Finley used Peyton Manning neck injury as leverage (Rumor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Are the injuries exactly the same? Do they play the same position? Did they have the same level of impact/production pre-injury?

Makes no sense.

joeshaney

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":qnynlp33 said:
Are the injuries exactly the same? Do they play the same position? Did they have the same level of impact/production pre-injury?

Makes no sense.

They both had spinal fusion surgery.
It may not make "perfect" sense, but to say it makes no sense is silly.
It is in Finley's best interest for him to do anything possible to prove he is back in game shape (outside of lying).

It would make no sense if he didn't use manning's surgery as an example of how his might be a success as well.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Wilson would make an amazing TE. He'd silence his critics with hard work and pave the way for all future miniature TEs.

MVP53

Reaction score
BlueBlood":34kxoi77 said:
According to my buddy his conversation with Kearse about Finley included a negotiation tactic that included mentioning Manning and his recovery from neck surgery as leverage to get a multi-year contract and ease concern about about his back but seattle didn't bite but that they are still negotiating the contract.

Take it for what it's worth, I could just keep it to myself but I'd rather share for those that are interested.

Personally, on 1 year prov-it deal is the way I'd want to sign the guy.

* Added (Rumor) to the title to signify this is not a reported fact, but a rumor - RockHawk

Well, of course Finley & his agent are using Manning as an example of a player who successfully recovered from a similar injury. I'd be rather surprised if they didn't.

That said, I really don't think the terms "leverage" & "negotiation tactic" are being used appropriately here.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
joeshaney":298drqcc said:
Coug_Hawk08":298drqcc said:

Makes no sense.

They both had spinal fusion surgery.
It may not make "perfect" sense, but to say it makes no sense is silly.
It is in Finley's best interest for him to do anything possible to prove he is back in game shape (outside of lying).

It would make no sense if he didn't use manning's surgery as an example of how his might be a success as well.

This isn't a sprained ankle we are talking about. Its not textbook in and out for any given player. To think their situations are the same or even very similar just because they both had a spinal fusion, I think is silly. Its generalizing a very serious injury, treatment, as well as outcome.

Does Manning run routes over the middle of the field, is he asked to block beasts down in and down out? How it affects peyton manning, greatest QB of all time, is extremely different from a middling TE. I get what he is trying to do. But, its not the same situation, just because they both had a fusion. Its not a strong argument.

joeshaney

Reaction score
No one is debating that Peyton Manning = J Finley OR that their situation is similar.

I do, however, guarantee that the Seahawks biggest concern is the health (neck) of Finley. For them to not discuss the surgery would be retarded. These players may not heal the same and may not be asked to do the same thing on the field, but the success rate of these surgeries for NFL players WILL be a serious part of negotiations. Manning provides only one example. All other relevant examples will be examined as well.

These guys know what their doing.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
bigtrain21":8nn3zg7s said:
The OP is not to be a trusted source just as an FYI to anyone who hasn't followed along. He called Bennett an idiot before we signed him and then after taking quite a bit of heat made up some ridiculous story of how Bennett was mean to his little boy.

He posted this in the other Finley thread. This is just an example, I could take more time to show what a fraud he is but this is enough. Basically he ran with the Incarcerated Bob report which is of course laughable.

BlueBlood":8nn3zg7s said:
Incoherent Bob isn't the only one saying this. My buddy knows Jermaine Kearse and got a text from him saying that it's done. He forwarded the text to me so know it's just a matter of trusting my friend who could've easily doctored the text but I doubt it..

"J-Fin coming in Bro its a done deal"

Take it with salt if need be but I believe this is legit 100%

Hmmm.. weren't you the one trying to prove that Reggie Wayne was using Stickum?

Not that I care what BlueBlood has to say but he does give warnings on whether to believe his infomation or not.

Its just like all the cynical buttfaces in the Jared Allen in town thread, just people were sharing infomation that he was in town, and then you got other posters acting like douches to those posters just because there wasn't an actual official statement saying Allen was... then lo and behold... Jared Allen was actually in town.

