Feels good to use our tight ends

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I am very confused as to your qualifications for dink and dunk and why the direct center of the field holds such a dear place in your heart. Especially since it's the hands down most agreed upon place of the field by any QB coach ever to be the most dangerous to throw into.
Russell Wilson is an interesting player. He does certain things better than almost every QB in the NFL and in certain other areas, Wilson hasn't progressed much since college.

Wilson has struggled his whole career to pass up the middle of the field. If you look at his heat map throughout his career as a passer -- the middle is almost completely empty. There was only one sole acception and that was in 2015. He's limited in certain regards as a passer.

Polk738

Reaction score
Russell Wilson is an interesting player. He does certain things better than almost every QB in the NFL and in certain other areas, Wilson hasn't progressed much since college.

Wilson has struggled his whole career to pass up the middle of the field. If you look at his heat map throughout his career as a passer -- the middle is almost completely empty. There was only one sole acception and that was in 2015. He's limited in certain regards as a passer.
I'd definitely agree with that, and I think a lot of it has to do with his height and not being able to see over his lineman-it would also explain why at times he would abandon the pocket early and keep his eyes downfield to make a play.

olyfan63

Reaction score
It's ok Frodo's, I'm sure plenty people on here hate me, and that's ok, It's just a message board.
Sorry, I can't get anywhere near "hate" for you; my emotional meter maxes out on the neg side at amused indifference, but with numerous spikes way into the pos side. All I know is you are a passionate, true-blue Seahawks fan regardless of whether I agree with every sentence you ever write. Agreed, it's just a message board.

toffee

Reaction score
Monday night was pressure cooker for Pete, Russ and less extend Geno. Of the three, Geno came out the best, for one game, Geno is amongst the top ranked QB. Grading wise, Geno is paling with Allen and Mahomes, fancy companies for lowly Geno. Between Pete and Russ, Russ is the worse off, he was far from his A games, and he was lucky that he wasn't picked twice. Emotion and expectation clearly gotten to him.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
It was weird.

Russ was throwing to the TE and to the RBs. And he was throwing screens.
We were throwing to the TEs, and really not running the ball near as much as passing.
Basically, all the things our HC and old QB supposedly didn't/couldn't do? They were doing.
And oddly, Wilson seems unable to throw passes to the WRs, he was getting dominated by rookies CBs.
I was very shocked to see a screen from him but it was the same screen to the same RB
over n over.
His legs are dead so he needed to do something that every other QB has been doing.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Exactly.

Also, there's nothing sweeter than fine tight end game...

Loved watching Zach Miller smash dudes, and his ability to get open was legit.
i liked his roll on the ground "for a block" to just get up and get a TD play