Falcons Or Us....

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you can get worse than throwing a pick on the one yard line on the last play of the SB, but Atlanta takes the cake.

We can blame one play, or a decimated D-line and hobbled LOB by the end of the game. Atlanta has nothing to blame other than a choke job of biblical proportions.

The Breh

Reaction score
You could blame our loss on Lane breaking his everything early and us relying on Tharold Simon and his immature ass to get picked on from there on out.....
Or Avril getting concussed before the half and us having zero pressure on Brady minus Bennett....
Or 3 of 4 of the LOB playing injured didn't help either.
We have excuses, Falcons do not.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
As much as XLIX SUCKED, I think Atlanta's loss was worse.

Seattle's "destiny" came down to a very very poor play call at crunch time by the OC.

Atlanta had a 25 point lead with 18 minutes left. They had a ton of craptastic play calls in those 18 minutes.
All they had to do was hand the ball off the rest of the game and they probably still win by a couple of TD's.

Best of all, the architect of that loss, is the new head coach of the Niners. :2thumbs:

OP
OP
H

Hawker8989

Reaction score
They are winning the division. Thats a foregone conclussion. It all comes down to what the dirty birds do in January. If they win it all, Hawks loss is worse. If the Hawks win SB 52, will that take the sting away from sb 49?

Personally, the sting won't completely leave my soul. That team had a chance to go back to back in a salary cap world. Pretty impressive. I'll say: " Two in five years is good. But it should be three in five years at minimum".

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1pxf26i5 said:

Seattle's "destiny" came down to a very very poor play call at crunch time by the OC.

Atlanta had a 25 point lead with 18 minutes left. They had a ton of craptastic play calls in those 18 minutes.
All they had to do was hand the ball off the rest of the game and they probably still win by a couple of TD's.

Best of all, the architect of that loss, is the new head coach of the Niners. :2thumbs:
Or the execution of said play broke down.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1nva6rud said:
Sports Hernia":1nva6rud said:

:roll:

cymatica

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2faq4oya said:
Sports Hernia":2faq4oya said:

That's what I used to say when Holmgren called a 3rd along draw. Good call, just couldn't execute to his standards.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Falcons loss is worse. Hawks were evenly matched with the Pats but with some unlucky injuries and of course that painful failed goal line play we were out of luck and lost. We could have won but didn't.

Falcons were dominating and they still gave it away. No matter how far ahead they will be in the future there will be a fear that it is not enough. They SHOULD have won but shat the bed.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
Hawks. We started the next two seasons with the same tools in the box.atl may learn from their loss. Sea didnt

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks loss was worst b/c victory was within reach if not for that lame call. The Hawks were equal to the Patriots that game and it was a close game which they acknowledged they were fortunate to win.

Atlanta simply collapsed late and had no 2nd half answer for the Patriots O. Of course, it can be argued the Hawks let down defensively in the 2nd half in XLIX.

sc85sis

Reaction score
In reality I'd say the Falcons loss was worse. In perception, it's the Hawks. Why? Because it was so dramatic. One play to win it all, be back-to-back champs and perhaps a dynasty. That's drama, and people love drama in sports.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Both are pretty bad. Seahawk fans will probably look at it in a slightly different light.. but if you polled fans of the other 30 teams - I bet most would find blowing a 25 point lead to be the more painful option. Especially since they also had overtime with a shot to avert the full collapse.

XLIX had us with a one play shot to win it all after a miraculous catch that should have never happened to begin with. The play call was obviously a very questionable one (to be kind) .. but it was still an amazing play from their corner that lead to the loss.

The Falcons? It was a good 18 some minutes of basically pooping all over themselves.

Hawks46

Reaction score
RussB":1wi2f9kt said:
Jerhawk":1wi2f9kt said:
The Falcons loss was worse. Our loss was so sudden like a swift kick in the gut, the Falcons loss was a monumental collapse. It was like a horror movie, only much more drawn out and scary for Falcon fans.

And the argument about the Hawks loss derailing the dynasty, it's tough to predict what the Hawks would've done the following seasons had they won. Would winning back to back kept the team motivated enough to complete the dynasty? Is it possible that this team has said enough is enough and regained that chip on their shoulder to avenge that loss? We don't know
If they went back to back with that defense they would have so much momentum going into the next season i think they would be back again. They would have beaten the 2 best quarterbacks of all time i just dont see how they wouldnt continue riding the wave.

Every time you win a SuperBowl, players get over paid to go elsewhere. If we won that 2nd one, who would we have lost ? You'd have to go through the roster, find out which guys were FA's, then find out if they stayed or left, and what impact that had on last season.

Latest posts