Fieldgulls: Justin Britt's excellent performance vs. DEN

bigskydoc

Reaction score
THE TABS":1v4slhyu said:
Ethan Pocic should be our center, and we should have brought in two new guards to rebuild the interior line so that we can compete with the Rams.

Hey, uh, Pete, John, we have Tom Cable calling on line 2 here.

sutz

Reaction score
THE TABS":1x9t5i9y said:
Justin Britt is to the Seahawks what Mike Zunino is to the Mariners. People like to pump him up and sell him as being good, but he’s just NOT THAT GOOD.

Resigning him to that extension was a big mistake. Ethan Pocic should be our center, and we should have brought in two new guards to rebuild the interior line so that we can compete with the Rams.
One of our problems with the O-line over the last few years was that we were replacing 3-4 players every season, and moving them around when we got them.

Britt had a down season precisely because we put two new guards on either side of him.

Yeah, let's keep doing the same thing over and over. I'm sure it will get better. :34853_doh:

THE TABS

Reaction score
sutz":qso4b2wb said:
One of our problems with the O-line over the last few years was that we were replacing 3-4 players every season, and moving them around when we got them.

Britt had a down season precisely because we put two new guards on either side of him.

Yeah, let's keep doing the same thing over and over. I'm sure it will get better. :34853_doh:

You mean spending cheap on retread linemen that have failed elsewhere, that kind of repetitive process?

Andrew Norwell was an all-pro guard last year and was available as a free agent. I would have signed him, and spent our 1st rounder on Will Hernandez. With Pocic at center, our interior line would have been exponentially better, and would have given us a chance to compete against the Rams.

We chose to do nothing instead. After tonight, I’m bracing for a return to mediocrity. Feels like the 90s Erickson years all over again.