FANS TACKLE FISHER

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmedic920

Reaction score
One of the first things that stood out to me.....

......all those empty seats.

d08ca89b42e2e69ee46a9e6c2997b59e.png

And in the lower levels.

Maybe the coaching change will fix that.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":3ep4q6zw said:
evergreen":3ep4q6zw said:
Your right and it's bull shit. That is some serious entertainment. I remember a guy running on the field back in the day when you got to see this shit and Mike Curtis took him out with a block. Dude got off in a stretcher. No one else ran out there after that... you're in the game baby better get some pads...

This is sad on so many levels. Evergreen, I could insult you for essentially getting off on someone else's pain given how immoral it is to take pleasure in the suffering of others. I could hope this insult acts a guide toward reacting more ethically toward others. However, there are so many areas of life where this is socially acceptable to be entertained partly by peoples' pain. In football alone there are millions and millions of people who are entertained in this way. If we make a fuss over every part of life that's morally ambiguous, that's a whole lot of disagreeing to do. People don't like being disagreed with and it might not be very fun to live while disagreeing with everything that's wrong. And yet, I feel obligated to both discourage you and not be annoying. Tell me. How do I persuade you to have a greater regard for others (even those who you think are being foolish) without being annoying?

Too late, you're already annoying.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ow21m9p said:
BirdsCommaAngry":1ow21m9p said:
evergreen":1ow21m9p said:
Your right and it's bull shit. That is some serious entertainment. I remember a guy running on the field back in the day when you got to see this shit and Mike Curtis took him out with a block. Dude got off in a stretcher. No one else ran out there after that... you're in the game baby better get some pads...

This is sad on so many levels. Evergreen, I could insult you for essentially getting off on someone else's pain given how immoral it is to take pleasure in the suffering of others. I could hope this insult acts a guide toward reacting more ethically toward others. However, there are so many areas of life where this is socially acceptable to be entertained partly by peoples' pain. In football alone there are millions and millions of people who are entertained in this way. If we make a fuss over every part of life that's morally ambiguous, that's a whole lot of disagreeing to do. People don't like being disagreed with and it might not be very fun to live while disagreeing with everything that's wrong. And yet, I feel obligated to both discourage you and not be annoying. Tell me. How do I persuade you to have a greater regard for others (even those who you think are being foolish) without being annoying?

LOL. Immoral. Hahaha. What is that??? He laughed at a guy getting hammered for being a douche and running onto someone else s workplace. It is funny and there is nothing immoral about it.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
So I could inflict pain on you and it'd be okay as long as I perceive you as an unlikable person? I disagree.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1eljszek said:

Exactly! People don't like being disagreed with. We don't like it when people take a "moral high ground". My question is: how can I point out a problem without being the annoying guy who gets dismissed for seeming pretentious or some other unlikable quality?

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":f8zfr6we said:
So I could inflict pain on you and it'd be okay as long as I perceive you as an unlikable person? I disagree.

Yes. Who are you to tell me not to inflict pain on someone else? I never said you have to agree with me but if you try some stuff like that you get what you deserve. It just so happens his just deserts are pain.

mikeak

Reaction score
BirdsCommaAngry":2rj8ad6i said:

I agree with you on this point if it is randomly inflicted pain

If I am operating a piece of equipment and you pay to watch me operate it and are informed that you are not allowed within the safety zone and that you put other people at risk by going into the safety zone (Monica Seles was stabbed remember?) and the end result is that you get injured when violating all that then yes that injury you received is acceptable because YOU decided to ignore everything surrounding that.

If someone then gets personal enjoyment out of your injury so be it

Popeyejones

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2zz9yp29 said:
They purposefully don't cover this stuff on the TV broadcasts.

Yep. If you watch the NFL there's nothing suspicious or strange about it. They always direct the cameras away from the action when someone runs out onto the field so as to discourage people from, well, running out onto the field.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
mikeak":1dutxr8y said:
I agree with you on this point if it is randomly inflicted pain

If I am operating a piece of equipment and you pay to watch me operate it and are informed that you are not allowed within the safety zone and that you put other people at risk by going into the safety zone (Monica Seles was stabbed remember?) and the end result is that you get injured when violating all that then yes that injury you received is acceptable because YOU decided to ignore everything surrounding that.

If someone then gets personal enjoyment out of your injury so be it

I see. So, simply put, if someone can say "I told you so" because they've been warned against doing something or the consequences are believed to be understood without restating them, it's ethical to be amused by their discomfort or pain.

So lets say there's a danger to sports fandom. Lets say I warn everyone on this forum about the problems relating to making our sense of self-worth rely heavily on the outcome of something we can't control, like the outcome of Seahawks games. Would you not think it's wrong of me to make fun of how upset we can get over losses?

If you don't think it's wrong, would you have the same opinion if I used some of the same language other people have used to describe fans that run on the field? For example, by calling other Seahawks fans douche bags who had it coming because they were too foolish to listen to my advice.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ you are ignoring the fact that some people that run onto the field are a danger to the people on the field. You don't know if they have a weapon etc or not and as I pointed out attacks have happened. So when you create an unsafe situation ON PURPOSE for OTHERS then you deserve what is coming to you

I am not really interested in if it is ethical to be amused by it as much as I don't consider it unethical

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
That's a good point. I'd probably cheer for a player who tackles someone running onto the field with a weapon. Nonetheless, instead of automatically cheering for all instances where someone runs onto the field and gets laid out, why don't we reserve judgment until it's determined whether or not he or she has a weapon? In other words, feel some empathy for those who get laid out for just being silly and cheer for the hits on those with worse intents. Or is it that all people running onto the field are potentially dangerous - with and without a weapon?

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":3dqb7vw3 said:
LOL. Immoral. Hahaha. What is that??? He laughed at a guy getting hammered for being a douche and running onto someone else s workplace. It is funny and there is nothing immoral about it.

I'd define immoral as anything beneath someone's minimum standards for ideal behavior. What would you define it as?

Status
Not open for further replies.