Falcons to trade Julio to any interested team.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
pmedic920":1l5elr3s said:
My guess:
He ends up with the Pats.

We would be silly to have no interest but I don’t see the Seahawks seriously making moves to get him.

Like others, I hope he doesn’t end up w/a division rival.

Unfortunately for us, I think Jones gets reunited with his old coordinator in SF. Niners have the cap space, and it'd be an attractive place for Julio to want to go team wise and scheme wise.

OP
OP
Sac

Sac

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1uum54fm said:
Unfortunately for us, I think Jones gets reunited with his old coordinator in SF. Niners have the cap space, and it'd be an attractive place for Julio to want to go team wise and scheme wise.

I don't know. That would be quite the downgrade at quarterback from what he's used to. You'd think he'd want to go somewhere that's at least equivalent if not better.

xray

Reaction score
He will go to either SF-AZ-or NE , not Seattle. IMO

CPHawk

Reaction score
The Chargers should be all in on him. That offense would be really good with one more dominant WR.
Why would he want to play for Santa Clara, NE or Arizona when he could see single coverage in LA and have Herbert as his QB?

massari

Reaction score
Imagine if the Packers or 49ers get him. 9ers would almost be a lock for the division barring injuries like last season.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsLine/status/1396854396504268806[/tweet]

CPHawk

Reaction score
massari":dalq5n65 said:
Imagine if the Packers or 49ers get him. 9ers would almost be a lock for the division barring injuries like last season.
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsLine/status/1396854396504268806[/tweet]

All the WR in the world can’t help those QB. Lance is already throwing INT in rookie camp, Jimmy G is who he is.

massari

Reaction score
CPHawk":k4w8qym0 said:
All the WR in the world can’t help those QB. Lance is already throwing INT in rookie camp, Jimmy G is who he is.
Their offense put up 700 yards in the two games against the Hawks last season with CJ Beathard and Mullens as the QBs.

Jimmy G having a good OL, run game, and Julio, Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle to go with that defense, good chance they're back to the Super Bowl like in 2019 unless the injury bug creeps in again.

RastaHawk12!

Reaction score
Too long in the tooth, too much of a cap hit, and likely too expensive regarding future draft capital for me. Also, it's not a real position of need. I'd rather go after another good lineman on either side of the ball. Pass.

Jville

Reaction score
There is no shortage of college and free agent wide receivers.

Keep it humble.

Pass on trading for any wide receiver.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Do you honestly believe that Julio would change the overall result?

Would it matter at all?

You can go into most Seahawk seasons with a clear understanding of how it will end up. We make the playoffs. We lose the divisional playoff game. We tend to have a good record. At the 3/4 mark, we usually look like world-beaters.

Julio Jones would not change the outcome so no, he would not be worth whatever he costs because we are going to get the exact same ending no matter.

I love Julio as a player. He is a stud. But he wouldn't move the needle even slightly in terms of our chances for playoffs success. Not for lack of ability, but more for lack of opportunity. We would never allow him to make that kind of a difference so why pay him for the prospect of success when we would never bother to attempt to reap those rewards with him?

He would be worth it. But not for us.

CPHawk

Reaction score
710 today said Seattle is a real player for him. Had us and New England as the top 2 right now to land him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":29c7wpjr said:
Do you honestly believe that Julio would change the overall result?

Would it matter at all?

You can go into most Seahawk seasons with a clear understanding of how it will end up. We make the playoffs. We lose the divisional playoff game. We tend to have a good record. At the 3/4 mark, we usually look like world-beaters.

Julio Jones would not change the outcome so no, he would not be worth whatever he costs because we are going to get the exact same ending no matter.

I love Julio as a player. He is a stud. But he wouldn't move the needle even slightly in terms of our chances for playoffs success. Not for lack of ability, but more for lack of opportunity. We would never allow him to make that kind of a difference so why pay him for the prospect of success when we would never bother to attempt to reap those rewards with him?

He would be worth it. But not for us.

You might've had a point in the years of Seattle offenses that ran through Marshawn, but Seattle is now a a decent spot for a receiver to be.

They allow DK to make a massive difference. Lockett too. I agree that Julio wouldn't move the needle much, but this cryptic "they'll never let him do anything" stuff just doesn't make any sense.