Favorite Wilson Memory

seabowl

Reaction score
1- Bears victory in 2012
2- Watching him on sidelines pumping up the team vs Atl in playoffs when down huge and almost winning it.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Everything he has done. He truly is a great player and person.

I don't think he is going anywhere.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Spinning back 40 yards and getting it to Baldwin vs AZ

The free play to Kearse vs the 49ers in the championship game.

toffee

Reaction score
Everytime Russ stepped on the podium for presser, must watch TV.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

nwHawk

Reaction score
Take your pick… I will never forget his touchdown run against AZ (the first clip in the video).

A lot of great memories here:

[youtube]5xPuMZ2peFI[/youtube]

mistaowen

Reaction score
NFCCG obviously is big.

More recently the games against Mahomes and Watson at home. Neither defense could stop anything and he outgunned both of them.

The run he went on in 2015 with ADB was something else.

2012 Bills game in Toronto. Just annihilating them through the air and on the ground.

chris98251

Reaction score
First preseason game against the Chiefs, that was special and we seen what was to be the future.

9er4life

Reaction score
PC throwing his headphones on the ground right after RW threw the pick at the goal line.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
The only other year we missed the playoffs at 9-7 and if we don’t have Walsh we have 10 or 11 wins and make it. Leading rusher. Accounted for 34/35 tds. All while got his ankle and knee wrecked in back to back weeks early in the season and never missed a game. That was epitome of MVP season, we maybe get 4 wins that year without him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1hzsv449 said:
balakoth":1hzsv449 said:
Maelstrom787":1hzsv449 said:
The Packers NFCCG after he decided to stop throwing indefensible picks.

To be fair 3 of those were on the receiver not Wilson
True..Kearse was dreadful that day
His raw emotion in the interview after winning and acknowledging the rough day he had. Acknowledged the horrendous mistakes he made which Kearse definitely contributed but he owned it. Was soo great that those two walked it off. Personally a great moment being a Seahawks fan in Iowa and listening to Packers fan bump their gums all game and then lightening struck.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
zchurch74":2zemxsig said:
Hasn’t happened yet. When he signs his name with another team. He can’t be gone quick enough.

Nice way to sh*t on an appreciation thread. :roll:

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
DJ_CJ":1b2c7yne said:
Cyrus12":1b2c7yne said:
balakoth":1b2c7yne said:
Maelstrom787":1b2c7yne said:
The Packers NFCCG after he decided to stop throwing indefensible picks.

His raw emotion in the interview after winning and acknowledging the rough day he had. Acknowledged the horrendous mistakes he made which Kearse definitely contributed but he owned it. Was soo great that those two walked it off. Personally a great moment being a Seahawks fan in Iowa and listening to Packers fan bump their gums all game and then lightening struck.

Except for 2 weeks later he dropped a crucial catch that would likely of sealed a sb title.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
This ^^^^

But people would rather blame one play on losing the SB instead. FACT is that Kearse should have caught that, FG range, game.
Then the Defense gave up a 10 point lead.

So many great memories. But I'd have to go with NFC Championship. Down 16 in the 4th quarter, and he's telling everyone around him that they are going to win. The blatant refusal to accept anything but winning.
While he had a crap first half (partially from butterfingers kearse dropping passes that resulted in picks) he was ridiculous in the 4th quarter and OT.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Cyrus12":ymuoflpp said:
DJ_CJ":ymuoflpp said:
Cyrus12":ymuoflpp said:
balakoth":ymuoflpp said:

Except for 2 weeks later he dropped a crucial catch that would likely of sealed a sb title.
The NE DB actually was a major factor in that "drop". But yeah, as an NFL receiver, he's paid to catch that kind of pass.

