Falcons fire DC and DL Coach

Foghawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":xha4anx6 said:
Maulbert":xha4anx6 said:
I called this shot months ago: Quinn will hire Bradley.
I thought Gus was hired somewhere else. ....and Quinn couldn't fire Shanny because he was already gone.

Gus was hired by the Chargers.

ringless

Reaction score
This thread has somewhat of a passive agressive "fire Bevell" undertones to it. At least the way the OP worded it. :stirthepot:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":ya5ratnq said:
Former Seahawks Marquand Manuel interviewing to be the DC:

http://theredzone.org/BlogDescripti...r-defensive-coordinator-position/Default.aspx

Sources said that Falcons coach Dan Quinn started taking more control of the defensive playcalling during the season, and the Falcons showed improvement late in the season and into the playoffs, but still had some hiccups.

This will be disastrous when Manuel calls in sick and Etric Pruitt takes over as DC.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Let's see how the quick response plays out before we criticize it.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
If there's one thing we know, it's that Dan Quinn knows defense. I'm surprised how many people are crapping all over this move. I'll defer to the known expert.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
It must be Tampa's time to lay claim to the division title. I think it's the Bucs' turn anyhow.

chris98251

Reaction score
Manuel got the Secondary in good shape pretty quick in Atlanta, Quinn is going with a proven D line coach, if Manuel is more aggressive then the last guy the Defense there will be fine, Sark took and made the UW respectable, gave Peterson something to build on, he isn't changing a whole lot in the offense, he is also aggressive in play calling, the biggest factor will be the hang over and mental aspect of losing what they had wrapped up in the first half.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
Sounds like this move had been in the works for a while, with Quinn taking playcallind duties from Smith mid-season.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
You do realise that all the people praising this quick response are wrong as this was a decision made before the Superbowl?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
And the DC was hired by SF....or is it SC?? I am so confused. :sarcasm_off:

kf3339

Reaction score
At least Quinn is holding his coaches accountable, as well as the players. PC can't say that.

Chapow

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":179yeyoa said:
You do realise that all the people praising this quick response are wrong as this was a decision made before the Superbowl?

Based on every response in this thread, including mine, I would guess that no, not one single person here realized/knew that.

Haha.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1k3feday said:
If there's one thing we know, it's that Dan Quinn knows defense. I'm surprised how many people are crapping all over this move. I'll defer to the known expert.

Because their defense was fine? They were doing alot better against brady than I thought they would do and they just got gassed. Cant ask a D to be on the field 40 plus minutes and 100 or so plays

Rambitious

Reaction score
That smacks of scape-goatism.

I mean, perhaps if their offense had moved the ball or SCORED in the second half they would have won.
It looked to me like their D was out of gas at the end.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2dtekn49 said:
This will be disastrous when Manuel calls in sick and Etric Pruitt takes over as DC.

Superbowl 40 joke right here

Threedee

Reaction score
ringless":34u6ogiu said:
This thread has somewhat of a passive agressive "fire Bevell" undertones to it. At least the way the OP worded it. :stirthepot:

That's how we do things in the PNW.