Facebook idiot

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I posted on Facebook about the Seahawk stories that ESPN was missing (Derrick Coleman, Earl Thomas III, etc.). This was a response from one of my "acquaintances" on Facebook (the word friend is so overrated there) who friended me months ago because he is friends with my brother (bunch of crap none of you care about, I know).

Irony here ... he's a die-hard Cowboys fan.

I wanted to like the dirty birds. I really did. Rooting for the Broncos is almost impossible. Then Richard Sherman opened his foul mouth. I know I know I keep hearing all this garbage from ESPN mind you Matthew, about how smart and well spoken he is, Stanford Grad Yada Yada...but he blew it. We all got a peak into his soul and it's all about Richard Sherman, about him not getting respect. Then afterwards he sees what an idiot he made of himself on National television and the damage control is on. Poor Erin Andrews was traumatized, as she should have been. He had a golden opportunity to gain a multitude of fans but he had to do the hood thing and show his true colors. I'm rooting for Peyton to win a second ring because he's twice the QB Eli is so there is no way little brother should have more rings. I like Wilson and think he's a great kid, but I think him and Kaepernick are way overrated. Neither will ever be an elite thrower. They are just pieces parts on a good team. In 5 years I doubt either will be in the NFL. They're like RG III and 13... One knee surgery away from the NFL scrap heap. Jeez Matt I listen to ESPN sports radio at least 2 hours a day. They've been apologizing for Sherman every since it happened. If you think the Donkies are getting better treatment..whatever. They probably deserve it. You're a Jayhawk Matthew...my God I bet you're eating alfalfa sprouts and driving an electric car.

Oh, and his ignorance on display here. I went to K-State. I'm a Wildcat, not a Jayhawk. We hate the Jayhawks as much as the Huskies hate the Cougars and vice-versa.

Raptor22

Reaction score
To critique one part of what he said: didn't Erin Andrews later come out and say she had no problem with how Sherman acted?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Raptor22":1pwh220s said:
To critique one part of what he said: didn't Erin Andrews later come out and say she had no problem with how Sherman acted?

Actually I believe she said she loved it and told him NOT to apologize for it

Axx

Reaction score
He's just mad because the Seahawks under pete carroll will be the new "AMERICA'S TEAM"

kidhawk

Reaction score
Also I just have to add that the phrase DIRTY BIRDS is NOT associated with the Seahawks. That's a Falcon thing and quite frankly they can keep it

Crabhawk

Reaction score
90% of the Cowboy fans I know act this same way. It's a weird sense of entitlement and perceived better knowledge of the game because they root for a team that used to be relevant. I'm actually more annoyed by them than I am 9er fans.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
A Cowboy fan complaining about brash playesr on another team? That's rich.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
The better question here is why is your brother friends with such a moron?

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
These are all things I was going to say to this guy, but then I just let my other friends, some of them Bronco fans but a bit more rational and thoughtful, eviscerate him. Just thought you'd enjoy.

And yes, he is white. He and I are both in recovery for addiction, and we both have long-term sobriety. I'm coming up on 20 years. One thing I did say to him is ...

Regarding your attack of Sherman, would you want your entire life, your entire being, to be defined by how you acted in your worst moment?

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":1aa4pa1j said:
The better question here is why is your brother friends with such a moron?

They went to high school together. My brother, by the way, lives in Denver and is rooting for the Broncos, but even he isn't this anti-Seahawk. He just wants a good game, and like any true local, wants his team to win. No hate.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":i0d0iqmz said:
These are all things I was going to say to this guy, but then I just let my other friends, some of them Bronco fans but a bit more rational and thoughtful, eviscerate him. Just thought you'd enjoy.

And yes, he is white. He and I are both in recovery for addiction, and we both have long-term sobriety. I'm coming up on 20 years. One thing I did say to him is ...

Regarding your attack of Sherman, would you want your entire life, your entire being, to be defined by how you acted in your worst moment?

And that worst moment, really as he put it "a peak into his soul'' but rather a peak into the emotions of a highly competitive elite athlete in 'game mode'. Most of those guys, probably sound like that in their heads during a game, or are trash talking like that to each other while on the field.

Sherman was caught in a moment where he hadn't 'flipped the switch' from game mind to after the game mind.

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3e773ifa said:
StorytellerMatt":3e773ifa said:

And that worst moment, really as he put it "a peak into his soul'' but rather a peak into the emotions of a highly competitive elite athlete in 'game mode'. Most of those guys, probably sound like that in their heads during a game, or are trash talking like that to each other while on the field.

Sherman was caught in a moment where he hadn't 'flipped the switch' from game mind to after the game mind.

Yes, I should have put "worst moment" in quotes because in my mind, it wasn't all that terrible, just the emotions of a warrior.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":1oq5yhpl said:
twisted_steel2":1oq5yhpl said:
StorytellerMatt":1oq5yhpl said:

Yes, I should have put "worst moment" in quotes because in my mind, it wasn't all that terrible, just the emotions of a warrior.

Totally man, I get ya. I never find it that bad either. Actually I found it refreshing, and pretty entertaining once in context.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":2cl9acof said:
Lemme guess... a white guy?

First question: And you are?? Second question: Who gives a rip? Last time I checked, heroes, fools and cowards come in all colors, shapes and sizes. Spare us your pandering PC bulls**t.

OP
OP
StorytellerMatt

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":1xwg3dz6 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":1xwg3dz6 said:
Lemme guess... a white guy?

First question: And you are?? Second question: Who gives a rip? Last time I checked, heroes, fools and cowards come in all colors, shapes and sizes. Spare us your pandering PC bulls**t.

I think the idea is that Denver seems to represent - at least in the mind of the media and low-info fans like my FB "friend" - more of a white middle class flyover state mentality, while Seahawks are more coastal/urban. Fans on the outside of a community embrace teams that have the same personality that they, the fans, want to project on themselves. The stereotype is that the men who want to see themselves as Peyton, the all American boy, are predominantly white. Plus, they have a myopic view of Sherman based on his 15 seconds with Erin Andrews as a "thug."

I don't think it's a stretch to think that most white fans outside of the PCW prefer the Peyton way. Guys like Sherman, with his terrifying dreds, make them walk on the other side of the street.