Ultimately... who cares... if Blueblood wants to share this infomation that he believes is 100% true, let him.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":1n608zc0 said:
bigtrain21":1n608zc0 said:
The OP is not to be a trusted source just as an FYI to anyone who hasn't followed along. He called Bennett an idiot before we signed him and then after taking quite a bit of heat made up some ridiculous story of how Bennett was mean to his little boy.

He posted this in the other Finley thread. This is just an example, I could take more time to show what a fraud he is but this is enough. Basically he ran with the Incarcerated Bob report which is of course laughable.

BlueBlood":1n608zc0 said:
Incoherent Bob isn't the only one saying this. My buddy knows Jermaine Kearse and got a text from him saying that it's done. He forwarded the text to me so know it's just a matter of trusting my friend who could've easily doctored the text but I doubt it..

Not that I care what BlueBlood has to say, he give warnings on whether to believe his infomation or not.

Its just like all the cynical buttfaces in the Jared Allen in town thread, just people were sharing infomation that he was in town, and then acting like douches to those posters just because their wasn't an actual official statement saying he was... then lo and behold... Jared Allen was actually in town.

Ultimately... who cares... if Blueblood wants to share this infomation that he believes is 100% true, let him.

No I didnt say anything about Reggie Wayne.

As far as Finley using that leverage he is trying to procure a big contract (for his position) based on his self evaluation of the talent he believes he has. IMO he is nowhere near the caliber of player Peyton is so for him to think he has "nothing" to prove is ridiculous. If hes thinking 5 years 50 million or something then hes a bafoon.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2srh7deb said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2srh7deb said:
bigtrain21":2srh7deb said:

BlueBlood":2srh7deb said:

Not that I care what BlueBlood has to say, he give warnings on whether to believe his infomation or not.

Its just like all the cynical buttfaces in the Jared Allen in town thread, just people were sharing infomation that he was in town, and then acting like douches to those posters just because their wasn't an actual official statement saying he was... then lo and behold... Jared Allen was actually in town.

No I didnt say anything about Reggie Wayne.

As far as Finley using that leverage he is trying to procure a big contract (for his position) based on his self evaluation of the talent he believes he has. IMO he is nowhere near the caliber of player Peyton is so for him to think he has "nothing" to prove is ridiculous. If hes thinking 5 years 50 million or something then hes a bafoon.

Not you I believe bigtrain was... I was actually sticking up for you BB.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":2c7gtahe said:

You see the mistake you made? Wow.

I still think Reggie Wayne was using stickum. The ball defied physics when he caught it and there was a sticky white substance on the glove and the ball.

I am really not sure what that has to do with anything. I posted pics and gifs in an attempt prove my point and some people agreed with me. He is posting baseless claims. If you want to hitch your wagon to that fraud be my guest though.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
BlueBlood":2fx7rwdk said:
Evil_Shenanigans":2fx7rwdk said:
We simply haven't fared all that well with these type of guys coming off major injuries. I keep thinking of Kellen Winslow when I think about him. Winslow was good but he surely was not 100% when he came here.

Kellen looked good in preseason but word was the guy wasnt meshing with his teammates and was kind of an asshole. That's why they let him go.
He wouldn't smoke the real stuff..The guys that did said "get that crap out of here" :mrgreen:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
bigtrain21":9gmuq1yn said:
Pandion Haliaetus":9gmuq1yn said:

I still think Reggie Wayne was using stickum. The ball defied physics when he caught it and there was a sticky white substance on the glove and the ball.

I am really not sure what that has to do with anything. I posted pics and gifs in an attempt prove my point and some people agreed with me. He is posting baseless claims. If you want to hitch your wagon to that fraud be my guest though.

I'm not hitching anything... I don't care one way or the other. If we get Finley fine, if we don't okay with me. The problem I have is the animosity you have towards the dude because he's sharing what he believes in and also telling people its up to them to believe.

If he's fabricating his info fine then call him a fraud, but I doubt someone would take their time to contrive such a plot, a defend his position over someone as non-essential as Jermichael Finley. But if he isn't then you kind of wasted you're time hating someone with little reason.

