Fans that went to the Game

sflahawk

Reaction score
Spiderdan":3afyenqj said:
I was there at the game. The experience was great. I got called an asshole a couple of times and told to f off once. Both of the times I was called an asshole were before the game and said in a good natured tone. The time I was told to f off was after the game when I mentioned to my buddy that way too many people were leaving before the game was decided.
The fans did cheer at Dobbs injury, boo at Simon. They also started chanting "asshole" at the refs after they were called for P I.
I didn't have any violence directed toward me or see any violence whatsoever.

My experience was the same. Fans were really not that bad. was called a couple of names, but on the most part, lots of them were really pleasant and the experience was great. COLD as hell, but great.

Couple of observations:
1. was amazed that the fans had to be prompted by the scoreboard to get loud and it was only on 3rd down.
2. 9 MIN left in the game down by 10 and people headed to the exits. SMH at that one.
3. Fans Booing and at the injury was really bad.
4. There was no electricity in that stadium. Not like when you are at the CLink. Maybe because they were being manhandled by our hawks, but even after they went up 7-0 you never felt like they had a chance to win.

In all, it was a great time and it was really nice to see lots of hawk fans all around the stadium. GO HAWKS

bonggoy

Reaction score
Eagles fan here and a season ticket holder for the last couple of years. I am an international transplant and adopted everything Philly.

Having said that, I only witnessed a couple of years of the Vet. I went to a few games here and there. Most of my experiences are at the Linc. All the bad rap that you hear and read everyday was from way back when or from New Jersey fans :)

A lot of Eagles fans are vulgar and will mouth off. They almost take pride on that. However, you rarely see anyone actually get physical. There was that Lions fans who says he got beat up outside the stadium after the snow game. To this day, no one has, police included were able to verify his story. Most of the incidents (drunk girl stealing a veterans prosthetic legs) are usually once a game fans who likes to makes the most of their experience by drinking and getting shit faced even before the game starts. No excuse, but I suspect this happens in every stadium.

Most fans of visiting teams, division rivals included, almost always have a positive experience. Proof the testimony of Hawks fan in this thread. The worst I've seen in my section (lower level SBL type) are a group of Redskins fans who from the get go were giving it to us. It almost feel like they wanted to come to the Linc and say, we give it to them bad Eagles fan and I survived.

As for booing injured players. Yes, that is in response to fans thinking players faking their injury to slow down the offense (Redskin and Giants did this regularly). That's always the initial reaction. You will also hear fans cheer and clap when an injured player gets up and walks it off/carted etc.

Nice win by your team. I actually expected a worst result because of that defense. Eagles are good but not at the level of the Elite teams in the NFL yet, which the Hawks is.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Classy post Bonngoy. Welcome to .Net, where classy fans of other teams are always appreciated. Eagles are a team on the way up, and I fully expect you guys to destroy the Boys and win the east.

Thanks to all for this thread. Always look forward to reading in game experiences, especially @ away games.

EntiatHawk

Reaction score
I am so glad our team won and now I can go back to cheering for the Eagles to beat the crap out of Dallas.

Come on Eagles and make me proud and send the cowturds home with their tails firmly tucked.