Fake crowd noise in Atlanta

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Zombie Hawk":km0sqhhf said:
The Colts used to do it when Manning was there too.

I have to admit it still concerns me. They were doing it for years and it took that long to get caught. Whos to say they don't ramp it up in an important playoff game. Also just my opinion, but pumping fake crowd noise to make a stadium louder when on defense seems like an egregious violation considering the advantage it provides. It's worse than anything the Patriots have done which is saying a lot.
I think it's a violation of the rules, but egregious? Worse than the pats? I mean, really when you are looking at the intended results, how is it any different than designing a stadium to amplify the crowd noise? I think it was a cheap way to gain the same advantage other home teams had.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
SyCOLA":3js5xl9w said:
I think it's a violation of the rules, but egregious? Worse than the pats? I mean, really when you are looking at the intended results, how is it any different than designing a stadium to amplify the crowd noise? I think it was a cheap way to gain the same advantage other home teams had.

Exactly... I've been to the Clink plenty of times.

Worst experience ever was a concert a couple years ago in the nosebleeds... the sound from field level bouncing around the upper levels achieving a horrible echo that had me leaving in about 20 minutes. Couldn't hear a thing.

Will never make that mistake again.

The 2 Falcons games I've went to (2011, 2016) weren't nearly as bad. It was loud but the echo wasn't there, but then again I was on the field level and have no idea how it was up top.

Crizilla

Reaction score
when i think of ATL all i think about is the Braves. Total dominate team in the 90s and early 2000s, even tho they only won it all once. Nobody cares about the Hawks or Falcons. Why did the Hawks throw in a lime green color in their design? Doesn't fit at all. They must love Seahawk green.

mikeak

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1je0mpj6 said:
SyCOLA":1je0mpj6 said:

Exactly... I've been to the Clink plenty of times.

Worst experience ever was a concert a couple years ago in the nosebleeds... the sound from field level bouncing around the upper levels achieving a horrible echo that had me leaving in about 20 minutes. Couldn't hear a thing.

Will never make that mistake again.

The 2 Falcons games I've went to (2011, 2016) weren't nearly as bad. It was loud but the echo wasn't there, but then again I was on the field level and have no idea how it was up top.

About the design - how is it different than an indoor arena? Secondly part of the design benefit is pure accidental

http://www.fieldgulls.com/2013/10/11/48 ... -for-sound

2_0_6

Reaction score
Its a big difference.

Pumping in crowd noise is cheating, the NFL even agrees. Im sure your new stadium will follow suit will be built the same way. What will be your complaint then?

#salty

Steve2222

Reaction score
I went to the divisional round game in Atlanta in 2012 and it was on par with the loudness at Century Link

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":21a4b1lu said:
Its a big difference.

Pumping in crowd noise is cheating, the NFL even agrees. Im sure your new stadium will follow suit will be built the same way. What will be your complaint then?

#salty

Of course it is... what I can't figure out though is... why?

In 2014, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank admitted that the Falcons pumped in artificial crowd noise to the Georgia Dome. Blank said that he had seen enough of the NFL's investigation and told The Associated Press, "It's not really a fine line, I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to, as a league, as a club and as an owner. It's obviously embarrassing but beyond embarrassing it doesn't represent our culture and what we're about."

2013 -----> 4-12
2014 -----> 6-10

Yo Arthur... why would you do that while in a rebuilding season? Twice?

If you're gonna pull a noisegate you do it when your team is hosting playoff games.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1g5xmkuc said:
Hawk_Nation":1g5xmkuc said:
Its a big difference.

#salty

Of course it is... what I can't figure out though is... why?

In 2014, Atlanta Falcons owner Arthur Blank admitted that the Falcons pumped in artificial crowd noise to the Georgia Dome. Blank said that he had seen enough of the NFL's investigation and told The Associated Press, "It's not really a fine line, I think what we've done in 2013 and 2014 was wrong. Anything that affects the competitive balance and fairness on the field, we're opposed to, as a league, as a club and as an owner. It's obviously embarrassing but beyond embarrassing it doesn't represent our culture and what we're about."

2013 -----> 4-12
2014 -----> 6-10

Yo Arthur... why would you do that while in a rebuilding season? Twice?

