First 2014 mock draft of the year

ivotuk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":31aajpbs said:
First mock draft of the year. Tried to be a bit different.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/2014-mock- ... h-december

Sam Bradford has had a tough time in St. Louis. Multiple offensive coordinators. Very little consistency. A dearth of weapons. And his huge pre-CBA contract has severely limited the Rams’ ability to really attack free agency. At the same time, he has one year left on his contract. And because he’s been earning so much these last four seasons — any extension will need to be massive. I don’t see how you can make that commitment. The Rams have the luxury of two picks and could even end up with the #1 choice. They need to consider taking Teddy Bridgewater.

All thoughts welcome.

Thank you sir :th2thumbs:

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I would like to see Seahawks invest a first round pick into the D-line and take a 3 tech DT or DT/DE hybrid type in the first round. they need more youth and length on inside of the D line in my opinion. Tony mcDaniel is doing a good job at collapsing the pocket becuase of his unusual size and length so i would like to see seattle get more players on the team with those attributes. I think the seahawks can find good prospects for the O-line and WR in rounds 2-7 but the decent DT/DE prospects go fairly early and won't make it to the seahawks second rd pick.

favorite players:
Rashede Hagemen DT-Minn.
Kony Ealy- DE- Mizz.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
kearly":j8gfbziz said:
Hasselbeck":j8gfbziz said:
Clowney and Watt is a downright frightening thought. The Texans can be the Chiefs next year with Clowney + a good QB (though I think Keenum should be that guy)

In the Texan's game tonight that just ended... Keenum just got benched at halftime again for Schaub. And this time, he deserved it. Then Schaub gets his team back in the game only to end with the following 3 plays in the final 3 minutes: near pick, actual pick, massive sack. As the clock runs and the game ends after said sack, Schaub has a non-ambiguous FML expression on his face.

Maybe the Texans could pass on QB with their first pick, but they HAVE TO draft a QB somewhere in this draft. This is the deepest QB class I have ever seen, and it's very strong at the top as well. IMO there is no way you stand put with Keenum and Schaub while a QB class like this passes on by.

And deep class or no, if the Texans GM passes on Bridgewater for anyone, even a 10+ sack a year DE, there is a very good chance it will look about as smart as when the Dolphins passed on Matt Ryan so they could get Jake Long and Chad Henne.

Well Schaub is as good as gone. He's owed a huge bonus, and.. yeah he's done. He arguably could have gone 11-5/12-4 again and still been a cap casualty in March.

I agree that they should go QB, but they can afford to take one in Round 2. You're more likely to find a good QB at 33 overall than a Jadeveon Clowney.