Favre suggests Bevell for Rams

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
LolaRox":37914ykw said:
Only if he takes Cable with him otherwise I feel like we'd just be going from the frying pan into the fire.

I'd rather keep Cable as OL coach than have him as a play-caller. He was awful at that role in Oakland. And our OL is looking much improved.

OP
OP
nash72

nash72

Reaction score
johnnyfever":2ccnbx0l said:
Just like every other team that has looked at bevell, they will realize we are successful in spite of him not because of him. How many other teams that make the playoffs five years running with a lombardi and an almost lombardi have an OC that multiple other teams have passed on. There is a good reason they passed, be cause he is not good at his job. You can argue with this, but the proof is in the pudding. He is still here.

Correct. When the chips are down and its time for them to finally sign a coach, they will pass on Bevell like everybody else does. Unfortunate for us.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I'll chip in $100 if they take him. Who else would like to pledge?

edogg23

Reaction score
Can the hawks thown in a draft pick to sweeten the deal? We would intstantly get better and the rams would continue to suck for years to come!

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2c7kilj7 said:
While a contract such as that would set Bev up for life financially, I prefer he stay with the Hawks to finish some business.

Shocking....

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Largent80":m9vkeqg5 said:
Favres junk for head coach.

Now that you mention it..... every memory I have of Favre is him running for his life and making something happen..... Or getting smashed....

Ozzy

Reaction score
McGruff":2kuoqdjq said:
Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.

The reason you listed above and the fact that he hasn't warranted a single interview is telling to me. He should be getting interviews because of what you listed but he's still not. So for all the Bevell supporters(and I am at times) it's a tough objection to answer for. He should be a lead candidate for every job and as of late he isn't even thought of. Strange. Or maybe not? I really don't know.

Ozzy

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":22ng5xp1 said:
I'd seriously send Favre's agent a thank-you card to pass on to him if this came true.

Roland have you heard a good counter argument to why he hasn't received ANY coaching interviews the past 2-3 years? I've said in the past I'm torn on Bevell. He has a very high ceiling but seems to have a really low floor as well so I can see why people love him and hate him. He sort of gives ammo to both.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
IF they need to replace bevell, they should try to call Paul Chryst or Dana Bible. They both have familiarity with Wilson in their programs at NC State and Wisconsin.

We don't know how Wilson would look in another offensive system other than Bevell's in the NFL. As much as Bevell gets criticized by us (myself included), how much does Bevell have to adjust his playcalling to Wilson's limits, and the limits of our o line and below average receiving corps. I'd hate to see another coordinator try to do this, because believe it or not, our offense could look a lot worse than it does now. Bevell's familiarity with our team and personnel isn't something we should overlook and discard. He's built a rapport with Wilson, something that would be torn down and take time to rebuild if someone else took over. Just my two cents

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2w1ert29 said:
McGruff":2w1ert29 said:
Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.

The reason you listed above and the fact that he hasn't warranted a single interview is telling to me. He should be getting interviews because of what you listed but he's still not. So for all the Bevell supporters(and I am at times) it's a tough objection to answer for. He should be a lead candidate for every job and as of late he isn't even thought of. Strange. Or maybe not? I really don't know.

How do we know if he has been interviewed or not? Do we know if he has turned any interview offers down? Or are we talking about "facts" when we don't really know????

Ozzy

Reaction score
Because its common knowledge when they do get interviewed or do you think Bevell unlike everyone else, keeps it a secret? Word travels fast in NFL circles and we really DO know.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":hzwc3po3 said:
Because its common knowledge when they do get interviewed or do you think Bevell unlike everyone else, keeps it a secret? Word travels fast in NFL circles and we really DO know.

So that's what passes for facts and argument points. Because we did not hear anything it must not have happened. Because the media always is on top of everything. Right. So we know everything that goes on in the coaching world. Okay then I guess you are right. Common knowledge is something we read of off the internet.....

Ozzy

Reaction score
You're kidding right? Do you not follow the NFL? Any time anyone is interviewed everyone knows about it. I'm honestly baffled you keep fighting this point when you are clearly wrong. Continue being snarky though in hopes it makes your point stronger I guess....

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
austinslater25":2p092n1p said:
You're kidding right? Do you not follow the NFL? Any time anyone is interviewed everyone knows about it. I'm honestly baffled you keep fighting this point when you are clearly wrong. Continue being snarky though in hopes it makes your point stronger I guess....

Being snarky make does make me feel better. Yup, clearly wrong. You obviously did not read my post. We DONT know everything going on and maybe he turned an interview down before it started.... You just keep listing to the media and believing everything you hear (or don't hear) and regurgitate what they say as facts.

With that said maybe he has not been given a chance. But I don't know either way so I will not conjecture on what I don't know.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Lol if he gets interviewed we will know about it. If other teams are interested we will know about it. Not sure how you don't know he interviewed a couple of times 3-4 years ago but wasn't selected.