* GB NFCCG game, walk-off TD to Kearse
* SF 4th and 7 in NFCCG to Kearse for TD
* NE game, late TD to Sidney Rice to beat Tom Brady, the "U mad Bro?" game
* Gunslinger game outdueling KC and Mahomes
* Gunslinger game outdueling Watson and Texans
* Chicago game where Russell took game over with his legs and won with pass to Sidney Rice and Rice got conked on TD
* 2nd half of Preseason games in Russell's rookie year where Russell played the 2nd half
* Game where Russell threw 2 unbelievable catches by Doug Baldwin that made the difference in the game, I think was 2013 vs Tampa and Mike Glennon
* The Shoeless Dick Sherman pick 6 MNF game vs Houston, Russell jumping up and down on the sidelines as Sherman ran it back (OK, making up part of this about Russell, and it may have been a TNF game, it was primetime)
* Carroll naming Wilson the starter over Matt Flynn for first game of rookie year

Russell's rookie year preseason is an underappreciated gem. Watching him run the team, complete deep throws, and make preseason games *exciting*.

olyfan63

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cnh91id said:
This ^^^^

But people would rather blame one play on losing the SB instead. FACT is that Kearse should have caught that, FG range, game.

So many great memories. But I'd have to go with NFC Championship. Down 16 in the 4th quarter, and he's telling everyone around him that they are going to win. The blatant refusal to accept anything but winning.
While he had a crap first half (partially from butterfingers kearse dropping passes that resulted in picks) he was ridiculous in the 4th quarter and OT.
That NFCCG vs Packers game in hindsight illustrates why Russell needs an elite defense in order to win those tough playoff games. Yes, give Russell credit for that amazing 4th quarter and OT, but 4 picks and 5 turnovers... it is SO RARE for ANY team to overcome 5 turnovers and win any game, never mind a PLAYOFF game. It was that elite Hawk Defense stopping GB time after time, limiting Aaron Rodgers and that Packer offense to FGs instead of TDs. Yes, Kearse was ass in not catching balls and tipping them up where they turned into picks.

I don't know what GB did during most of the game, defensively, to shut Russell and the Hawk O down for so much of the game. I can ask that in a different thread, just a curiosity I have, replaying earlier parts of Russell's career through a lens of increased understanding of what teams do to frustrate Russell and limit his success.

Also on display that was the importance of the running game for Russell to (eventually) be successful. Marshawn went 25 carries for 157 yards and that clutch 24 yard TD run. On Wilson's game-winning TD throw to Kearse, Green Bay was in cover-zero, no safety in the middle, no doubt because of the threat of Marshawn's running and the need to keep the drive to a long (missable) FG.

That game, to me, illustrated Russell's will to win, to find a way, to persevere through setbacks, and his leadership that inspires others to also up their game. I miss that Russell Wilson; to my eyes that fire has not been on display as much this season. Sure, injuries. But it's not just injuries. Also, that game illustrated the faith and belief the defense, the whole team, had in Russell to find a way to win, if they just kept doing their part. That Hawks D kept bringing it, doing their part, Jon Ryan and Garry Gilliam did their part, Steven Hauschka and Chris Matthews did their part. Everyone did their part, buoyed by the belief that Russell would somehow find a way to get the offense in the end zone. Really, on that day, it was a belief against all evidence, but it showed the inspiring effect that Russell's leadership had on the team on that day.

xray

Reaction score
He throws the worst interception of his career in ' that SB game ' shhhhh. It wasn't his fault he had to throw the ball !! :D

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
xray":1cn44rgo said:
He throws the worst interception of his career in ' that SB game ' shhhhh. It wasn't his fault he had to throw the ball !! :D
They wanted Russ to get mvp not Lynch. Got cute and cost them. .

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2b8b24ap said:
This ^^^^

If Kearse makes that catch the game is over and the botched play never happens. The defense was beat to shit by halftime in the sb. Avril out with a concussion, Jeremy Lane with the broken arm...Sherman playing with one arm. Enter Tharold Simon who was absolute trash. If the D was healthy we are not having a conversation about blowing a 10pt lead. Still though...handoff to Lynch and all this would have been a mute point. Maybe even a 3rd Lombardi if the play didn't happen. It destroyed the team.