Feel better today about things moving forward

mikeak

Reaction score
stang233":2qj6fwo0 said:
The fact that the hawks opted to release him and pay him rather then let him retire and pay the franchise back means if he wants to play again it will be in a hawks uni.

Option 3 was him not retiring (which he wouldn't have done) staying on the roster and being paid his full salary (which Seahawks wouldn't have done)

There was never an option to not cutting him. We weren't nice or mean. We simply did the only thing the situation could result in

Why do people think an injured player would retire over not playing due to injury?

D

DomeHawk

ImTheScientist":3lsb9tc4 said:
chris98251":3lsb9tc4 said:
ImTheScientist":3lsb9tc4 said:
I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Drink the whole Case yourself in celebration.

Everyone’s career comes to an end. When teams hold onto players too long the team becomes stagnant. What do you think the Patriots constantly do? Doug was great Seahawk but he won’t be in 2019, and his season last year was injury filled. Is what it is. All these moves are encouraging for the future of the team.

I’m going to go back to watching DK Metcalf highlights and avoid your attempted troll of me.

Go Hawks!!

I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too. It feels like we are doing a very good job of covering our needs.

And, don't worry about worry about Chris trolling you, that's his hobby, he's a cranky old fart. It would be nice if he could take advantage of some of those activities down at the senior center or maybe get one of those little doggies that old people seem to like so much.

toffee

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3rxs710k said:
ImTheScientist":3rxs710k said:
chris98251":3rxs710k said:
ImTheScientist":3rxs710k said:
I haven’t felt this good about the team moving forward since the 2012 season. While people mourn the loss of Baldwin I look at it as turning the page.

Trading Clark, drafting DK Metcalf, signing Ansah, and cutting Baldwin all have me really excited for what’s to come.

Yeah shows your true demeanor being happy a player like Baldwin is cut after everything he has done here.

Everyone’s career comes to an end. When teams hold onto players too long the team becomes stagnant. What do you think the Patriots constantly do? Doug was great Seahawk but he won’t be in 2019, and his season last year was injury filled. Is what it is. All these moves are encouraging for the future of the team.

I’m going to go back to watching DK Metcalf highlights and avoid your attempted troll of me.

Go Hawks!!

I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too. It feels like we are doing a very good job of covering our needs.

And, don't worry about worry about Chris trolling you, that's his hobby, he's a cranky old fart. It would be nice if he could take advantage of some of those activities down at the senior center or maybe get one of those little doggies that old people seem to like so much.

Cranky may be, but I don't think Chris is that old.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
DomeHawk":3g67d5a3 said:
I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too.

The vast majority here didn't spend the last year or two giving off a vibe of damn near WANTING Baldwin to be done because they predicted it years earlier and wanted a chance to say "I told you so". Just look at his posting history.

If it happens, it happens, and I agree Baldwin was deadweight on the roster and Seattle made a necessary move. But I'm strongly opposed to rooting against players.

D

DomeHawk

MontanaHawk05":2yfl7egi said:
DomeHawk":2yfl7egi said:
I totally agree with you and I am sure the vast majority here agree with you too.

The vast majority here didn't spend the last year or two giving off a vibe of damn near WANTING Baldwin to be done because they predicted it years earlier and wanted a chance to say "I told you so". Just look at his posting history.

If it happens, it happens, and I agree Baldwin was deadweight on the roster and Seattle made a necessary move. But I'm strongly opposed to rooting against players.

I can't imagine why anyone would root against ADB but everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why it is called a "forum."

As for rooting against players I support that for college players, for professionals, not so much. It's a business and this is what you signed up for.

mrt144

Reaction score
DomeHawk":20e2wg8g said:
MontanaHawk05":20e2wg8g said:
DomeHawk":20e2wg8g said:

I can't imagine why anyone would root against ADB but everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's why it is called a "forum."

As for rooting against players I support that for college players, for professionals, not so much. It's a business and this is what you signed up for.

They signed up for ghoulish fans?

I think fans and entertainers need couples counseling.

D

DomeHawk

mrt144":z2q86e99 said:
DomeHawk":z2q86e99 said:
MontanaHawk05":z2q86e99 said:
DomeHawk":z2q86e99 said:

I am not sure what you mean by "ghoulish" fans but fans can support a professional player 100% and he will jump ship at the first big contract another team offers him.

Like I said, it's a business.

toffee

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1tuu5ij7 said:
mrt144":1tuu5ij7 said:
DomeHawk":1tuu5ij7 said:
MontanaHawk05":1tuu5ij7 said:

I am not sure what you mean by "ghoulish" fans but fans can support a professional player 100% and he will jump ship at the first big contract another team offers him.

Like I said, it's a business.
This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":16x3s08v said:
DomeHawk":16x3s08v said:

Yo brotha.... we are all on the same team here. No reason to get so angry. Ignore the trolls. That’s what I do.

Go Hawks!

Rat

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":2rrrpkew said:
MontanaHawk05":2rrrpkew said:
DomeHawk":2rrrpkew said:

Yo brotha.... we are all on the same team here. No reason to get so angry. Ignore the trolls. That’s what I do.

Go Hawks!

