Fire Servais

Crizilla

Reaction score
and his 2 lame duck "director of hitting strategy" coaches. It's time for a change and I don't want to hear excuses. This goes way beyond what happened tonight. If it wasn't for some elite starting pitching that Scott probably didn't even have a role in developing, this would be a 90 loss team year in year out.

Chapow

Reaction score
Do you actually think this team, this group of players, is good enough to be a legit WS contender if only they had a different manager? Because I don't think they're even close.

That being said, sure, fire Servais. If they aren't going to do what it takes to build a team good enough to be a legit WS contender, it doesn't really matter anyway.

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
No body predicted world series this year. Nobody is saying this is a world series team with a new manager. You're missing the point completely. Just listen to Scott's post game. "Yeah we just didn't get it done tonight we should have won that game we are still trying to figure this out." It's always something along those lines. This is his 9th (?) freaking season here. He's had his time. It's like the guy doesn't know he's a manager. He doesn't know that it's in his hands or that he has the power to run things. He just throws guys out there and hopes for the best. Let me tell you that philosophy has never won any ball club a world series (or any sustained success). You have to MANAGE THE FREAKING GAME. You barely even see the guy do signs to his coaches and players. He's clueless. He stands in the dug out and does borderline NOTHING. He's a bench coach, not a manager.

He was already on the hot seat for the Ray debacle in the playoffs and so far this season we've seen absolutely NOTHING from him or his hitting coaches. I listen to 710 almost every day and not ONE TIME have I heard them talk to or talk about their hitting coaches. There's something seriously wrong with this staff. Blow it the FECK up.

If this was an east coast team fans would be rioting. Bring in an experienced guy who has balls and doesn't just stand there wagging his finger at opposing players (lol what a joke). Lou and Hargrove have been the only real managers this franchise have had. I'm pissed because the fans deserve better. Nobody is talking about world series. We want a team and staff that wants to win and who will show emotion and drive. That's what sports is all about. Lloyd McClendon > Scott Servais.

beastalamode

Reaction score
They've underperformed, so yeah I guess servais can go. But if we are talking sustained success, then he and dipoto never stood a chance against teams that have DOUBLE the payroll of the m's

Vesuve

Reaction score
Just listen to Scott's post game. "Yeah we just didn't get it done tonight we should have won that game we are still trying to figure this out." It's always something along those lines.
This statement is the story of Scott Servais's life.

Jase

Reaction score
I'm not so sure. Do you fire the waitress because the cooks don't have enough steaks? This is top-down, the ownership and upper-management needs to be held accountable. SS might not be the best and there's lots to be said about some of his questionable decisions, but he only has so much to work with.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If any firing needs to be made...it's Dipoto who should be canned. And that should have happened a couple years ago.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
If you fire the manager you need to have a replacement in mind. Who is that if you were making the selection?
My opinion for years now is that they need a manager who is “bigger” than than the “team”. And that man is Edgar Martinez…

The only other M’s manager with any legit success was Lou, and part of that reason was the fact that he was bigger than the players. He carried the clout and had the ultimate respect from the players. Scott may be respected as a good baseball man but will never have the clout or gravitas of a HOF’er.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
My opinion for years now is that they need a manager who is “bigger” than than the “team”. And that man is Edgar Martinez…

The only other M’s manager with any legit success was Lou, and part of that reason was the fact that he was bigger than the players. He carried the clout and had the ultimate respect from the players. Scott may be respected as a good baseball man but will never have the clout or gravitas of a HOF’er.
I'm not sure Edgar wants to manage. He was the M's hitting coach from 2015 to 2018 but left the team on his own to spend more time with his family.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure how a manager gets a bunch of .250 hitters or worse to
understand you have to hit better in the bigs..
None rightfully deserved an All-Star spot!

raisethe3

Reaction score
I am onboard for firing Servais.

The dude is incompetent at managing the game. Doesn't know when to take pitchers out or keep them in especially when they're doing well/horrible. Can't make adjustments when needed.

After making the playoffs last year, I was thinking Ms would improve on it somewhat or manage to squeak by making the playoffs again. But this....being a few games below .500 midway, it looks grim. Unacceptable. Look, I understand, we still got half the season to go. But its better to play to your potential/talents rather than waiting. No one wants to wait. Its time now that Ms start putting up consistency, and I expect that from winning to pitching and hitting. Is that too much to ask?!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I am onboard for firing Servais.

The dude is incompetent at managing the game. Doesn't know when to take pitchers out or keep them in especially when they're doing well/horrible. Can't make adjustments when needed.

After making the playoffs last year, I was thinking Ms would improve on it somewhat or manage to squeak by making the playoffs again. But this....being a few games below .500 midway, it looks grim. Unacceptable. Look, I understand, we still got half the season to go. But its better to play to your potential/talents rather than waiting. No one wants to wait. Its time now that Ms start putting up consistency, and I expect that from winning to pitching and hitting. Is that too much to ask?!
True. Servais could be better but let's not forget it wasn't him who signed AJ Pollock, Trevor Gott, Tommy LaStella and traded for Kolten Wong this offseason. The problem stems from somebody higher in the chain than Servais.

Latest posts