Fellow fans: Does losing hurt more than winning feels Good?

Jeremy517

Reaction score
If losing hurts more than winning feels good for you, then you should stop watching sports.

There are 32 teams in the NFL and only one Super Bowl. 97% of fans will have their team's season end in disappointment. If championships are evenly distributed, you'll get to celebrate once every 32 years. If losing hurts more than winning feels good for you, then sports just aren't worth it for you.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I try not to compare the 2. Sometimes I do find myself helping wonder what could have been had we won 2 in a row. I mean that's a feat rarely ever challenged. Matter of fact, just making it back to back in superbowls is so hard now.

However, 48 is 48. The butt kicking we gave the broncos will forever hold a special place in my heart.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":37y0bhan said:
I am an original '76 fan and no way in hell does 49 ruin 48. I've waited all too long for that W to let some ridiculous ending destroy what I waited 37 years for. Yes, 49 was a major piss off, but 48 was a lifelong dream come true.
So much this!

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Can only answer as a 9ers fan, but there's upsides to both of them.

As a fan of a team, when you're team is winning it's all high stakes and really gets the juices flowing.

As a fan of the game, when you're team really sucks -- as the 9ers have for awhile -- it's really fun to just enjoy and watch football without all the anxiety of being worried about winning or losing. For these last few years while the 9ers sucked I've found I have more mental space to really try to follow strategy across a game and how individual players are performing and so on because I knew my team was probably gonna lose anyway so I didn't need to concern myself with the whole emotional side of winning or losing.

HawkerD

Reaction score
per wikipedia: In cognitive psychology and decision theory, loss aversion refers to people's tendency to prefer avoiding losses to acquiring equivalent gains: it is better to not lose $5 than to find $5.

Seymour

Reaction score
HawkerD":wmo391mg said:
per wikipedia: In cognitive psychology and decision theory, loss aversion refers to people's tendency to prefer avoiding losses to acquiring equivalent gains: it is better to not lose $5 than to find $5.

So if you lose $5.00 then find it, you are basically in the hole then? :twisted: