than this Dallas team by 20...I mean any team can play you tough on the right day, but I don't see much reason to believe that Dallas +8 is a +EV bet.

Because its at the clink, Im not shocked at the line.

If you dont look at the teams themselves and just look at the history of games with >+7.5 spreads, they usually cover.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I googled around a bit but couldn't find any historical statistical data on favorites vs. dogs with bigger spreads. I'm skeptical, but admittedly I don't know what the underlying stats are.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
:stirthepot: :thirishdrinkers: :stirthepot:

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 1,043

12thManHawkFan

Reaction score
NFL Network just did their breakdown on the Hawks vs Cowboys game.

I thought it was hilarious, I was actually getting irritated the way the whole segment was slanted towards what the Cowboys need to do to win. I feel like that is how most of the media generally covers the Hawks games these day. If it were the Patriots for instance it would be about how the Patriots are gods and how they are going to dominate.

Anyways, the guys are talking about all of these things the Cowboys need to do to win, and getting all pumped up about it. Then the picks, and straight across the board SEAHAWKS all the way. Got a pretty good laugh over it.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If they are talking about what Dallas needs to do to win then obviously they consider them the underdog.