And so far its not like he's been completely false or completely true... we will see how this shake outs in the end but bottom line... it really doesn't matter if he's right or wrong does it... its just football
and if you absolutely have to feel that way about this situation... maybe you should think about getting off your highhorse.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3b5d6y16 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":3b5d6y16 said:

Baseless claim? Dude, I know a guy that knows a guy big deal. I posted that it need not be taken seriously if you dont want to believe it thats cool. What do I gain from making this up?

Also, I said Bennett was intellectually challenged and I based that opinion of him on an ACTUAL personal encounter. Would I have been more believed had I posted a picture of Bennett talking like a moron and then sourced #adamshefter?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":xidlskm1 said:
bigtrain21":xidlskm1 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":xidlskm1 said:

I'm not hitching anything... I don't care one way or the other. If we get Finley fine, if we don't okay with me. The problem I have is the animosity you have towards the dude because he's sharing what he believes in and also telling people its up to them to believe.

If he's fabricating his info fine then call him a fraud, but I doubt someone would take their time to contrive such a plot, a defend his position over someone as non-essential as Jermichael Finley. But if he isn't then you kind of wasted you're time hating someone with little reason.

And so far its not like he's been completely false or completely true... we will see how this shake outs in the end but bottom line... it really doesn't matter if he's right or wrong does it... its just football
and if you absolutely have to feel that way about this situation... maybe you should think about getting off your highhorse.

Get off my high horse? The guy bashed Bennett and called him an idiot and then when the heat got turned up on him by people in that thread he said Bennett was mean to his son or something of that sort. Does that sound reliable to you? He then stated a week ago that the deal with Finley was done which it clearly is not done. He is throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. I am simply pointing that out to people that may not have been following along. There is no high horse here because I am not acting superior to the guy. The guy is making stuff up and I am just letting people know he is full of crap.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
bigtrain21":1p561u2o said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1p561u2o said:
bigtrain21":1p561u2o said:
Pandion Haliaetus":1p561u2o said:

Get off my high horse? The guy bashed Bennett and called him an idiot and then when the heat got turned up on him by people in that thread he said Bennett was mean to his son or something of that sort. Does that sound reliable to you? He then stated a week ago that the deal with Finley was done which it clearly is not done. He is throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. I am simply pointing that out to people that may not have been following along. There is no high horse here because I am not acting superior to the guy. The guy is making stuff up and I am just letting people know he is full of crap.

I said I didnt like Bennett and people kept asking why dont you like him? At that point I shared a REAL encounter and stick by what I said. Hes not my type of guy but Im glad hes a Seahawk.

BigTrain really needs to get off his high horse (@adamschefter)

bigtrain21

Reaction score
BlueBlood":si61c05w said:
I said I didnt like Bennett and people kept asking why dont you like him? At that point I shared a REAL encounter and stick by what I said. Hes not my type of guy but Im glad hes a Seahawk.

You are so full of it. So he was mean to your son but you are glad he is a Seahawk. Nice. What a set of priorities there fella. It didn't happen. Admit it and we can be done with it. No one is gonna fault you for making it up because you were just trying to quiet all the heat on you.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3juxnjig said:
He is throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. I am simply pointing that out to people that may not have been following along. There is no high horse here because I am not acting superior to the guy. The guy is making stuff up and I am just letting people know he is full of crap.

:34853_doh:

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2l8i5dqb said:
BlueBlood":2l8i5dqb said:

You are so full of it. So he was mean to your son but you are glad he is a Seahawk. Nice. What a set of priorities there fella. It didn't happen. Admit it and we can be done with it. No one is gonna fault you for making it up because you were just trying to quiet all the heat on you.

He wasnt mean to my son, hes just not SMART buddy.. Ya know those types of people dont you? I said I dont like him and I had my reason but people persisted so I went into it.

Dude youre about as insecure as they come.

OP
OP
B

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I didnt mean to hurt your feeling Michael Ben eerrrrrrr Big Train

bigtrain21

Reaction score
BlueBlood":20kino94 said:
bigtrain21":20kino94 said:
BlueBlood":20kino94 said:

He wasnt mean to my son, hes just not SMART buddy.. Ya know those types of people dont you? I said I dont like him and I had my reason but people persisted so I went into it.

Dude youre about as insecure as they come.

So what exactly is not smart about Michael Bennett? Tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts