Favre suggests Bevell for Rams

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1vwi5ctn said:
IF they need to replace bevell, they should try to call Paul Chryst or Dana Bible. They both have familiarity with Wilson in their programs at NC State and Wisconsin.

We don't know how Wilson would look in another offensive system other than Bevell's in the NFL. As much as Bevell gets criticized by us (myself included), how much does Bevell have to adjust his playcalling to Wilson's limits, and the limits of our o line and below average receiving corps. I'd hate to see another coordinator try to do this, because believe it or not, our offense could look a lot worse than it does now. Bevell's familiarity with our team and personnel isn't something we should overlook and discard. He's built a rapport with Wilson, something that would be torn down and take time to rebuild if someone else took over. Just my two cents
But we do know. Russ played in 2 different systems in college and set records.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I could see Bevell getting some serious consideration.

Definitely think the Rams are going to go offensive coordinator to try and fix their putrid offense, so after guys like McDaniels and Shanahan, Bevell would be the next level of interviews.

Plus Bevell has intimate knowledge of what makes the Hawks tick, that has value.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":6jao6qgx said:

Definitely think the Rams are going to go offensive coordinator to try and fix their putrid offense, so after guys like McDaniels and Shanahan, Bevell would be the next level of interviews.

Plus Bevell has intimate knowledge of what makes the Hawks tick, that has value.

Not that that the Rams needed that kind of intel as of late:(

sutz

Reaction score
austinslater25":myj9drm0 said:
Lol if he gets interviewed we will know about it. If other teams are interested we will know about it. Not sure how you don't know he interviewed a couple of times 3-4 years ago but wasn't selected.
Wasn't selected or declined the offers? That's what we don't know. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Year of The Hawk":1siw9ww3 said:
Sgt. Largent":1siw9ww3 said:

Not that that the Rams needed that kind of intel as of late:(

Good point.

But this is the night we right the ship!

Own The West

Reaction score

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Own The West":38d9j7ss said:
Largent80":38d9j7ss said:
RolandDeschain":38d9j7ss said:
This little 60-second video by Chris Simms is more in line with my thoughts regarding our OC.

https://www.facebook.com/bleacherreport ... 937351006/

Chris Simms?...Hahahahaha, dude couldn't play worth a crap and is now to be considered someone we should listen to?....sorry.....NO.

Interesting. So we should only listen to HOF talents like yourself?

Largent isn't wrong. Most disappointing analyst currently doing NFL games.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
still not clear - is Farve suggesting that Bevell go there without us having to give two draft pics to send him away?

Early Christmas. Never wanted a Farve jersey until now....

OP
OP
nash72

nash72

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2de7484y said:
Largent80":2de7484y said:
Favres junk for head coach.

Now that you mention it..... every memory I have of Favre is him running for his life and making something happen..... Or getting smashed....

Just like Russell Wilson

Uncle Si

Reaction score

razor150

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3dh2qhzx said:
Largent80":3dh2qhzx said:
RolandDeschain":3dh2qhzx said:
This little 60-second video by Chris Simms is more in line with my thoughts regarding our OC.

Chris Simms?...Hahahahaha, dude couldn't play worth a crap and is now to be considered someone we should listen to?....sorry.....NO.

Ever see Pete Carrol play football?

A lot of coaches are guys who as players didn't have a lot of talent, probably because the success they get is premeditated on how well they know the game and the fundamentals of it. There aren't a lot of talented players who become coaches.

rigelian

Reaction score
Bevell was interviewed in December 2014 for the Raiders job. That was that far back.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
razor150":3ezem1iv said:
Uncle Si":3ezem1iv said:
Largent80":3ezem1iv said:
RolandDeschain":3ezem1iv said:

Ever see Pete Carrol play football?

A lot of coaches are guys who as players didn't have a lot of talent, probably because the success they get is premeditated on how well they know the game and the fundamentals of it. There aren't a lot of talented players who become coaches.

Right and agreed... which is why discounting Chris Simms suggestions on something because he "couldn't play worth a crap" isn't quite fair.

themunn

Reaction score
McGruff":1ru1hxpp said:
Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.

Maybe. But then Bevell and Favre would have worked together directly from 2000-2005 at GB and 2009-10 at MIN. Pretty certain if you're floating the name of someone you worked with for 8 seasons you're doing it for more than the 3 reasons above.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
themunn":2mr2q7n1 said:
McGruff":2mr2q7n1 said:
Bevell has had his name floated in virtually every article about candidates. There are two valid reasons for that, and one invalid reason.

1. They want an OC of a successfull offense. Despite his critics, Bevell has a long term proven track record of top 10 offensive production.

2. They want someone with a history of getting the most out of young QBS. Bevell success with Wilson and getting something resemin QB play out of Ponder says something about his acumen there.

3. They want someone LIKE Pete carroll. The assumption is that since Bevell has been here, he must be like Carroll. But Bevell is nothing like Carroll. Pete is passionate and enthusiastic to a fault. Bevell is calculating and cerebral and, well, boring.

Maybe. But then Bevell and Favre would have worked together directly from 2000-2005 at GB and 2009-10 at MIN. Pretty certain if you're floating the name of someone you worked with for 8 seasons you're doing it for more than the 3 reasons above.

Whatever BF's reasonings, that's high praise for DB coming from possibly the biggest name in NFL history.

Rare air there.