Florio: Raiders had interest in Clowney

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The Raiders have are interested in Jadeveon Clowney, just not at a price that Clowney likes. Las Vegas has made Clowney an offer, according to multiple reports.

That adds the Raiders to a list of teams with some interest in Clowney that also includes the Titans, Seahawks and Browns.

But which team will end up with him? Clowney has indicated that he’s not going to sign until he gets an offer to his liking, and so far all indications are that there aren’t any offers out there in the range that Clowney was hoping for.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... n-clowney/

hawks85

Reaction score
Clowney is a joke. Browns offered 18 mil...shot down Seahawks offered 15-16 mil...shot down. The other 2 teams made offers. Clowney is going to be the very last free agent to sign. Clowney doesnt even know what Clowney wants. Clowney is worth 7-10 mil and even that's a stretch.

xray

Reaction score
Clowney should go with the Raiders . Las Vegas--brand shiny new state of the art facilities . Any one that's been to the Vegas strip can imagine what that stadium must be like .

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1l4cfu51 said:
The Raiders have are interested in Jadeveon Clowney, just not at a price that Clowney likes. /

In that case, I also have an interest in Clowney, just not at the right price.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
xray":o26v9k98 said:
Clowney should go with the Raiders . Las Vegas--brand shiny new state of the art facilities . Any one that's been to the Vegas strip can imagine what that stadium must be like .
Sure, Vegas has a brand new state of the art supremely awesome looking stadium, but then he would have to play for the Raiders and the Raiders management, which is bottom 5 in the NFL.

But, I would definitely like to see the Seahawks play the Raiders in Vegas.

chris98251

Reaction score
xray":whcvuwzc said:

So when they say the game is a Blow out are they talking the score or the Hookers at half time ?

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Ha ha there's no legal hookers in Vegas...though I suppose there are other ways.

I'm sick of the Clowney drama. This is a hurt player whose highlight was 10/31/19.

Teahawks

Reaction score
I'm in the just pony up and pay him camp, but at this point I'd honestly forgotten about him.

Get Griffin and a veteran D tackle and call it good.

Reaction score
If he's looking for an offer to his liking, I think he'll be sitting out the 2020 season.

kf3339

Reaction score
Personally, I could care less about Clowney. I hope he signs elsewhere just so no one talks about him any longer on this board.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Raiders have even less cap space then we do, only 8M right now, and they like everyone else haven't even signed all their draft picks yet.

Out of all the teams with the most cap space, the Eagles and Browns are probably the two teams Clowney would consider going to if they gave him a big one year deal.

Which IMO with his knee and other chronic health issues is all he's going to get at this point. Dude HAS to put together a 16 game season with no missing games or 2-3 practices every week, which for the injuries he has? I don't think is possible.

Thus why he and his agent heard crickets this off season for the monster 4-5 year 20M+ deal they wanted.

kf3339

Reaction score
Teahawks":r043bwrr said:
I'm in the just pony up and pay him camp, but at this point I'd honestly forgotten about him.

Get Griffin and a veteran D tackle and call it good.

I've been saying the same thing for a good month or two.

Elemas

Reaction score
He'd get that 20M and you'd see nothing but underwhelming performance after that....

He's a really good player but if previous years are an indication of how much he will see the field in the future, my offer would be much lower than what he's getting now.

Largent80

Reaction score
Unfortunately Ringling Brothers went out of business. Clowns are in the unemployment line.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I read earlier today Cleveland got their guy do they're out on Clowney. Seems the only prospects left would be Titans, Dallas, and Seahawks. Dallas short on $ too, and Titans won't consider a deal without him coming in for physical etc.
We've still got a shot if we can scrap up the money.

groundchucklives

Reaction score
...might juts sit out the entire year. Dude is seriously overrated and annoying. 32 sacks TOTAL in a 6 year career. You ain't Reggie White bro. Always struck me as a diva type weirdo anyway. Better off without him and his huge AND unwarranted ego.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
And yet, if Clowney were re-signed tomorrow no greater than $20 million per year, you would probably be as happy as the rest of us.