First two days of free agency? Jack crap on new players

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
New year, same bullshit.

Let’s wait for the better FAs to get signed and pick up a couple players that were good but are now so worn out or injury prone they won’t do anything here. Or others that weren’t even good enough on their last team to start but Pete’ll coach them up and thy will be great here. Add in the no names and the walking injured and we will have a pretty normal and standard off season for the Seahawks. Ugh.

sutz

Reaction score
I sense an air of dissatisfaction here. :twisted:

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
March 14-16 — Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2021 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 16. ... Prior to 4 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2022 on all players who have option clauses in their 2021 contracts.

So all these headlines are BS? Reed isn’t leaving? Great to know.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
sutz":3dnkhrxn said:

My mindset changed a few years back from assuming what PC and JS do was right and things just didn’t work out sometimes to what PC and JS do is wrong and they get lucky on rare occasion. I respect those who haven’t made the switch but many here have.

I am a Seahawks fan. Not a fan of individual players or coaches though i like many of them.

emurri

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":208fxtu6 said:
Free agency starts tomorrow. Relax.
So all of those agreements that happened the past few days aren’t real? All of these good players that have agreed to terms aren’t going to happen? This is just a ridiculous perspective to have. Dumb and dumber are just proving they have no plan and are going to continue to do business as usual like they have been doing for years now. This team will not succeed until these two idiots are gone. That’s just a fact.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":v4lxbzwp said:
sutz":v4lxbzwp said:

My mindset changed a few years back from assuming what PC and JS do was right and things just didn’t work out sometimes to what PC and JS do is wrong and they get lucky on rare occasion. I respect those who haven’t made the switch but many here have.

I am a Seahawks fan. Not a fan of individual players or coaches though i like many of them.

Both of your chosen biases are flawed and reveal a serious lack of critical thinking.

I won't be switching to either one. Having your respect is doubtful, but also irrelevant.

Go Hawks!

scutterhawk

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3p5o4t23 said:
New year, same $h!t.

Let’s wait for the better FAs to get signed and pick up a couple players that were good but are now so worn out or injury prone they won’t do anything here. Or others that weren’t even good enough on their last team to start but Pete’ll coach them up and thy will be great here. Add in the no names and the walking injured and we will have a pretty normal and standard off season for the Seahawks. Ugh.
Unless your STUPID, you sign YOUR OWN players BEFORE another team swoops in and skims the cream off the top. :irishdrinkers:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Might be better to just re-sign guys to your market value and then try to get back comp picks on guys who exceed your market value. Can’t keep everyone. Furthermore, Seahawks can front-load the guys they re-sign and then make their splashes next season with cap space galore and once they have a much better feel on what they might need after the draft and ensuing season.

No need to rush the process. This team is more than one big time player away from competing even if they had a franchise QB on the books. But I get it we live in a world of instant satisfaction.

emurri

Reaction score
scutterhawk":3uv5fxb7 said:
JayhawkMike":3uv5fxb7 said:
New year, same $h!t.

Unless your STUPID, you sign YOUR OWN players BEFORE another team swoops in and skims the cream off the top. :irishdrinkers:
Yeah, brilliant idea to sign a bunch of guys that helped lead a team to seven wins. Let’s not try and improve right? Let’s just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
[*]
scutterhawk":azoh2mam said:
JayhawkMike":azoh2mam said:
New year, same $h!t.

Hmmm seems other front offices are capable enough ti do BOTH. Ours? …

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you've been paying attention then you know that our cap space is mostly fictional because a huge chunk of our key players from last year hit free agency and we still have to account for the majority of Russ's contract. We have over $40mil in dead money this season and empty void years.

We currently have around $33m in cap room depending on how the contract is structured for Diggs, and we have yet to re-sign our starting LT, C, RT, RB, TE, CB or DE. We will obviously be making due at some of those spots with youth or veterans on cheap contracts.

Besides, even if we did have the money to splurge on expensive free agents, why would you want to waste it all during a rebuild? We can roll over up to $22m to 2023 where the dead cap will no longer be on our books and we can much more competitive.

misfit

Reaction score
Pandion Haliaetus":tptlap6k said:
Might be better to just re-sign guys to your market value and then try to get back comp picks on guys who exceed your market value. Can’t keep everyone. Furthermore, Seahawks can front-load the guys they re-sign and then make their splashes next season with cap space galore and once they have a much better feel on what they might need after the draft and ensuing season.

No need to rush the process. This team is more than one big time player away from competing even if they had a franchise QB on the books. But I get it we live in a world of instant satisfaction.
They ain't ever gonna make a big splash even w 250 mill in cap room

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
misfit":2f7cgd53 said:
Pandion Haliaetus":2f7cgd53 said:

They ain't ever gonna make a big splash even w 250 mill in cap room

If they replicate their early tenure in Seattle and get their QB of the future on a cheap rookie deal, I feel like they might make a big splash on the Offensive line again. I think the OL was the highest paid the year they won the superbowl.

xray

Reaction score
PC & JS will do what they always do. Hide in the bushes and watch the cream of the crop get skimmed off the top and hope and pray for those hidden gems that are left a month from now . Pure proactive genius . :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
emurri":27oh1hfi said:
Sgt. Largent":27oh1hfi said:
Free agency starts tomorrow. Relax.
So all of those agreements that happened the past few days aren’t real? All of these good players that have agreed to terms aren’t going to happen? This is just a ridiculous perspective to have. Dumb and dumber are just proving they have no plan and are going to continue to do business as usual like they have been doing for years now. This team will not succeed until these two idiots are gone. That’s just a fact.

Do you know what team has spent the most money in free agency over the past 15 years?

The Patriots? The Rams? The Packers?

Nope. The Jacksonville Jaguars, that's who. Over a billion dollars handed out in ridiculous 1st wave free agency.

So you and others gross misinformed notion that our FO should be handing out big pre-free agency contracts is not only incorrect, but an awful way of running a franchise.

If you want to revisit this conversation in a month or two after free agency is over? Sure, I'm all ears.

But to get all pissed off the day before free agency hasn't even officially begun is really dumb.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'm intrigued as to who OP thinks we have missed out on.

I've not seen one deal that made me think wow that's a great value signing.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":2c0dzmu1 said:
I'm intrigued as to who OP thinks we have missed out on.

I've not seen one deal that made me think wow that's a great value signing.

Jets overpaid for Reed. Jags overpaid for Kirk. Broncos overpaid for Gregory.

See a trend here?

As I said in my first post, some fans think resigning our own players is a lesser signing than singing other team's players for some reason. Even though the track record of successful teams addressing needs from within their own free agent roster is far higher than outside their roster.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't address big needs over the next month. But it does mean you don't overpay and get into bidding wars with perennially terrible organizations for free agents.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Free agency opened today and they have signed three outside FAs...