Fansided: "Seahawks willing to hear trade offers for Clark"

toffee

Reaction score
If we could only afford to sign 2 of the big threes ie Wilson, Wagner, or Clark. Frank Clark would be the one to be sacrificed.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I like Clark a lot.

I've even met him a few times and spoke with him, and the guy is a stand up guy.

Clark is the guy that has had a rough up bringing and his life could have been totally different but he stayed the course, persevered more so than a majority of people could and rebuilt his life and its beautiful.

I honestly wish him nothing but the best.

But I feel the Seahawks will only pay Wilson and Wagner.

Both Clark and Reed will be the odd man out.

It sucks.

I actually met Bobby Wagner once and said "Wassup" to him.

That's it, just said "wassup."

I did not proceed to ask for photo or nothing, but the guy did not even acknowledge me when I said wassup, and I somewhat "get it," he doesn't owe me anything, why should he even care to respond?? But I'm biased, and bitter (not gonna lie) but Wagner was a straight up, jerk.

IMO, Clark is the better person and more deserving of being paid, but Wagner is the "better" football player and Seattle will pay Wagner (my guess) over Clark.

But I can also see Seattle (now they learned from NOT trading Earl) to NOW trade Clark to get something in return.

Get your money, Frank! I ain't mad at cha!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
mistaowen":1uf5eu4j said:
Plus his sack numbers last year were heavily inflated against a select couple of bad teams.

Unbelievable. What's Clark supposed to do?? Not get those sacks??? Take the game off because they are against "bad" teams???

There are 16 games. You play all the games you can, and get as much as you can, when you can.

"Heavily inflated..." SMH.

Are Wilsons touchdowns also "heavily inflated" because he threw them against "bad teams??" Smh.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Largent80":10n40b1z said:
If he is traded the pick needs to be for THIS year or it won't or shouldn't happen with the Hawks having only 4 and 11 next year.
Agree 100%.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Do teams still value future picks as 1 round worse than current year picks (I.E. a 2nd rounder this year is worth as much as a first rounder next year)? If so, we should be going after future picks with other teams still undervaluing them.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Chapow":2cmwn8fi said:
For such a short article, that's a lot of weasel worded BS.

Starts with this,

Seahawks willing to hear trade offers for Frank Clark

Oh hey, look at that. It's written as a statement of fact. However, the very first line reads,

...but the word in NFL circles is he can be had for the right price.

Ah, so apparently it's just a rumor then?

Multiple league sources have told FanSided they believe Seattle is willing to hear trade offers...

Wait, so it's not even really a rumor, it's just a thing that "multiple league sources" "believe" may be true?

Just such absolute garbage throw away "reporting". The fact that articles like this get "published" now a days just shows what a pathetic state sports media is in. This is gossip rag level trash.

Well stated Chapow!!!

It’s either total rubbish and click bait, a planted remark to facilitate settlement or encourage a trade, or total and complete speculative garbage. Any of us who were unfortunate enough to actually read that ‘article’ are no wiser, and wasted our time reading it.

Largent80

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":18g7t7ge said:
I actually met Bobby Wagner once and said "Wazzup" to him.

That's it, just said "wazzup."

If someone said that to me this would be the first thing I thought. Maybe WAZZUP isn't the best thing to say to someone.

[youtube]tauYnVE6ykU[/youtube]

And what that has to do with football and whether the Seahawks should trade or pay Clark is a head scratcher.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
mistaowen":1l86rimd said:
Plus his sack numbers last year were heavily inflated against a select couple of bad teams. Many times in games he disappeared for a series or two.

What if I told you that the same could be said of most of the NFL sack leaders every single year?

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Wizofwest":16h1yrvc said:
So we are all aware of the players we can resign.
In order I have them as:
1. Wilson
2. Wagner
3. Reed
4. Clark

While I like Frank Clark, of the four above, I don't believe his current play on the field warrants the apparent contract he is looking for. He could explode and take that next step. But right now he is not a 20M/year player.

Couldn't agree more with this. Nothing I feel I need to add to it.

Edit: I take that back. I would like to add that, I dont believe any d line player is worth 20 mil plus a year, unless they get 20 plus sacks a year. It is just too big of a percentage of the cap right now. Especially considering the amount of pass rushers available in the draft.