Fire Servais

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The chase rates and strikeout rates are unacceptable. What ever approaches these hitters are taking isn’t working in most cases.

Seems like every Mariners hitter starts out 0-2 the second they step in the box. Im a huge believer in “counts affect outcomes of at bats”, with Edgar and Griffey Jr being the rare exceptions to that rule.

Xxx

Reaction score
The chase rates and strikeout rates are unacceptable. What ever approaches these hitters are taking isn’t working in most cases.

Seems like every Mariners hitter starts out 0-2 the second they step in the box. Im a huge believer in “counts affect outcomes of at bats”, with Edgar and Griffey Jr being the rare exceptions to that rule.
Yeah it was really frustrating watching the lack of plate discipline despite the control the zone mantra

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Firing the manager isn't the solution when you're hitters are striking out at record rates. It should give you hint that you need a couple top tier bat's and a new hitting coach at minimum.

Welshers2

Reaction score
Uh yeah hes got to go. But they need to go spend as well. If they commit to big signings they can give him another year I guess. But they won't so try to mix it up and get something else working. A truly pathetic September

Ruminator

Reaction score
Hope there's hope for Julio to master plate discipline. I don't think I've ever cringed watching a Mariner batter's abject futility at the plate as much as I have him.

sutz

Reaction score
Hope there's hope for Julio to master plate discipline. I don't think I've ever cringed watching a Mariner batter's abject futility at the plate as much as I have him.
Too true. Such a great August and then lost it down the stretch. :(

Latest posts