Favorite Football Podcast

CactusJack

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite Seahawk/Football podcasts?

My top two are Dan Viens (Seahawks Forever pod) & Cigar Thoughts with Jacson Bevens.

Maybe you have one or two that you listen to?

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I know Rob Staton is a popular one among some fans. But his takes are typically negative & pessimistic. I find his style to be rather irritating if I'm being honest. But that might also be because he's English lol.

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I'm addicted to podcasts, so I listen to a ton while I'm working. Seahawks Forever (Dan Viens) might be my favorite fan-made one, Dan Viens puts out a lot of content and has some good guests on his show, plus he's shown that he has some reliable sources. All Day is my favorite Seahawks podcast by a former player. KJ & Gee Scott were entertaining and I'll miss their presence on the show, but Luke Willson was the perfect guy to take their place. The entertainment level hasn't gone down with him hosting.

Other Seahawks podcasts I listen to are:

-Seahawkers (just the flagship show with Brandon & Adam)
-The Hawks Nest
-Real Hawk Talk (even though they can be pessimistic, they still put in a lot of work and have good guests on)
-Cigar Thoughts
-The Hawkszone Rundown
-Seahawks Man 2 Man
-12th Man Rising

I know, I'm obsessed, don't judge me! 😅

Last edited:
OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
I'm addicted to podcasts, so I listen to a ton while I'm working. Seahawks Forever (Dan Viens) might be my favorite fan-made one, Dan Viens puts out a lot of contact and has some good guests on his show, plus he's shown that he has some reliable sources. All Day is my favorite Seahawks podcast by a former player. KJ & Gee Scott were entertaining and I'll miss their presence on the show, but Luke Willson was the perfect guy to take their place. The entertainment level hasn't gone down with him hosting.

Other Seahawks podcasts I listen to are:

-Seahawkers (just the flagship show with Brandon & Adam)
-The Hawks Nest
-Real Hawk Talk (even though they can be pessimistic, they still put in a lot of work and have good guests on)
-Cigar Thoughts
-The Hawkszone Rundown
-Seahawks Man 2 Man
-12th Man Rising

I know, I'm obsessed, don't judge me! 😅
Thanks for putting a list together. There are a couple of names that I haven't heard of before. But that's partly why I started a new thread. (y)

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
I know Rob Staton is a popular one among some fans. But his takes are typically negative & pessimistic. I find his style to be rather irritating if I'm being honest. But that might also be because he's English lol.
The English are generally irritated by the fact that they got thier asses handed to them by a bunch of colonists. They cant seem to let it go and it bleeeds over into all aspects of thier lives.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
The English are generally irritated by the fact that they got thier asses handed to them by a bunch of colonists. They cant seem to let it go and it bleeeds over into all aspects of thier lives.
I just assume it's due to the weather. ;)

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Do you have any favorite Seahawk/Football podcasts?

My top two are Dan Viens (Seahawks Forever pod) & Cigar Thoughts with Jacson Bevens.

Maybe you have one or two that you listen to?
Dan Viens seems to be very defensive/bitter if you question anything he says. Fails to actually take into account what someone is saying, and automatically defends his take. Not a fan.

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Dan Viens seems to be very defensive/bitter if you question anything he says. Fails to actually take into account what someone is saying, and automatically defends his take. Not a fan.
Really? I haven't had that same experience. Is this on twitter? I don't interact with him on social media. But his podcast is very levelheaded from my Pov.

Hawkamaniac

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendations. I’ll have to check a few out.

I’m sure I’ll get killed for this, but I actually enjoy Brock and Salk. Or, I guess, i tolerate Salk for the sake of Huard. I think he’s pretty dialed in and rationale on most fronts.

I used to listen to Joe Fan. Not sure where he ended up.

OLYhawks

Reaction score
Really? I haven't had that same experience. Is this on twitter? I don't interact with him on social media. But his podcast is very levelheaded from my Pov.
I've watched and read his comments on YouTube.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Question somewhat on topic here: Doe anywhere here follow Matty Brown or watch his videos / watch any of his videos.
I feel like his narrative has turned much more negative since Pete left. Anyone else who follow him noticed it or is it just me?

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Question somewhat on topic here: Doe anywhere here follow Matty Brown or watch his videos / watch any of his videos.
I feel like his narrative has turned much more negative since Pete left. Anyone else who follow him noticed it or is it just me?
Wasn't he a huge Pete supporter?

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Wasn't he a huge Pete supporter?
Yes he was. I guess it starts with when he asked a question at a press conference (possibly the Raider London game) and Pete was impressed enough to speak to him after.

It just feels like since the change most of his stuff is negative. He is adamant there was nothing wrong with the Hawks defensive schemes in recent years

OP
OP
CactusJack

CactusJack

Reaction score
Yes he was. I guess it starts with when he asked a question at a press conference (possibly the Raider London game) and Pete was impressed enough to speak to him after.

It just feels like since the change most of his stuff is negative. He is adamant there was nothing wrong with the Hawks defensive schemes in recent years
I haven't watched his stuff as of late. But he's always struck me as someone who has a take & doesn't let go of it.

If he's right, then he's going to tell you about it after the fact.

Last edited:

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
The pod casts I watch are not Seahawk related but general football involving former players. The 2 I like the best is Bussin with the Boys with Will Compton and Taylor Lewan. Also the The Stinkin Truth podcast with Mark Schlereth

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't care much for the Hawks centric podcasts unless former NFL players or coaches are on. Most of the time there's no actual expertise being provided and if you already follow the team closely then the benefits are questionable.

I do listen to most of the big general NFL podcasts (Around the NFL, The Athletic, The Ringer, PFF) for entertainment purposes and to get a sense of what's going on with the other 31 teams from week to week. I also like Beating the Book, which focuses on gambling and in doing so tends to be a lot more informed and accurate than the rest when it comes to the weekly matchups.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I don't care much for the Hawks centric podcasts unless former NFL players or coaches are on. Most of the time there's no actual expertise being provided and if you already follow the team closely then the benefits are questionable.

I do listen to most of the big general NFL podcasts (Around the NFL, The Athletic, The Ringer, PFF) for entertainment purposes and to get a sense of what's going on with the other 31 teams from week to week. I also like Beating the Book, which focuses on gambling and in doing so tends to be a lot more informed and accurate than the rest when it comes to the weekly matchups.

You listen to a lot of the same ones I do. This is still entertainment for me so I love the ATN and the Ringer ones. They have a nice mix for me of good football info from knowledgable people but they can still entertain me and make me laugh

Latest posts