FLOP !!!!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Cartire":8vl8c8q4 said:
BamKam":8vl8c8q4 said:
That was one of the least classy things I have ever seen. It frustrates me how we don't show any class in victory or defeat. IT bothers me that other teams see us as a bunch of punks with no class. I mean what is the point of winning if you can't be classy doing it?

I dont know you.

But I hate you.
Don't feed the troll. This guy's been in here all week doing this trying to get a rise out of people, too successfully at times I might add. The more you ignore this crap, the sooner it goes away.

As for Rocket, imo it was lame but harmless.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2th0090j said:
Largent80":2th0090j said:
Once again, it was FUNNY. Why does everything have to be serious?

Because people suck Largent.

There is no joy in many's world. and they take it out on the rest of us by being arrogant, self righteous and condescending

This is one of those dishonest tricks people pull out where they decide that since they found something amusing, it is thereby rendered OBJECTIVELY FUNNY, and people who disagree are just jerks who don't wish to have joy in their lives.

The next time that someone else finds something hilarious and you don't really find it funny at all, just imagine an irritating and dishonest voice in your ear going, "WELL THAT'S JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE FUN!" Then get back to me on how good of a post this was for you to make.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2pevyqyv said:
Uncle Si":2pevyqyv said:
Largent80":2pevyqyv said:
Once again, it was FUNNY. Why does everything have to be serious?

Because people suck Largent.

There is no joy in many's world. and they take it out on the rest of us by being arrogant, self righteous and condescending

This is one of those dishonest tricks people pull out where they decide that since they found something amusing, it is thereby rendered OBJECTIVELY FUNNY, and people who disagree are just jerks who don't wish to have joy in their lives.

The next time that someone else finds something hilarious and you don't really find it funny at all, just imagine an irritating and dishonest voice in your ear going, "WELL THAT'S JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE FUN!" Then get back to me on how good of a post this was for you to make.

im imagining your post being read out loud. you're right, its irritating. therefore you're right. i'm being dishonest.

thank you for taking a rather ridiculous and funny action on the football field and making it even more serious. its really what this thread needed

jesus christ on a bike... did you wee a little as you were typing ? admit it. you did. you're so proud of yourself.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
Seriously, do you honestly think this is going to happen again?

He had already committed a foul on the play, he knew it, then in a totally humorous manner, one in which would not cost another penalty did that. I was laughing my ass off.

I do not understand how a person could be so stodgy as to say the NFL is some bastion of perfectness and a play like this is bush league and doesn't belong not only in the NFL but the whole country.

Do you starch your underwear?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ihfyrpe said:
im imagining your post being read out loud. you're right, its irritating. therefore you're right. i'm being dishonest.

thank you for taking a rather ridiculous and funny action on the football field and making it even more serious. its really what this thread needed

jesus christ on a bike... did you wee a little as you were typing ? admit it. you did. you're so proud of yourself.

Not particularly proud; it's not like the point I made was anything but simple and obvious.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Largent80":ix2uxnqq said:
Seriously, do you honestly think this is going to happen again?

I dunno. Hopefully not.

He had already committed a foul on the play, he knew it, then in a totally humorous manner, one in which would not cost another penalty did that. I was laughing my ass off.

If your contention is that he wasn't actually hoping to draw a flag on Philly when he did that, I disagree, but obviously nobody will actually be able to read his mind.

I do not understand how a person could be so stodgy as to say the NFL is some bastion of perfectness and a play like this is bush league and doesn't belong not only in the NFL but the whole country.

Do you starch your underwear?

Ha, I definitely didn't call the NFL a bastion of perfectness. There are a lot of flaws in it. I'm just not inclined to want to throw unmanly gamesmanship into the mix, that's all.

Look: if it's your contention that he wasn't trying to draw a flag on Philly and instead was just having a laugh, and if you're right, then I'm way out to lunch and I suppose I deserve these responses. I just didn't see it the same way.

OP
OP
Largent80

Largent80

Reaction score
I see it two ways. #1 he already knew he got caught holding and was simply (and very bad acting) trying to get offsetting penalties.

Or, he wanted to get on Sportscenter, which he did with being on C'Mon Man.

Either way, it was so bad that it was funny, but hey, I'm a beer swillin, weed smokin, drummer in a rock band.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":3tllnho4 said:
Uncle Si":3tllnho4 said:

Not particularly proud; it's not like the point I made was anything but simple and obvious.

nor was mine... you do a fine job of reinforcing it, however.