Yeah, your signature ripping on someone for something they said seven years ago is clearly indicative of somebody with that capability.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3mqw9dz2 said:
ImTheScientist":3mqw9dz2 said:

Dude you really need to tone down it down . You don't have to be so confrontational .

Seymour

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":i8o66pt1 said:
chris98251":i8o66pt1 said:
ImTheScientist":i8o66pt1 said:

Dude you really need to tone down it down . You don't have to be so confrontational .

Actually he does. He seems to have a slight woody for Baldwin and went after me in similar fashion when I pointed out before anyone else he sounded like he was wearing down and discouraged from the surgeries. :roll:

quadsas

Reaction score
Last year felt like 2012, somehow this one feels even more like it. Should be a fun watch, and by fun I mean nail bitting like in 2012/2013/2014. Kinda felt the lack of stressful games past few seasons

chris98251

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":33fg1vm4 said:
chris98251":33fg1vm4 said:
ImTheScientist":33fg1vm4 said:

Tone it down? look at my Signature, if you can't take the heat don't come in the kitchen, take your PC I am special and everyone gets a participation trophy and all that and put it in a place that someone cares.

When a person here celebrates a player such as Baldwin Retiring I do have issues, it's along the lines of wishing injuries on players in my book.

This is me and I have been this way for what almost 20 years here, don't like it feel free not to read it.

chris98251

Reaction score
Seymour":8h84wmgn said:
Northwest Seahawk":8h84wmgn said:
chris98251":8h84wmgn said:
ImTheScientist":8h84wmgn said:

Actually he does. He seems to have a slight woody for Baldwin and went after me in similar fashion when I pointed out before anyone else he sounded like he was wearing down and discouraged from the surgeries. :roll:

Well we also know that some around here have skin as soft as a babies bottom.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I'm going to miss Baldwin. It wasn't just his on field stuff but his sideline demeanor and fire. We needed that on the offensive side of the ball. On field, I think Lockett will take his place. He's mostly the same player with better straight line speed and not quite as quick side to side. Metcalf is an intriguing prospect and I'm actually excited about David Moore. He is also a size/speed freak and he should improve from last year with another camp under his belt after more playing time. Plus he has confidence that he can produce in the regular season, so if he puts the work in we could be looking at Moore, Metcalf and Lockett as a starting 3. That has a LOT of potential and a high ceiling. We also have a solid RB stable, and the OL looks to be consistently good for the first time in forever.

On defense I'm worried about our pass rush. With the Al Woods signing, we're going to be good against the run and have a good rotation, but we're going to need a couple of guys on the roster to step up. I'm ambivalent on the Ansah signing. I don't think we overpaid but he hasn't been consistent for 2 years.

I never really worry about our secondary with Pete. We drafted a good young safety, still have McDougald and competition at FS. CB's are going to be interesting and we don't have a proven solution at Nickle CB but the outsides should improve with experience. LBer looks to be pretty good as well, so our defense should be at least as good as last year.

mikeak

Reaction score
chris98251":3ddkyvbd said:
Northwest Seahawk":3ddkyvbd said:
chris98251":3ddkyvbd said:
ImTheScientist":3ddkyvbd said:

Tone it down? look at my Signature, if you can't take the heat don't come in the kitchen, take your PC I am special and everyone gets a participation trophy and all that and put it in a place that someone cares.

When a person here celebrates a player such as Baldwin Retiring I do have issues, it's along the lines of wishing injuries on players in my book.

This is me and I have been this way for what almost 20 years here, don't like it feel free not to read it.

Going to step into this for some dumb reason

Turning the page is very different from celebrating

I read the OP as one era has ended -- the one that had Sherman, Earl, Baldwin, Avril, Bennet and others in it. While most of them were defensive guys Baldwin and his contract was part of the same group. Baldwin had a great career here and it should be celebrated for what he did. However with injuries and the size of his contract him ending his career was better for his long term future and for the team long term.

So thanks for what you provided and now we are excited about the incoming rookies playing at low salaries allowing the team to play elsewhere. We are excited about what looks like good caliber receivers from the draft and hope to have an explosive offense.

That is turning the page

Very different from - YES BALDWIN RETIRED I AM SO HAPPY

D

DomeHawk

chris98251":1taexu16 said:
Northwest Seahawk":1taexu16 said:
chris98251":1taexu16 said:
ImTheScientist":1taexu16 said:

It has nothing to do with being thin-skinned or being politically correct, as several others have mentioned here, you are making personal attacks and/or responding inappropriately to things that haven't even been said or implied.

When I first came on the board you PM'ed me and said I had to at least have 1,000 posts before anything I wrote was credible. That is complete BS. The amount of posts you have doesn't mean jack, your status here is only dependent on the contributions you make to the discussion, something you seem to want to disrupt at every opportunity.

Seymour

Reaction score
^^^^^^^
Great post DomeHawk! What a load of crap. Doesn't matter if you have 10 posts or 10,000 posts. It's about content, relating to others here, and using you own brain to determine if you agree or relate to what is being said or not. In fact some of the better posts I've read I disagreed with, but they were thought out and articulated well enough for me to re-consider my own view. :2thumbs:

Latest posts