FIFA Corruption

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seabhac":1jvjvkb6 said:
Make no mistake - the events that are unfolding and that will continue to unfold in the coming months/years are going to shape Football for the rest of our lives.

Many "what ifs" here.

What if the top 50 Footballing nations were to form their own Association?
What if the Nations were divided into tiers based on factors such as leagues / popularity / Revenue etc.
Countries with Professional Leagues get priority ?
Average attendance factors in?

To me - the countries with top leagues should be driving football. Nations such as the Faroe Islands, Lichtenstein and San Moreno (and FFS QATAR) shoud not have the same voting power as England, Italy or Spain.

World Cup in Qatar is a DUMB idea. It makes as much sense as having a Superbowl in Mumbai in July.
Or letting Morocco host the Winter Olympics.

All solid points....while this is all under the scope, can we throw in Argentina's soccer leagues? Unbelievable...

http://www.outsideonline.com/1924266/beautiful-game

http://www.academia.edu/2745706/Corruption_and_Politics_in_Argentine_Soccer (not mine, btw)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":qgtxje0g said:
Sgt. Largent":qgtxje0g said:

Your move FBI and Swiss authorities..

Blatter is the figure head of a corrupt organization. Rotten to its core.

They will start turning on each other if the FBI tightens the grip

I hope you're right, but I think the only way Blatter is ousted and FIFA cleans up it's act is if the change comes from the soccer world itself............like UEFA and other top associations start boycotting and standing up to FIFA.

Seabhac

Reaction score
OK - Lets see if UEFA will use the Nuclear option!!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2rov78sv said:
Uncle Si":2rov78sv said:
Sgt. Largent":2rov78sv said:

Your move FBI and Swiss authorities..

Blatter is the figure head of a corrupt organization. Rotten to its core.

They will start turning on each other if the FBI tightens the grip

I hope you're right, but I think the only way Blatter is ousted and FIFA cleans up it's act is if the change comes from the soccer world itself............like UEFA and other top associations start boycotting and standing up to FIFA.

Why would UEFA now show some resolve? Blatter and FIFA are no weaker in the soccer world than before.

However, there are 14 potential informants on their way to the US for interrogation. I don't think its much to hope for that a few would prefer spilling to jail time

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1ebzc0ld said:
Why would UEFA now show some resolve? Blatter and FIFA are no weaker in the soccer world than before.

However, there are 14 potential informants on their way to the US for interrogation. I don't think its much to hope for that a few would prefer spilling to jail time

...........and here they are.

CGJwAu1UIAA7GKM

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Somethings gotta give. No chance in hell will the club leagues have their season disrupted in 2022 to have the World Cup played in Winter in Qatar. Far too much tv money at stake with those leagues. You'll find either the top players will stay at home to help their club teams (who pay their salaries) in turn making the competition pointless (everyone wants to see the best perform) or nations will start to resign from the tournament in protest.

I expect the tournament to me moved to either England or the U.S.

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Expect the lawsuits to start coming in. Australia has already said they want compensated if it's played in Winter. They don't have much power (new leagues, reminds me of MLS 10-15 years ago).

Fox will also be very unhappy. They paid a decent amount to broadcast the tournament in America. However, it's going to clash with both Football season, Christmas Tv and the 2022 winter Olympics. Other than baseball and some MLS, there isn't a lot of great sport during the summer and so the World Cup fits nicely. For it to move to winter and compete with Football and the other winter sports will kill ratings.

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3bk754dw said:
Fox will also be very unhappy. They paid a decent amount to broadcast the tournament in America. However, it's going to clash with both Football season, Christmas Tv and the 2022 winter Olympics. Other than baseball and some MLS, there isn't a lot of great sport during the summer and so the World Cup fits nicely. For it to move to winter and compete with Football and the other winter sports will kill ratings.
Which is why FIFA gave Fox the US rights to the '26 World Cup at the same rates as the '22 World Cup without opening it up to bid by other broadcasters.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Maulbert":2fsqqexf said:
I don't really care enough about soccer to take the piss out of Blatter.

Comes to soccer thread to say he doesn't care about soccer. :34853_doh:

Seabhac

Reaction score
SeatownJay":2e3pvpfr said:
This is brilliant.

[youtube]qr6ar3xJL_Q[/youtube]

Could Jack Warner really be that stupid!!
(yes)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Yes. Clearly.

It's not even stupidity, its impunity. these fellows live in a world they created for themselves, free of accountability, retribution or even challenge. I don't think a one of them as any idea the trouble they may actually be in.

When they do, I've a feeling names, dates, numbers and etc. will come streaming from their mouths

OP
OP
SeatownJay

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Looks like next year's Copa America in the US may be a victim of the scandal.

But with the ongoing investigation into alleged corruption, bribery and racketeering at FIFA, plus soccer officials who organized this tournament in North and South America facing serious charges, it seems like the 2016 Copa America Centenario taking place is in serious jeopardy.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2015 ... cancelled/