If you're gonna pull a noisegate you do it when your team is hosting playoff games.

When your team sucks, and needs all the help you can get you cheat.

When you have a good team that is playoff bound, there is no need to risk cheating.

Seems pretty simple to me. Are you keeping up?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":mgvxcwwy said:

When you have a good team that is playoff bound, there is no need to risk cheating.

I'm plenty bright.

Serious question though... if good teams that are playoff bound have no need to risk cheating...

... what's the Patriots excuse?

Largent80

Reaction score
LOL, the Falcons need a Seattle coach to make them relevant.

Ironically, his former team will make him irrelevant this Saturday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":5y8htodw said:
Hawk_Nation":5y8htodw said:

I'm plenty bright.

Serious question though... if good teams that are playoff bound have no need to risk cheating...

... what's the Patriots excuse?

I thought this thread was about the fake crowd noise in your home stadium?

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":17pvv6iz said:
I thought this thread was about the fake crowd noise in your home stadium?

Nice diversion. :mrgreen:

It's cool man... I commented on the fact that I thought it was strange a losing team would cheat... and then you told me only losing teams cheat while asking me if I was bright.

I'm bright enough to know spygate and deflategate were much more serious violations than our noisegate... and the NFL apparently agreed... hence only the loss of a 5th round draft pick.

Worth it I guess if it helped us win 4 games in 2013 instead of just 3.

Largent80":17pvv6iz said:
LOL, the Falcons need a Seattle coach to make them relevant.

Hey... he's a good coach. Feel free to blame him when ya'll lose on Saturday.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I highly doubt the fake crowd noise was ONLY happening in 2013 & 2014, sounds like damage control and a very shallow response to the tune of "gee it was only happening when we were losing, what a coincidence and an embarrassment, let's move on."

I believe the Georgia Dome can be loud when they actually sell tickets to their games, but they can't even sell out when they're hosting playoff games. According to reports today there are still approximately 5,000+ seats available ranging from $100-900.

Largent80

Reaction score
You might want to pass onto Quinn, that were going to run the ball and the Failcons are #27 out of 32 teams stopping it.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Largent80":3tse6jq1 said:
You might want to pass onto Quinn, that were going to run the ball and the Failcons are #27 out of 32 teams stopping it.

Weren't the 49ers 32 of 32 and ya'll managed to to get like 80 yards a couple weeks ago?

Doesn't he average like 3.2 yards for the season and have multiple games?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Let's get back to talking about fake crowd noise please.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Steve2222":2wcqcgt4 said:
I went to the divisional round game in Atlanta in 2012 and it was on par with the loudness at Century Link

I did as well, and this is laughably untrue. It was loud but not as loud as a regular season game at the Clink, much less a playoff game.

One of my friends was walking back from the restroom and said he heard brown or white noise clearly while entering the seating area. That was funny, considering the content of this post, it now makes sense.

The only place I've ever been that held a candle to the Clink was Arrowhead. FedEx was close. My last trip to Gillette was an absolute joke, literally as quiet as a golf tournament, with people actually clapping and making noise while their offense was on the field. NE might have the biggest joke of a fanbase in the entire NFL. Literally zero clue when to make noise and what's happening on the field.

Burnplant

Reaction score
I hope the Seahawks do better against the Falcons than you losers are doing against FalconsFanNW...

LOL.

He's owning you.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":1zsbsaia said:
Largent80":1zsbsaia said:

Weren't the 49ers 32 of 32 and ya'll managed to to get like 80 yards a couple weeks ago?

Doesn't he average like 3.2 yards for the season and have multiple games?

vs MIA 32 yds
@ LA -7 yds
vs PHI 57 yds
@ TB 38 yds
vs CAR 106 yds
@ GB 67 yds
vs LA 34 yds
vs AR 8 yds
@ SF 14 yds

But a 161 yard game vs Detroit signals he's the reincarnation of Marshawn Lynch?

k.

Let's get back to talking about fake crowd noise please.

Its funny how you act lie your run D is so much better than Detroit.

They are ranked 18th allowing 106ypg, and your Falcons... They beast out at 17th allowing 104.5ypg

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team ... asontype/2

Latest posts