Fastest first steps for DE and DT

bman75

Reaction score
Who seems to have the fastest first steps? From the little I have seen Andre Carter seems to but there isn't much video on him. Also It seemed like Siaki Carter was faster than I thought he would be.

Chevy

Reaction score
Andre Carter from my eye is not top-3, for the 2023 draft, in initial quickness. I have only been able to see one of his games this year, so take it with a grain of salt. Scouting reports I have read on him seem to agree. Looking at his highlights from last year makes him an intriguing prospect in the 2nd round for me.

Best 1st step quickness, for me, is Florida State DE/OLB Jared Verse.

gmor

Reaction score
Carter has to figure out his Army commitment. I wouldn't touch him without know the answer.

Chevy

Reaction score
Carter has to figure out his Army commitment. I wouldn't touch him without know the answer.
He can come straight to the NFL. We have a Army graduate on our team who came straight to the NFL.

12forlife

Reaction score
Andre Carter from my eye is not top-3, for the 2023 draft, in initial quickness. I have only been able to see one of his games this year, so take it with a grain of salt. Scouting reports I have read on him seem to agree. Looking at his highlights from last year makes him an intriguing prospect in the 2nd round for me.

Best 1st step quickness, for me, is Florida State DE/OLB Jared Verse.
Agreed! Verse's first step is quickest in college. Ojulari isn't bad either. Nolan Smith is small but quicker then a greased fart!

Spohawks

Reaction score
Oh how I miss Sam Adams and Jacob Green for quick first step D-lineman!

Kinger95

Reaction score
Carter didn’t even play like a mid round pick in his last game . I wasn’t impressed really

Chevy

Reaction score